We’ll likely lose Richard for Garrett **merged**

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
I think there is a good chance he stays. Most teams looking for a new HC will be looking for offensive minded HCs. For many teams to be swayed to get a defensive minded HC, it will be very important on who he could attract as his OC. I hear people talking about Green Bay, but remember the reason McCarthy was let go was because of the offense production. A deep playoff run lead by the defense may also sway some teams to look at him more seriously, but his potential OC is going to be a big question.
I could see him having Darrell’s Bevell as his OC. They were together in Seattle and Bevell is available.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
HTqsgP5.jpg

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Richard is smart he'l bolt the first chance he gets and distance himself from the Jerry circus. Its bad enough he's had to answer to that incompetent he has as a HC this season.
I really think the players like him and he likes the players. The idea situation would be to move Garrett into the front office as assistant GM under Stephen and have Richards as HC and bring in a Ken Whisenhunt as offensive coordinator. I dont know if the Chargers would let him make a lateral move without some type of compensation.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Richard's been great but we have no idea if he's ready for a head coaching job or if he'd even be good at it. I do have a feeling he's ready for another DC job and I'd be happy with us handing him that job next year. If he's smart he'll take that job and the experience that comes with it. You take a head coaching job too soon and it doesn't work out well for you then that could be the end of your head coaching career or at least for a long time, almost 10 years later and Josh McDaniels doesn't have a head coaching job yet.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Richard is Tier 1 head coaching candidate by advisory board. Garrett survives by making the playoffs. So the dream of Richard replacing him is likely dead. Richard will be head coaching another team in 2019 and we’re stuck with the Clapper for another year (or decade). Shoot me now.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-has-list-of-coaching-candidates-ready-to-go/
I'm more than sure that Jerry has a deal in place with Richard to be our DC next year. Much like the deals that have kept McClay around instead of taking a GM role. Even if JG did leave Richard being our HC is not in our best interest as he now would be taking over duties of the entire team and bring in a DC that he was simply watching over.

bodi

Reaction score
I will chime in on this

I said many months ago that Marinelli will retire this year

or be like Houck is a Coaching Advisor

and Richard will be the new DC

or HC if Garrett falls flat during the playoffs

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Shut up, Broadass

Confused about your reply to his tweet.

I want to follow up on my post from earlier. Don't want to give the impression I think Richard isn't a great Coach. I do. But just consider that there are some really good things happening on defense, many away from the spots that Richard would effect the most. I mean seriously, but look at the DL. Lawrence, Gregory, Crawford, Woods and Collins have been very good and even the reserves have kicked in at times. The LB corps has been lights out...and this with Smith being an unknown before the season and Vander Esch missing a lot of valuable TC time. Remember, there were a lot of people worried about him. Who is responsible for the pressure packages with Smith coming in on the pass rush? I know there was talk long before Richard got here about using Smith in that manner.

On the other side.....looking at the other names on the list, Richard kind of stands out in that crowd. It really is all about finding the right fit. Is Green Bay a good fit? As a young Coach, are you going to want to work with a QB that is as powerful as Rodgers as? THere is definitely a positive in having a Hall of Fame QB...but are you really going to be in charge of the entire team or will it be a glorified DC job? What about Cleveland? They seem to have a lot of young talent, a rabid fan base and maybe some mojo moving forward.

Carter

Reaction score
Dont think he gets offered a HC Position just yet. We better throw the $$$ at him and make him DC next Season for 3 years.

davidariust24

Reaction score

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Richard ranks 13th of possibly 2000 coaches who can be on that list .

I'd say , Richard is gonna get paid next year . Here or elsewhere .