We are basically the same without change

cavemanct

Reaction score
The cowboys are a very young team who won a playoff game. They won playing fundamental football.

Young teams who get more offseason, training camps, and time spent together will improve.

Dak and his receivers will be more effective and more capabale of taking over games then they were last year. There is improvement without bringing in more players, and so on
Um no. They are going to be the exact same almost good enough team they have been for the last 25 years.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
So how do we chalk this next season up after most have improved?

I dont know if we are good enough to repeat last years record. We are not beating any playoff teams.

One of our worse enemies in the packers who had an off year have also improved. We couldnt even take care of business with them missing in action.

Dak is now missing a safety blanket in Beasley and will be forced to beat teams as cooper will draw triple teams. We all know Dak is not that good.

Defense hasn't improved......so much more going on.

(Just got tired of writing this thread)
Tired of this team sometimes. Thinking of this team is tiresome at times, even when I think of them every now and then.

I feel like a car with no more fuel in the tank for the team.

Yeah:huh:yep

:):starspin::confused:

I feel as empty as this:igglestrophy:....oh yeah...wait...they finally got one within our 23 year drout.

And then Dak is about to sign long term

.............signing off..............................
Hmm..

You are leaving out some importation differences.

Witten returns and this changes some things for Dak.

Sacks will decrease and 1st downs from TE will increase.

Beard returns and that changes everything with running the ball, pass protecting and supporting the Gs up the middle.

Linehan is gone.

Enough said.

These changes amount to a difference of 2-3 games won vs. last season..IMO.

If Lee starts and can stay on the field and keep his hammy together..

the defense will be improved.

We will draft at least 2 DL with our early picks to give Marinelli and Richard the needed rotation for the pass rush.

If we lose Byron Jones..I believe Richard will manage with Brown at CB or they will draft or sign a FA or move somebody we have to CB.

Replacing Beasley's production is the biggest challenge.

But that could come from Austin, easy.

So while splashy moves might sell tickets..

we have a lot of talent to be used correctly that can makeup for deficiencies.

One thing at a time..

The Draft is what is important.

We already have our #1 pick in Amari Cooper.

Getting rid of Irvin and Gregory is addition by subtraction.

I hated what they represented for the image of the team anyway.

We are way ahead, bro.

rags747

Reaction score

I dont know if we are good enough to repeat last years record. We are not beating any playoff teams.

One of our worse enemies in the packers who had an off year have also improved. We couldnt even take care of business with them missing in action.

Dak is now missing a safety blanket in Beasley and will be forced to beat teams as cooper will draw triple teams. We all know Dak is not that good.

Tired of this team sometimes. Thinking of this team is tiresome at times, even when I think of them every now and then.

I feel as empty as this:igglestrophy:....oh yeah...wait...they finally got one within our 23 year drout.

You forgot, we have Witten to the rescue...

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
We have the youngest starting 22 in the NFL......what makes you think that each player won't improve/ get better? A good young roster with consistency/ chemistry will only get better.

Noclaf

Reaction score
H
We have the youngest starting 22 in the NFL......what makes you think that each player won't improve/ get better? A good young roster with consistency/ chemistry will only get better.
And we heard this 10 years ago. blah blah blah, how anyone can give this franchise any credit for anything after 22 years of crap is beyond me

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
H

And we heard this 10 years ago. blah blah blah, how anyone can give this franchise any credit for anything after 22 years of crap is beyond me

Jerry was still spending wildly 10yrs ago......and player evaluation for FAs and draft picks sucked......They've been making smarter decisions lately. 3 playoff appearances the last 5 yrs. This team aint as bad as some of you think..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Frederick, a stronger Williams, and no more Linehan!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Nope not the same we are down a LB and WR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I know they improved last year but how do they keep up with the "improvers" this year?

I wouldnt go to the party with the same outfit on twice, while everybody else looks fresh and new ready to show you up.

We are becoming yesterdays news.
Teams evolve every year churning roster 25-30% on average.

As good as we’d like to think we improved last year we were sitting at 3-4 until the Cooper trade.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The biggest problem I saw when looking at the whole season, is that the cowboys got off to slow starts on offense and they did not do well in the first half. Plus some red zone problems.

The offense went through major change, and they did not play much preseason.

If they score points early the season would have gone smoother. Cooper being here and having an offseason, and gallup with a year under his belt, and Frederick back is a big improvement

blueblood70

Reaction score

I guess we should forfeit then since you know for a fact we can’t win or complete. SMH. yiu don’t know **** bro. Gabe’s have to be played. Paper winners and losers are for fantasy football and madden.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No team is ever the same regardless of the off season. Change is happening even if it’s not apparently to you. Get past this off season bs. We have a core we have 6 months until kick off and somehow we are already tanking and losing. 6 months until the regular season. Think about it. Screw day one FA

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmmmm, if you don’t change, you are the same ...... very deep.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Teams evolve every year churning roster 25-30% on average.

As good as we’d like to think we improved last year we were sitting at 3-4 until the Cooper trade.

It was still last year. We need to start doing a little churning like others.