We already know our HC in 2025

Toro9

Reaction score
Seeing MM is in his last year, it’s either the Cowboys extend him or let him go after another early playoff exit.

The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board with a lame duck HC knowing full well he has an opportunity to become the HC?

A lot can happen from now until then but knowing JJ he’ll go with what’s comfortable to him and moving Zimmer up after MM is a total Jerrah move.

Thoughts?
I believe your logic to be sound.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I thought about this earlier myself. It wouldn’t surprise me and I would be absolutely sick. I think this fanbase would be irate if that happened.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I thought about this earlier myself. It wouldn’t surprise me and I would be absolutely sick. I think this fanbase would be irate if that happened.
I think anything this FO does is going to tick a lot of people off. A total reconstruction of this team would appease a lot of fans. Unfortunately JJ won’t do it although I can keep wishing.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I do think it possible…. No even for 2025 but for next year. Depending on the schedule if MM has this team 1-3 or something after 4 games I can see Jerry making the change.

GMO415

Reaction score
2025 Cowboys HC
kellen-moore-coach.png

MS17

Reaction score
If you must bring back previous coaches, with criterion that Jerruh has to be comfortable with them...I hear Dave Campo's available.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Zimmer strikes me as a one year trial. If they don’t extend Dak this offseason and they have similar lack of success in the playoffs, then they’d be in a good position to blow it all up. The problem is that next year is a weak QB class, unless they plan on riding with Trey Lance.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm thinking more along the lines of Jerry bringing Kellen back home to complete his Jason Garrett Part II process once and for all.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Seeing MM is in his last year, it’s either the Cowboys extend him or let him go after another early playoff exit.

The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board with a lame duck HC knowing full well he has an opportunity to become the HC?

A lot can happen from now until then but knowing JJ he’ll go with what’s comfortable to him and moving Zimmer up after MM is a total Jerrah move.

Thoughts?
Witten in 2027

Diehardblues

Reaction score
MM could win 12 games again , now out early again in playoffs and we could extend him one year at a time.

Unless he wants to entertain another team hiring him .

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
No way...not for HC. But it's more likely that Jerry and Stephen would force the new HC to keep Zimmer instead of hiring his own DC.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score

Thoughts?
well Zimmer would have to prove competency this year, no?
If he takes a dive they may both be gone.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Thoughts?
This sounds possible, and if it happens more will lose interest.
What motivation does MM have now?? What happens if MM gets to champ game?? does he still let mike go and put Zimmer in ??
Jerry is muddying the water and confusing fans players etc.

This type of stuff is why I GAVE UP ON COWBOYS being good in playoffs years ago.
Jones will wear you out with all the stupid crazy things he does and doesnt do!
Well uh uh ,relative to cowboys, that is uh uh all folks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I think if MM is gone, then all the coaches are gone, except the ones Jerry enforces them on the new coach. Zimmer was out of NFL. no other offers. he took a job. even if its a one year stint, he can try and show what he is capable of. its like an audition...."I still got it...."

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's as far as he's going here. Once next season is over the new guy will let Jerry bring in his coaches. Mike won't be here.