We already know our HC in 2025

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Seeing MM is in his last year, it’s either the Cowboys extend him or let him go after another early playoff exit.

The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board with a lame duck HC knowing full well he has an opportunity to become the HC?

A lot can happen from now until then but knowing JJ he’ll go with what’s comfortable to him and moving Zimmer up after MM is a total Jerrah move.

Thoughts?
He'd better not worry about 2025, as he could still get fired in 2024 during the season lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Extending MM is disrespectful to the players and the fans.
That's a ridiculous statement at this point. MM has earned the right to complete the term of his contract and if he delivers to us a SB appearance in his final contractual year, he will have earned the extension. We don't know yet what will happen in that final year, so your statement is premature and at the moment, false. The players clearly support MM

Flamma

Reaction score
Seeing MM is in his last year, it’s either the Cowboys extend him or let him go after another early playoff exit.

The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board with a lame duck HC knowing full well he has an opportunity to become the HC?

A lot can happen from now until then but knowing JJ he’ll go with what’s comfortable to him and moving Zimmer up after MM is a total Jerrah move.

Thoughts?
Belichick is the Cowboys head coach next year.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Thoughts?
I think it's hilarious this same stuff was said about Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn and it never happened it's a bunch of nonsense you guys keep making up it no indicator of anything that could have been the same with Rex Ryan or Rivera they were all head coaches Dan Quinn himself was a head coach before he became the defensive coordinator here just because you hire a has been head coach in the NFL as your coordinator does not mean he's the next man up absolutely does not mean that at all..

I mean literally any of the veteran hires which was gonna be one of those coaches they were discussing the most were all head coaches at one time they were gonna be hired they weren't hired to be the next head coach they were hired to be one year defensive coordinator, now if their side of the ball plays great in Mike McCarthy's doesn't, it Mike McCarthy side is the reason we lost ,there's a chance they might be the next defensive coordinator...

So please stop the conspiracy theories they get old this is your opinion this is not a fact this is not an indicator of anything at all we do not know our next head coach...

Repeat please stop putting your feelings in your hypotheticals and what you believe you think this higher was into some kind of reality because it is not...

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Zimmer will replace MM at some point next season and that will be his audition. Hopefully Jerry doesn't make the mistake and re-enter his cycle of lunacy by signing Zim as his HC. We need to inject some fresh ideas, a new energy into this franchise. These old school coaches just won't get it done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Belichick is the Cowboys head coach next year.
I can believe that more sure but we're all assuming that Mike McCarthy and Zimmer are gonna be bad this year what if they're not I mean if Mike McCarthy was gonna be gone that easily Jerry Jones would have made that move already Bill Belichick was available so was any of these X defensive coordinators are where head coaches he could have elevated Dan Quinn he could have hired Rex Ryan or Rivera or Zimmer as a head coach...

All these posts are comical because their opinions they're what this man feels but I don't believe it for a minute because we were gonna hire a veteran defensive coordinator no matter who it was they were all ex head coaches so it's not an indicator of anything..... If Jerry Jones wanted Mike McCarthy gone that bad he didn't have to disguise it by keeping him here one more year and hiring his successor as offensive coordinator he literally just could have peeled the Band-Aid off now and hired whoever his target actually was...

Some of these posts never make any sense to me....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zimmer will replace MM at some point next season and that will be his audition. Hopefully Jerry doesn't make the mistake and re-enter his cycle of lunacy by signing Zim as his HC. We need to inject some fresh ideas, a new energy into this franchise. These old school coaches just won't get it done.
I like how people keep assuming we're gonna be bad and that this is gonna happen like they kept Mike McCarthy knowing that they would need a season head coach and defensive coordinator because they're gonna replace him in the middle of the year I mean you you you think that that's a plan it's not a plan you're assuming a lot...

Which by the way there's a large portion of this place that has predicted under nine wins all three seasons since 2020 and we're hoping to be right and hoping Mike McCarthy was just gonna completely fail and he has yet to do that...

The Dallas Cowboys hired a veteran defensive coordinator because their head coach was only under A 1 year contract and they want them all to prove that they belong on this team in 2025 with a new contract.. It's pretty simple they needed a guy that can come in get adapted and get something bill for one year with what he has and a few additions. There's no conspiracy they just needed a veteran to do this because a young guy a newly elevated guy say like al Harris or Durde would have had time to build this team because they may only have one year...

