We are all Buccaneers fans

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
We really need the Bucs to win at least tomorrow to have a realistic chance at the playoffs.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We really need the Bucs to win at least tomorrow to have a realistic chance at the playoffs.

Not really. Sure, it would help, and sure it's unlikely to happen regardless, but there are lots of reasonable paths to the postseason after tomorrow, no matter what happens.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Even 1 win from the Bucs in any of these last 3 games increases our chances GREATLY. 2 is probably too much to ask for but 1 Bucs win would be enormous and isn't wildly unreasonable.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
they have a number of big time players hurt.

they will need winstons best game.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Even 1 win from the Bucs in any of these last 3 games increases our chances GREATLY. 2 is probably too much to ask for but 1 Bucs win would be enormous and isn't wildly unreasonable.

To quantify it, I just quickly ran the numbers through 538's playoff projection model. Our current playoff odds are 38% assuming we beat SEA and PHI.

a) a Bucs win vs. ATL tomorrow raises those chances to 60%.
b) a Bucs loss tomorrow vs. ATL but a win @ CAR next week raises our chances to 58%
c) a Bucs loss tomorrow vs. ATL, a loss next week @ CAR, but a win Week 17 vs. NO (combined with NO losing to ATL next week) raises our chances to 70%

One Bucs win is enormous for our chances. Would be nearly as huge as DET losing a game (all other things being equal, DET losing a game without factoring in any of ATL/CAR/NO's games raises our playoff chances from 38% to 60%).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, I hate having to root for trash teams like the Bucs because we couldn't handle our own business.:mad:

Whats the odds they beat the Falcons, maybe 10%?

Welcome to the NFL, where teams don’t always control their own destinies.

The Bucs won’t beat the Falcons. We need the Saints and Panthers to do it.

zeke21

Reaction score
I don't think the Bucs will win.. but Winston will be playing for his football career imho.. so things could get interesting... I reckon he will try to sling it around which could end very badly or it could mean a miracle

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Bucs win outand we win out, we're in LOL. Believe people

:muttley:

Josh-Freeman.jpg

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yo ho ho, we're the Buccaneers!

Yeah, I know. They suck. Go Bucs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't think the Bucs will win.. but Winston will be playing for his football career imho.. so things could get interesting... I reckon he will try to sling it around which could end very badly or it could mean a miracle

they will fire the coaching staff before they bench dopey winston.