We are going to sign legitimately good Free Agents

alicetooljam

Reaction score
We were in on Watkins last year.

We appear in on Thomas this.

Its gonna happen this year. We are actually going to sign some good football players in free agency.

I can just feel it. I feel it coursing through my body. Im currently trying to weaponize that feeling into a force lightning type hand maneuver. I plan on using those new powers to blast all sayers or nay into believing.

Its gonna happen guys

Mark it down (《---- now you know its legit)

"Honest offers" only go so far especially when they are likely to have a chunk of money tied up in this "franchise tag" (I believe they get it worked out, but not by 3/13) at the time FA begins....hope youre right, but I wouldnt be holding my breath.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I bet someone pays him 13+. I don’t think he turns down 2-3 million dollars a year just to be a cowboy. He can still stay in the state of Texas and make way more
I think Jones would be willing to that AAV. Especially if the guarenteed is up after 2020

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I bet someone pays him 13+. I don’t think he turns down 2-3 million dollars a year just to be a cowboy. He can still stay in the state of Texas and make way more
Then it wasn’t meant to be...

If he wants to be an Oiler, then I’m sure the injury bug will bite him again...

If he wants to be a Cowboy, then at least he actually cares about his so called favorite team and the honor of the game to some extent...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
the negative of having a great draft class is that they all gotta be resigned/extended the same year... very tough

Hadenough

Reaction score

Its gonna happen this year. We are actually going to sign some good football players in free agency.

I can just feel it. I feel it coursing through my body. Im currently trying to weaponize that feeling into a force lightning type hand maneuver. I plan on using those new powers to blast all sayers or nay into believing.

Its gonna happen guys

I am so glad Dallas didn't land Watkins. He is an over paid bum!
I'm hope your right on landing some decent FAs though.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Its gonna happen guys

I think you just got me hyped.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We drafted Claiborne and signed Carr in 2012. Carr was a Cowboy months before Claiborne
Not saying they knew they whiffed at the time. But not signing Carr would mean you would have bumdrick and jenkins starting opposite mo and at nickel. They had to sign a good DB in FA, what if we didn't get Mo claiborne in the draft?

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Watkins is overpaid garbage that plays on average half the season and is just an above average slot receiver... when he is healthy.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Its gonna happen guys

I thought about this earlier. Maybe you're right. They were "close" to signing Watkins at 16 mil per year. Watkins is younger but nowhere near the caliber of player as ET. And ET addresses a need similar to Watkins last year. Watkins also has an injury history. We'll know soon enough in 2 weeks.

plasticman

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jerry Jones has recently remembered that he is
...well....Jerry Jones.

He is realizing that time is running out on his opportunity to legitimize the perception that he is a true NFL GM.

Woe unto us all, and especially to any ability to preserve future potential.

He will sign high price veterans. He will trade the 2020 first round pick. He will backload important contracts that will impact the salary cap for a decade.

When the Cowboy win a Super Bowl within the next two seasons he will actively promote himself as the architect.

He will do this without realizing what a ring really means:

On avarage, NFL teams go to a Super Bowl once every 16 seasons. They will win one every 32 seasons.

In other words, winning a Super Bowl would simply satisfy the Law of Averages and further enhance his legacy as dedicated to mediocrity.

Neither Stephen not Jason will be able to stop him. This seasons we get the raw uncut Jerry Jones. Enjoy.

John813

Reaction score
So many honest contracts will be offered. Can't wait lol.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If you sign ET or some other good free agents, then you are signing legitimately good free agents

I said one would be it if that. They will not sign multiple good free agents. Now if they lose DLaw, then yeah maybe to go get a few high dollar free agents. I just don’t see them spending money on anyone except ET while they have so many of their own to sign

sideon

Reaction score
You didn’t get Watkins because you refused to offer a competitive contract, and it sounds like you’re trying the same tactics with Earl.
They offered him the same contract as the Chiefs, but Watkins went to KC because he trusted Reid more than Garrett.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They offered him the same contract as the Chiefs, but Watkins went to KC because he trusted Reid more than Garrett.

It’s been reported that simply isn’t the case. You lowballed him, and Jerry said it was an ‘honest offer.’

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Its gonna happen guys

You will get your Andrew Gachkar, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Benson Mayowa, Nate Livings, ands Robert Blanton AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Don't worry, several here will immediately chime in how they are amazing signings.

conner01

Reaction score
No we aren’t. At least not multiple ones. They may sign ET or some other good free agent but that will be it. Too many of their own needing new big money deals. I think it’s 50/50 that they take a big step backwards due to not getting deals done and not replacing those they lose.
My guess is two real players and a few “ hope they can play” guys
But the Dlaw things needs settled quickly one way or the other
Sign him or start shopping him