No one has their mind made-up Jerry does not usually fire somebody in the middle of the year it's only happened once that I remember but I doubt that's gonna happen.. They're in this for the long haul and by the way I've seen a lot of teams start out slow the last couple seasons and end up in the playoffs it doesn't matter how you start the year it's how you finish so I don't think Jerry is gonna completely give up on Mike McCarthy unless we start out like 2-8... And in that case I don't care what happens after that and by the way how do you know that that two and eight start wasn't because of Mike zimmer's ever gonna start throwing out wild accusations what if the defense is just terrible like last year the defense in my opinion was the worst part of the team in the big games so you're going to tell me that Mike McCarthy is gonna get fired and zimmer's gonna get elevated if zimmer's teams playing that if Zimmer is the reason that the team started out slow???

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious this same stuff was said about Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn and it never happened it's a bunch of nonsense you guys keep making up it no indicator of anything that could have been the same with Rex Ryan or Rivera they were all head coaches Dan Quinn himself was a head coach before he became the defensive coordinator here just because you hire a has been head coach in the NFL as your coordinator does not mean he's the next man up absolutely does not mean that at all..

I mean literally any of the veteran hires which was gonna be one of those coaches they were discussing the most were all head coaches at one time they were gonna be hired they weren't hired to be the next head coach they were hired to be one year defensive coordinator, now if their side of the ball plays great in Mike McCarthy's doesn't, it Mike McCarthy side is the reason we lost ,there's a chance they might be the next defensive coordinator...

So please stop the conspiracy theories they get old this is your opinion this is not a fact this is not an indicator of anything at all we do not know our next head coach...

Repeat please stop putting your feelings in your hypotheticals and what you believe you think this higher was into some kind of reality because it is not...
What’s the point of a forum then? When was it stated as fact?

Heck, 90% of posts here are opinions. If that bothers you then go somewhere else and move along.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I like how people keep assuming we're gonna be bad and that this is gonna happen like they kept Mike McCarthy knowing that they would need a season head coach and defensive coordinator because they're gonna replace him in the middle of the year I mean you you you think that that's a plan it's not a plan you're assuming a lot...

Which by the way there's a large portion of this place that has predicted under nine wins all three seasons since 2020 and we're hoping to be right and hoping Mike McCarthy was just gonna completely fail and he has yet to do that...

The Dallas Cowboys hired a veteran defensive coordinator because their head coach was only under A 1 year contract and they want them all to prove that they belong on this team in 2025 with a new contract.. It's pretty simple they needed a guy that can come in get adapted and get something bill for one year with what he has and a few additions. There's no conspiracy they just needed a veteran to do this because a young guy a newly elevated guy say like al Harris or Durde would have had time to build this team because they may only have one year...

No one has their mind made-up Jerry does not usually fire somebody in the middle of the year it's only happened once that I remember but I doubt that's gonna happen.. They're in this for the long haul and by the way I've seen a lot of teams start out slow the last couple seasons and end up in the playoffs it doesn't matter how you start the year it's how you finish so I don't think Jerry is gonna completely give up on Mike McCarthy unless we start out like 2-8... And in that case I don't care what happens after that and by the way how do you know that that two and eight start wasn't because of Mike zimmer's ever gonna start throwing out wild accusations what if the defense is just terrible like last year the defense in my opinion was the worst part of the team in the big games so you're going to tell me that Mike McCarthy is gonna get fired and zimmer's gonna get elevated if zimmer's teams playing that if Zimmer is the reason that the team started out slow???
This is all hypothetical and conspiracy. I repeat keep your thoughts to yourself unless you have facts

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts?
I mean he fits the YES man profile so ya I can see it happening.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would be an awful hire that accomplishes nothing

Just like the last three hires, it's a 3-to-4-year binding deal with mediocrity.

For all the "McCarthy was a Super Bowl-winning Head Coach" crowd, what the heck has MIke Zimmer won as a Head Coach?
They are too afraid to go with a 1st Head Coach. Very hard to win big with retreads. McCarthy has done about what you would expect of him. Some sliver of relevance, but not good enough. Payton would have done the same. Reid is the only I know of that has real success.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
They are too afraid to go with a 1st Head Coach. Very hard to win big with retreads. McCarthy has done about what you would expect of him. Some sliver of relevance, but not good enough. Payton would have done the same. Reid is the only I know of that has real success.
one could argue Belichick was a retread, massive failure in Cleveland

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd keep big Mike, who we going to get to win 12 games every year. I'd be scared of firing him and going back to the Campo days.

Is this how it works?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
The only thing that will prevent Zimmer from being the next HC is a two-win season. Maybe one. Otherwise, Zimmer is the next HC. He's comfortable, he's family, and Jerry can point all the way back to the Glory years as his reason, even though the glory years are as dead as disco.