We are basically the same without change

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So how do we chalk this next season up after most have improved?

I dont know if we are good enough to repeat last years record. We are not beating any playoff teams.

One of our worse enemies in the packers who had an off year have also improved. We couldnt even take care of business with them missing in action.

Dak is now missing a safety blanket in Beasley and will be forced to beat teams as cooper will draw triple teams. We all know Dak is not that good.

Defense hasn't improved......so much more going on.

(Just got tired of writing this thread)
Tired of this team sometimes. Thinking of this team is tiresome at times, even when I think of them every now and then.

I feel like a car with no more fuel in the tank for the team.

Yeah:huh:yep

:):starspin::confused:

I feel as empty as this:igglestrophy:....oh yeah...wait...they finally got one within our 23 year drout.

And then Dak is about to sign long term

.............signing off..............................

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Chin up, man. Garrett is returning for another season. How could you not be excited?

1cec3d54e03066b3dc437613b48959d0.gif

links18

Reaction score
Hey, Witten is back. Jerry thought that would shut you up.

John813

Reaction score
This is the new operating setup from the Cowboys. I had some small hope that they could sign ET, but wasn't banking on it.
They will build the team via the draft and acquire depth in weeks 2 and 3 of FA.
We see now they are in year two of long term negotiations with Tank. Curious if this will the next Dez Bryant scenario.

We'll find out how aggressive they are in trying to retain Dak, Cooper and any other meaningful UFA next offseason.
Since, they aren't signing anyone now to protect the core.

Same team with 2 suspensions. I hate the offseason.

So, business as usual.

Pokes12

Reaction score

I dont know if we are good enough to repeat last years record. We are not beating any playoff teams.

One of our worse enemies in the packers who had an off year have also improved. We couldnt even take care of business with them missing in action.

Dak is now missing a safety blanket in Beasley and will be forced to beat teams as cooper will draw triple teams. We all know Dak is not that good.

Tired of this team sometimes. Thinking of this team is tiresome at times, even when I think of them every now and then.

I feel as empty as this:igglestrophy:....oh yeah...wait...they finally got one within our 23 year drout.

We are not the same, we are worse off by the losses of key players like Beasley, Wilson and soon Swaim.

Pokes12

Reaction score
We are not the same, we are worse off by the losses of key players like Beasley, Wilson and soon Swaim.
Oh, and I forgot the suspensions of Irving and Gregory. Now this team is in a much worse place. But we did get Codey and Olawale. LOL!!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The cowboys are a very young team who won a playoff game. They won playing fundamental football.

Young teams who get more offseason, training camps, and time spent together will improve.

Dak and his receivers will be more effective and more capabale of taking over games then they were last year. There is improvement without bringing in more players, and so on

superonyx

Reaction score
This is the nature of the NFL these days.
We will be lucky to be able to pay our young core in the coming years.
We have way to many high talent players and not enough success to show for it.

Dak, Zeke, Tank, B Jones, J Smith, Cooper all look like franchise level contracts.

How can a team have this many franchise players and not win anything meaningful?
Coaching of course.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Other teams got better; we got worse. And now the only thing Cowboys fans have to look forward to is how much money we will dump to keep the same players who got punked in L.A. last season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Slot WR is not a premium position in the NFL. That's why they get paid half of what outside WR get paid.

The Cowboys still have many options at slot WR as well as some already on the team.

Jipper

Reaction score
we are just barely scratching the surface on FA....relax and step back from the ledge

Kaiser

Reaction score

More often than not the big splashy Free Agents don't improve a team, especially when you look at the cap impact.

If you want to look at improvement, look at what Xavier Woods, Jaylon Smith and Awuzie did this year. Because Dorance Armstrong, Taco Charlton and Michael Gallup could easily be the guys already on the roster that provide that kind of impact next year.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
More often than not the big splashy Free Agents don't improve a team, especially when you look at the cap impact.

If you want to look at improvement, look at what Xavier Woods, Jaylon Smith and Awuzie did this year. Because Dorance Armstrong, Taco Charlton and Michael Gallup could easily be the guys already on the roster that provide that kind of impact next year.

Dont get me wrong, I know they improved last year but how do they keep up with the "improvers" this year?

I wouldnt go to the party with the same outfit on twice, while everybody else looks fresh and new ready to show you up.

We are becoming yesterdays news.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are worse than last year. Dak lost his security blanket in Beasley. But at least they get Frederick back.