We are launching a new Cowboys site for Cowboys Fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We are excited to announce the launch of our new Cowboys site .. CowboysFanZone

We created CowboysFanZone to help CowboysZone members get more exposure and promotion for the great threads they create on CowboysZone.

When CowboysZone posts are featured on CowboysFanZone, it will help extend the lifespan of those threads while also allowing us to promote those posts to a lot more people outside of the CowboysZone forum community.

We all know that forums are a great way to socialize with other like-minded people and forum sites with a lot of members like CowboysZone provide a lot of interesting topics to discuss at any time.

However, there are a lot of people that do not have the time or patience to sort through a lot of threads in very active forums to see if something interests them.

This combined with the fact that many threads drop off the front page of active forums after a short period of time prevents a lot of Cowboys fans from seeing some of the great posts made by CowboysZone members.

Our goal is to change that while extending the life of those threads on CowboysZone by featuring them on the CowboysFanZone content site in addition to the CowboysZone forums.

Since content sites can be promoted in many ways that forum sites cannot, this will allow us to find new ways of getting more people reading the posts of CowboysZone members.

We are also hoping that with this new exposure, it will encourage more CowboysZone members to post great threads and some of our longtime members who occasionally post great threads to post more often.

Please visit, bookmark and share CowboysFanZone with all of your Cowboys family and friends and help us make both it and CowboysZone even better!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

We are excited to announce the launch of our new Cowboys site .. CowboysFanZone

We created CowboysFanZone to help CowboysZone members get more exposure and promotion for the great threads they create on CowboysZone.

When CowboysZone posts are featured on CowboysFanZone, it will help extend the lifespan of those threads while also allowing us to promote those posts to a lot more people outside of the CowboysZone forum community.

We all know that forums are a great way to socialize with other like-minded people and forum sites with a lot of members like CowboysZone provide a lot of interesting topics to discuss at any time.

However, there are a lot of people that do not have the time or patience to sort through a lot of threads in very active forums to see if something interests them.

This combined with the fact that many threads drop off the front page of active forums after a short period of time prevents a lot of Cowboys fans from seeing some of the great posts made by CowboysZone members.

Our goal is to change that while extending the life of those threads on CowboysZone by featuring them on the CowboysFanZone content site in addition to the CowboysZone forums.

Since content sites can be promoted in many ways that forum sites cannot, this will allow us to find new ways of getting more people reading the posts of CowboysZone members.

We are also hoping that with this new exposure, it will encourage more CowboysZone members to post great threads and some of our longtime members who occasionally post great threads to post more often.

Please visit, bookmark and share CowboysFanZone with all of your Cowboys family and friends and help us make both it and CowboysZone even better!

Looks cool

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So I guess this is a way to feature "serious" threads instead of the bait threads? Just call it the @Bobhaze Zone ;)

I get the concept but it's a lot of linky loo to just come back to this site. Maybe more thread titles per page would be cool there since you're trying to feature threads that may have gotten lost in the shuffle on later pages here. There's currently only 10-11 per page. But maybe that would impact the serious "newsy" feel. Worth a go and thanks!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I guess this is a way to feature "serious" threads instead of the bait threads? Just call it the @Bobhaze Zone ;)
He does make some great posts! :D

I get the concept but it's a lot of linky loo to just come back to this site. Maybe more thread titles per page would be cool there since you're trying to feature threads that may have gotten lost in the shuffle on later pages here. There's currently only 10-11 per page. But maybe that would impact the serious "newsy" feel. Worth a go and thanks!
For CowboysZone members, I think one area it can help is by providing a way to catch up on good threads when you have been away from the site for a period of time.

Most importantly though, CowboysFanZone was created to reach a lot more Cowboys fans that may not know about CowboysZone or may not have time or want to sort through forums looking for good posts.

Overall, it is meant to add to CowboysZone, not replace elements of it. :D

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting concept! I think the idea of promoting member-created topics is super cool

I'm sure you guys already thought of this, but is there any way to allow comments/engagement on the cowboysfanzone.com member "article" without being directed to the forum topic it's associated with?

Or, even more ideally, is there a way to allow comments on those articles and automatically integrate them into the corresponding CowboyZone forum thread in real-time?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting concept! I think the idea of promoting member-created topics is super cool

I'm sure you guys already thought of this, but is there any way to allow comments/engagement on the cowboysfanzone.com member "article" without being directed to the forum topic it's associated with?

Or, even more ideally, is there a way to allow comments on those articles and automatically integrate them into the corresponding CowboyZone forum thread in real-time?
We really do not want it to take away anything from CZ. Not to mention it would require more moderators or put more work on the existing ones and it really is not worth it when we already have an active community here.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Most importantly though, CowboysFanZone was created to reach a lot more Cowboys fans that may not know about CowboysZone

Got it. That was the piece I was missing. Combining media news and our finer discussions is a good way to draw new people in. Then we've got them in a place where they can check out anytime they like but they can never leave.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got it. That was the piece I was missing. Combining media news and our finer discussions is a good way to draw new people in. Then we've got them in a place where they can check out anytime they like but they can never leave.
Personally, I am also hoping it will lead to some posters spending the time to write good threads knowing they may end up on CowboysFanZone where they will get more and longer recognition.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Personally, I am also hoping it will lead to some posters spending the time to write good threads knowing they may end up on CowboysFanZone where they will get more and longer recognition.

Now you're just asking for the Earth to start spontaneously turning in the opposite direction. You'll have your Bobhaze Zone and like it! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.