We already know our HC in 2025

Jayinem

Reaction score
Jerry gives a press conference:

We have decided to move on from Mike McCarthy after another playoff failure, and I'm here to announce his successor. Well not really successor, i am going to announce the person who has secretly been coach all along but now will be on the side lines. That person is ME, Jerry Jones. Only I am fit to own, GM and coach this team FOREVER. And I have participated in stem cell research to make sure that I never die.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zimmer will replace MM at some point next season and that will be his audition. Hopefully Jerry doesn't make the mistake and re-enter his cycle of lunacy by signing Zim as his HC. We need to inject some fresh ideas, a new energy into this franchise. These old school coaches just won't get it done.
So you're not even going to give Zim a chance? You're just going to assume he fails his audition? There is nothing wrong with fresh ideas and new energy but it's wrong to think older coaches can't do a good enough job to "get it done". Andy Reid just won his 3rd SB and is 65.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'd keep big Mike, who we going to get to win 12 games every year. I'd be scared of firing him and going back to the Campo days.

Is this how it works?
Exactly.
Just like moving on from Dak. How can we replace all the postseason success we've been having with him at QB?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The only thing that will prevent Zimmer from being the next HC is a two-win season. Maybe one. Otherwise, Zimmer is the next HC. He's comfortable, he's family, and Jerry can point all the way back to the Glory years as his reason, even though the glory years are as dead as disco.
I just watched the Last Days of Disco and Boogies Nights, seems like fun times

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
So you're not even going to give Zim a chance? You're just going to assume he fails his audition? There is nothing wrong with fresh ideas and new energy but it's wrong to think older coaches can't do a good enough job to "get it done". Andy Reid just won his 3rd SB and is 65.
Reid is also a HOF coach and has taken 2 different franchises to the Super Bowl.

Zimmerman is getting his chance at DC but I do not want him to be our HC.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing MM is in his last year, it’s either the Cowboys extend him or let him go after another early playoff exit.

The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board with a lame duck HC knowing full well he has an opportunity to become the HC?

A lot can happen from now until then but knowing JJ he’ll go with what’s comfortable to him and moving Zimmer up after MM is a total Jerrah move.

Thoughts?
Hiring Quinn was supposed to be a pretty good indicator Quinn would succeed MM

Before that Moore was a young wonder boy being groomed to be the Cowboys head coach.

exciter

Reaction score
Seeing MM is in his last year, it’s either the Cowboys extend him or let him go after another early playoff exit.

The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board with a lame duck HC knowing full well he has an opportunity to become the HC?

A lot can happen from now until then but knowing JJ he’ll go with what’s comfortable to him and moving Zimmer up after MM is a total Jerrah move.

Thoughts?
Kellen Moore!

_sturt_

Reaction score
The hiring of Zimmer as DC is a pretty good indicator of what JJ is thinking after the MM years. Would Zimmer come on board
... damn... nothing against the OPoster, but why doesn't logic so easily defeat this idea...

Zimmer's resume' is what it is.

And one thing it's not is that of a widely regarded assistant coach with a history of playing QB for the team and an Ivy League pedigree that suggests super-smarts. Translation... don't kid yourself that Zimmer is anything like hiring Garrett way-back-when.

First, even if we set that aside and pretend the two are equivalent... how'd that work for ya, Jerrah??? The formula for success it turned out not to be.

But switching back into reality... if McCarthy doesn't succeed, then his staff will not be regarded as being successful either (!!!). So, whether there will be an overhaul, then, isn't a reasonable argument to have. It rather will be about a short list of the most-recently-highly-regarded coaches who are available.

It's why Belichick, if he'd want to be here, is smart to wait. It's why Vrabel, if he'd want to be here, is smart to wait. It's why Durde is better positioned to someday become the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys now, being hired in Seattle, than he would have been had he gotten the DC job here. (And on that last one, stick a pin in it... multiple sources appear to be saying now that he was such a close second in the final decision because he made such a strong impression.)

Finally. Yes. You've heard this before. And just as applicable this time: I don't make the rules of logic. I just know what they are, and I don't pretend they don't exist.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can believe that more sure but we're all assuming that Mike McCarthy and Zimmer are gonna be bad this year what if they're not I mean if Mike McCarthy was gonna be gone that easily Jerry Jones would have made that move already Bill Belichick was available
Obviously Jones is not assuming BigMac is going to fail, it's mainly the fans. This is also McCarthy's final year of his contract. If it plays out like many fans believe, I'm thinking BigMac is out, Bill is in.

If the Cowboys have a fantastic year, Jerry will probably extend Fat Mike.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What’s the point of a forum then? When was it stated as fact?

Heck, 90% of posts here are opinions. If that bothers you then go somewhere else and move along.
First of all, that wasn't the cause was under percent a statement of fact there was no, ? When is such a wild swing and a miss and it's always slanted towards conspiracy theories you know what Jerry might know in his head and everything somehow is already written in stone that was how it's being taken and yeah 90% of the posts are opinion but when opinion is stated as fact as if everybody thinks that Jerry already has a plan for 2025 as if this season is being written off as a failure I'm gonna have to call it out that's not a fact that's not even 1/2 opinion because Jerry has never been known to even attempt what is known as tanking he does not like losing he does wanna win and whether he goes about it the correct way or not that's only for the Cowboys organization to worry about...

