We’re gonna get blown off the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No Tyler Smith

A washed up stiff Tyron Smith , hobbling about .

Edoga is absolute gar - bage.

We neglected the offensive line from the draft until today and now it’s biting us in the groin- like a snake .

Ignorance abound - trading for 3rd string QB’s - ignoring a massive hole on the left side.

Not making one solid move to add a veteran.

Giants are licking their chops .

29-12

Bass is the play but we’ll go Edoga - stupidly.
A Jets castoff
We'll run a lot of 12 personnel to protect the left side, keep it conservative and let the defense win the game. 24 to 10 Cowboys :flagwave:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So you think that a team that runs a lot of outside zone should still draft a player not athletically gifted enough to play outside zone because he's good in a gap scheme?

Talk about a dumb philosophy you have.
Well it helps that I actually question things & understand that we could have solidified the left side for the foreseeable future.

Every team should run some of both. But downhill, impose your will is what you need when you face the best defenses. Outside zone takes very good blocking by the entire unit, is susceptible to penalties & allows defenses with good linebackers to shoot gaps and bring down the back while he's going sideways.

Tony certainly has the speed and moves to run outside. However, giving him 16 inches of daylight inside the tackle box would allow him to hit the 2nd level before the linebackers could even react. Plus, it better suits your backups who don't have his speed.

But sure, let's run a scheme rather than just take a really good player at a position of need that has fallen into our lap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What is written and what will actually be done is two different things…that’s been proven already
If you think they’re bluffing go take your chances. Looks like they’ve finally gotten tired of the crap like a lot of fans and are doing something about it. This has to be real bad news for at least a couple of fans who only come here for one thing. If they see someone breaking the rule, they’ll do something about it and if they don’t see them, they can be alerted to it. :grin:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They treat it as a preseason game. Or a warmup game. They'll even not play dinged up players that would otherwise play later on in the season. That's the impression I get over the last few years.
So how EXACTLY are they treating it as a "Preseason," game? Are they gonna put in a standard defense with no blitz packages? Is Dak, Pollard, and Cee dee not playing?

coult44

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

We neglected the offensive line from the draft until today and now it’s biting us in the groin- like a snake .

Ignorance abound - trading for 3rd string QB’s - ignoring a massive hole on the left side.

29-12

A Jets castoff
You and everyone who liked this are either 11 year old kid who knows nothing, or are eagle fan trolls!!!

Put your money where your mouth is Punk Azz , and put your signature up for grabs. I know you’re too much of a skerrred lil girl to bet your zone membership for a week or two

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Woe is us. All is lost. It's so hopeless we might as well all travel to NY with our umbrellas and sit in the rain and watch the stupid worthless Cowboys get smeared by the world class giants as they lick their chops in victory.

Yup, may as well fold the franchise :laugh:

T-RO

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

29-12

A Jets castoff
Let's assume the worst and Dallas can't block up front...

That certainly doesn't explain how we give up 29 points with our defense.

Flamma

Reaction score
So how EXACTLY are they treating it as a "Preseason," game? Are they gonna put in a standard defense with no blitz packages? Is Dak, Pollard, and Cee dee not playing?
None of them played in preseason. I'm saying week 1 is going to basically be warming up for the rest of the season.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Giants offense is deadly with saquon & jones & Hyatt others .

If we can’t control the game via the run, we’re in trouble.
Deadly, when did this happen? Don't know if you are serious, but this reeks of hyperbole.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of them played in preseason. I'm saying week 1 is going to basically be warming up for the rest of the season.
You do know Joe Burrow has taken a total of 3 snaps his entire PS career. And they made the SB and the AFCCG with the worst OL in the NFL those 2 years?
However, it is Dallas. :laugh:

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

29-12

A Jets castoff
That’s the spirit :rolleyes:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Those COLLEGE players dont have a preseason and they seem to throw, catch and run pretty well in week 1.

catiii

Reaction score
Well I guess I can play Call of Duty Sunday night instead.....
Do you know if the new PC version of xbox game pass Medal of Honor can be successfully played with a joystick that I use for MSFS?

catiii

Reaction score
Why do you watch football? If you can’t be objective and realize your owner and our GM is an absolute ignoramus for neglecting the most important part of a football team.
The ol is the engine
Can I get in trouble if I just THINK JJ is an imbecile?
Good, because I THINK JJ is an imbecile. :lmao::grin:

Flamma

Reaction score
You do know Joe Burrow has taken a total of 3 snaps his entire PS career. And they made the SB and the AFCCG with the worst OL in the NFL those 2 years?
However, it is Dallas. :laugh:
Maybe that's why they looked ill prepared when they played us in week 2 of last year? Couldn't beat us with our backup QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Those COLLEGE players dont have a preseason and they seem to throw, catch and run pretty well in week 1.
What am I supposed to think about college players? 99% of which won't make the NFL. Anyone can catch and run pretty well without preseason. But NFL teams that are more prepared win in the first couple of weeks of the season. Especially week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.