Twitter: We are all Nick Eatman

CoachD

Reaction score
Look at those second rounders. Jeez. Terrible.
Bad bad bad and it goes way back, however, as bad as their second rounders have been the Cowboys first round selections the past X amount of years have been very good.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Nick Eatman is doing the same thing a lot of posters here do.

That is overrate the players and coaches we have.

We are not a top 2 or 3 NFC team and we wasn't last year either. Eatman is buying into the fools gold and thinks we're just a piece or two away.
I disagree. The Cowboys had the ball first down across mid field with 3 timeouts with a chance to take the lead against 49ers who beat the Packers and Rams twice. If the safety did not drop the interception, San Francisco probably wins the Super Bowl. The Cowboys can go to the Super Bowl next season and that should be the expectation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I disagree. The Cowboys had the ball first down across mid field with 3 timeouts with a chance to take the lead against 49ers who beat the Packers and Rams twice. If the safety did not drop the interception, San Francisco probably wins the Super Bowl. The Cowboys can go to the Super Bowl next season and that should be the expectation.
You could've just said "I disagree".

There was no reason to go full fantasy land afterwards.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't at all understand who is who with local Dallas media.

I recognize the name from long ago though and people want to say he doesn't know his stuff. Doesn't add up for me. Does he work for the team?

The only guy I know as well as their role is Spagnola. Slater covers the team, and I'm pretty sure her employer is the NFL network.

Other than that it's not very obvious who is who and/or which entity currently enables the Joneses to continue this charade at the moment.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This team was close before the offseason. But unlike in the 1990s when they got Haley and Deion get the team over the hump, this year they retreated. I get what Eatman is saying. Why not get aggressive when they were so close. They struck gold drafting Parsons. They should have built on that but instead they decided to dump talent from the roster. If this team went out and got themselves a DT and a LG and kept guys like Cooper, Haley and Collins, they might be good enough to compete for a Superdowl next year.

I am not saying they should not have traded Cooper but what I would say is don't trade or cut anyone if it makes your team worse.
100%. If you don't want Cooper or Collins. Okay. Then replace them with someone better. Because last year was not good enough. And when you move on from players...that suggests that they did not do enough to help you win. So if winning is your goal...then replace them with someone better! If you don't....then winning is not your goal.

Flamma

Reaction score
Disagreed. If you have last years team (Coop, Gregory) included and you go sign Bobby Wagner and trade for a guy like Von Miller, there is no doubt this team is the top 3. Rams obviously … Bucs are a year older and Rodgers has no weapons. Outside of that it's wide open this year in the NFC.

Regardless of how people think, this team is still projected to win the East, win 10+ games and likely lose a first round playoff game. If you add a few SOLID pieces they are in contention for top 3.

The Cowboys don't enter the off season with what happened in the regular season in mind. They don't care if they're top 3, 5, 7, it doesn't matter. What did they do after 2014, '16, or '18? The same thing they're doing now. They same as they did after 2017 and 2019.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If everyone was coming back from last years team....it would have made sense to go all in....but the problem is....not everyone is coming back. Your missing a lot of people now. Hell an argument could be made you would have to go all in just to keep a team together that is reasonably close to last years team.

As bad as everyone wants to go for it....Solid drafting is the right move right now....followed by filling in the holes after the compensatory period is over.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry's team building has lead to 3 playoff wins in 26 years but he STILL has the ability to make fans believe they are only a couple pieces away.

For everything that Jerry does wrong he sure does know how to sell fools gold.

That's 4 playoff wins.

Zordon

Reaction score
Isn’t this video from a few weeks ago? Since then Eatman has been regurgitating the company line.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys looked close last season at least through the first 7 games but by playoff time they weren’t close. Talent wise they’re further away now than they were at this time last year. The OL is a mess and the receiving corp looks very iffy. The trenches are going to continue to be a problem especially against playoff caliber teams late in the season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Isn’t this video from a few weeks ago? Since then Eatman has been regurgitating the company line.
yeah its the same 1 I posted here I think.Yeah he has toned it down a bit. I reckon he was reprimanded for his lil Truthbomb last time. He's tryin to bite his tongue lately. I bet its killing him inside.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Nick is completely delusional.

Last year everything rolled right for us and we still laid a big steaming wet one on the star in the middle of the field *at home* in wildcard weekend.

This year, we're just going to get worse. Tons of key role players last year on cheap contracts. This year, we lose them or pay a lot more for them. And we're digging a *bigger* hole with more dead cap and more guaranteed money.

"Win Now", this year, is "Win Never Because I'm a Child and Can't Face Reality".

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Wrong. This team was close last year. Overrated players don't win 12 games.

They do when 6 of those are against Div II teams, and then get beat by AFCW teams ...lucky they ain't in that division. Going one and done last year is being "close".....LOL..

DanA

Reaction score
11 of those 12 wins came against teams with 8 or more losses. The other was against 10-7 New England.

They beat two playoff teams all season, both of whom got blown out in the WC round, then bowed out at home against the 3rd place team from the NFC West.

Paper tigers, unfortunately.

Right, but that was last year. What if we brought that same team back minus Collins and Zuerlien signing:
  • Scherff replacing C.Williams
  • Wagner instead of LVE
  • Futukasi instead of Watkins
  • OJ Howard instead of Sprinkle
That’s what pushing your chips in looks like and that would give us one hell of a team for next year. Let’s say we drafted Linderbaum and a 2nd round swing tackle or WR. We were a good team last season with some holes…how about about fixing them in FA instead of penny pinching.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
The team is a reflection of its management bad management bad result end of story
between me and you i don't think this team will ever win a SB with this management style we have.