So I'm telling you I'm 100% positive that you're wrong because they're not gonna throw away a season if they want to do that they would have just fired Mike McCarthy versus hiring his replacement for next year I mean that's one of the most ridiculous narratives I've ever heard why not him just fire him now if he wants to replace him so bad he could have just hired Mike Zimmer you think that it's about money Jerry has never worried that much about money he may not fire a coach with three years left on his contract which by the way he did with Mike Nolan so you can blow that theory up as well but what one year left he has no problem and I'm telling you this because I seen in the past firing a coach or a player with money left on their contracts that is a ridiculous conspiracy theory that is not true my opinion is it's nowhere close to the truth....​
Jerry may not be the GM of the year may not be the greatest owner with the past 28 years being brought up all the time as some kind of proof he's no good then I can tell you this there's no way he's purposely keeping Mike McCarthy here and hiring a defensive coordinator take his place because he already is predicting failure that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard nobody does that nobody is willing to do that if he had little to no faith in Mike McCarthy he literally would have fired him already... He had a golden opportunity to hire Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh or in your estimation he could have just named my Zimmer the head coach right now why throw a year away why expect failure...

That is a fan thing to do you all think the NFL is rigged and Jerry Jones has this evil plan and somehow he doesn't want to pay one year to Mike McCarthy being fired so he's just gonna let him have a terrible year and then fire him next year just say it out loud about five or six times and then maybe you'll have your answer to what you wrote as a statement but if you want it to be rhetorical like you already have the answer then you really have a big problem and anybody who believes that Jerry knows a bad season's coming but he's gonna go ahead and pay for that that's like buying a brand new car with a blown engine knowing it won't go down the road but you went ahead and bought it anyway...​
Dude seriously I mean I thought that when I read it and when I reread it and now this morning when I have to reply to your ridiculous post made to me as if I'm the one that's crazy.​
There is no way Jerry Jones is already expecting a bad season but doesn't wanna eat one year salary so it's just gonna have a bad year literally go ahead and pay all those players and all those other coaches they're all under contract to have a bad season so that way you can in your end goal which you think Jerry's end goal is to fire Mike McCarthy...​
I'm telling you he did this with Jason Garrett and saw that it worked Jason Garrett had one of his better seasons and then he got a new contract he does this with players players typically have these contract years and why can't a coach have a contract here most of them are motivated to do better not worse..​
I don't think Mike Zimmer would be his first choice for head coach therefore I don't think that's his plan he's only done it one time with wade Phillips and it took Jason Garrett completely being horrible they got wade Phillips cut at mid season but Jerry doesn't typically do that that's the only way Zimmer gets this job because I believe a guy like Bill Belichick or somebody similar would be a better fit and if Jerry really wanted that he would already did it this year...​
However, in my opinion ,even if Jerry came out and said we're keeping Mike McCarthy as he did but then he was hoping to keep the whole entire staff together but then Dan Quinn right at the last minute got that job with Washington the very last opening if now his plan was for consistency in keeping the whole band together but it didn't and he really wanted to get rid of Mike McCarthy and he truly believes that Mike McCartney's not going to be coaching in 2025,​
why not right after Dan Quinn left poaching a lot of our coaching staff and he didn't turn around and just fire Mike McCarthy anyway, I mean in my opinion that's what I would have done and went ahead and hired Bill Belichick is this crazy backpedal, just go ahead and get it done and pull the Band-Aid that's exactly what I would have done... I truly believe while Jerry had a clue that Dan Quinn might have left it was looking like he was gonna stay and I don't think he wanted to make this decision but the best decision for a veteran team that possibly has its window open for this one season he needed a veteran not for the future head coach but just to try to do the most that he can with one off season to make this defense the best he can so he had those three names in my opinion there wasn't a big stretch between the three and I hired Mike Zimmer with no intentions of anything beyond this year.​
If any of us had any club in here I would have made that phone call to Jerry sent him a message hey Dan Quinn left took a bunch of the coaching staff why not just go ahead and purge the rest now even if your intention is in public was to keep Mike McCarthy it would have been a great jerry thing to do is fire MM on the spot and get BB in here now.​

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is an interesting conclusion. Jones will replace one 'lame duck' head coach with another head coach, who would likely become another 'lame duck' head coach in short order.
IMHO NOT interesting at all , it makes zero sense, just another wild accusation based on made up conclusions that are always slanted towards a negative of Jerrys intent...

so jerry doesn't want to pay mike McCarthy one year to not be here but will pay an entries team of salary's and all the business operations cost to have a predicted failed season, like hes intentionally knowing this wont work well but instead of fifing MM and eating one very small sarly ie what 6mil he will pay 300mil in costs to run his team out there to tank MM and replace him with coach he could have hired NOW as HC or replaced MM much cheaper then wasted year.

Interesting more like INSANE Theory..

much easier to assume a normal outlook is MM earned at least one more year given his 3 year run of 3 playoff appearances, 2 division titles and 36 wins some of the most consistency that we ahve not seen since the mid 90s..

that not my take its easier to assume that jerry was hoping to run it al back it looked like for minute DQ was staying last job opening last shot and he left. Jerry wanted to unit all back against what i was hoping for as i wished for coaching purge top to bottom but hey we got half of it..

Jerry than needed an easy transition for a one-off year and a vet like ryan, zimmer or rivera fit the bill to find quick solution to using a mostly vet team with small turnover on defense and get plan for 2024..nothig beyond that..

that makes too much sense for fans to believe.. conspiracy's and ulterior motives are more entertaining LOL

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Obviously Jones is not assuming BigMac is going to fail, it's mainly the fans. This is also McCarthy's final year of his contract. If it plays out like many fans believe, I'm thinking BigMac is out, Bill is in.

If the Cowboys have a fantastic year, Jerry will probably extend Fat Mike.
exactly mike zimmer is just a defensive coordinator for 2024 that it no conspiracy no ulterior motive its as simple as that, JG stepped up bit in his lame duck year and got new deal , who knows.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The decision makers got this...don't worry ya'll....

burdettes.png

LOL