Twitter: We are all Nick Eatman

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Wrong. This team was close last year. Overrated players don't win 12 games.

Pretty sure the facts show that you’re the one who is wrong. Of those 12 wins, 6 were against trash nfc east teams. We had a losing record against teams with good records. And we lost the first playoff game at home, no less. That’s the reality about your 12 win team that hosted a playoff game.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I can't figure out why some here consider Jerry a draft guru?:banghead:
Superbowl teams are built a piece here(Fa) a piece there(Draft) not exclusively by the draft.
Our GM is incompetent after 26 years to understand the above!
The Circus re-opens in Sept!!!

I'm on board calling Jerry a draft Guru.

What I'm not on board with is, they don't supplement it with FA. They don't have a legitimate coaching staff (other than DQ) that can keep the talent fire going within the players they draft. They end up fizzling out.
Then going back to what I said about FA, they don't plug and play with FA (weeding out the fizzled out and supplementing it with FA's that are still on fire). Just because someone is FA doesn't always mean they're a bad player.
It could be they don't fit in such and such scheme or the team just can't afford that particular player. Some (like Conner Williams) can't play worth a crap..

Flamma

Reaction score
Pretty sure the facts show that you’re the one who is wrong. Of those 12 wins, 6 were against trash nfc east teams. We had a losing record against teams with good records. And we lost the first playoff game at home, no less. That’s the reality about your 12 win team that hosted a playoff game.

I agree with you. But what puzzles me is just how badly we beat those crap teams, and it doesn't translate at all to the better teams. Sadly, the only difference between this year and last year was the defense. That's why we were 12-5. The offense is the same.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I agree with you. But what puzzles me is just how badly we beat those crap teams, and it doesn't translate at all to the better teams. Sadly, the only difference between this year and last year was the defense. That's why we were 12-5. The offense is the same.

I agree. They look great against bad teams and collapse against good ones. I wonder if it is what Emmitt and Michael are saying about them being mentally soft; like a bully who crumbles when someone punches back.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cowboys are soft as charmin, they run the score up on the scrub teams and then lose to anybody half way decent.

Want proof..............6-0 vs the East.............6-6 against everybody else..............they are a .500 at best outside the East.

.500 teams typically dont go very far in the playoffs, so no surprise they got whooped in the first round. Only reason they even had a chance at the end of the game was because of Jimmy G trying to throw the game away, as usual.

CWR

Reaction score
They do when 6 of those are against Div II teams, and then get beat by AFCW teams ...lucky they ain't in that division. Going one and done last year is being "close".....LOL..

Close enough to try to get better through FA. The NFC isn't exactly loaded. There's only a few contenders. We were left with the choice of going on 4th or punting, and as always we play it safe.

I dont think many here will attempt to argue we were "good enough." However, if you take that roster and add a dline help and maybe a LB, then draft hard on the oline how does that not put us in contention in a weak NFC?

It's not like we were getting blown out by good teams. We didnt have enough, but there was something to build on.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not a few players away. They are an entire team culture away.

They need an attitude of "We want the ring and we are going to take it, nothing is going to stop us."

Their OC plays scared, they play scared, they don't play to win, they play not to lose.

In the early 90's when the opponent scored, they got mad. They usually marched right down the field and answered.

When this team was scored on last year, they tried circling the wagon. It was, "Oh no, this is going to be difficult!"

This defense is going to be different this year, 2nd year under Quinn, 2nd year for that defensive draft last season. They need attitude and swagger and I'm really hoping that guys like Parsons, Joseph, Osa, and Golston will begin to provide that.