We are launching a new Cowboys site for Cowboys Fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

We are excited to announce the launch of our new Cowboys site .. CowboysFanZone

We created CowboysFanZone to help CowboysZone members get more exposure and promotion for the great threads they create on CowboysZone.

When CowboysZone posts are featured on CowboysFanZone, it will help extend the lifespan of those threads while also allowing us to promote those posts to a lot more people outside of the CowboysZone forum community.

We all know that forums are a great way to socialize with other like-minded people and forum sites with a lot of members like CowboysZone provide a lot of interesting topics to discuss at any time.

However, there are a lot of people that do not have the time or patience to sort through a lot of threads in very active forums to see if something interests them.

This combined with the fact that many threads drop off the front page of active forums after a short period of time prevents a lot of Cowboys fans from seeing some of the great posts made by CowboysZone members.

Our goal is to change that while extending the life of those threads on CowboysZone by featuring them on the CowboysFanZone content site in addition to the CowboysZone forums.

Since content sites can be promoted in many ways that forum sites cannot, this will allow us to find new ways of getting more people reading the posts of CowboysZone members.

We are also hoping that with this new exposure, it will encourage more CowboysZone members to post great threads and some of our longtime members who occasionally post great threads to post more often.

Please visit, bookmark and share CowboysFanZone with all of your Cowboys family and friends and help us make both it and CowboysZone even better!
Who decides what threads get moved to the new site?
The Mods, I would guess?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We created CowboysFanZone to help CowboysZone members get more exposure and promotion for the great threads they create on CowboysZone.

When CowboysZone posts are featured on CowboysFanZone, it will help extend the lifespan of those threads while also allowing us to promote those posts to a lot more people outside of the CowboysZone forum community.

We all know that forums are a great way to socialize with other like-minded people and forum sites with a lot of members like CowboysZone provide a lot of interesting topics to discuss at any time.

However, there are a lot of people that do not have the time or patience to sort through a lot of threads in very active forums to see if something interests them.

This combined with the fact that many threads drop off the front page of active forums after a short period of time prevents a lot of Cowboys fans from seeing some of the great posts made by CowboysZone members.

Our goal is to change that while extending the life of those threads on CowboysZone by featuring them on the CowboysFanZone content site in addition to the CowboysZone forums.

Since content sites can be promoted in many ways that forum sites cannot, this will allow us to find new ways of getting more people reading the posts of CowboysZone members.

We are also hoping that with this new exposure, it will encourage more CowboysZone members to post great threads and some of our longtime members who occasionally post great threads to post more often.

Please visit, bookmark and share CowboysFanZone with all of your Cowboys family and friends and help us make both it and CowboysZone even better!
Seems like this would explain the additional mods. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh nice, I just checked it out. People can read the topic before they decide to argue about it! Nicely done!

Mannix

Reaction score
I'll continue enjoying things here with or without any new change. However, I would LOVE to see a seperate Gameday thread with no language restrictions from kickoff to final gun...if I can type exactly what I'm feeling, I can maybe keep from scaring my wife and little dog half to death.

Iago33

Reaction score
I love the idea. We’ve had some good content generators run off to content websites that don’t offer more that we do here. I want to see anything that encourages and rewards strong content.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty impressive concept. Totally get the idea and reasoning behind it. Hoping to see it do well.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

I am still going to call them the Arlington Jonesboys.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So what I'm seeing is popular threads here get mentioned over at the new place with links that redirect back to CZ for discussion. Am I getting this right? I'm not clear what the point of this is when you can simply just come here to see the same threads.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So what I'm seeing is popular threads here get mentioned over at the new place with links that redirect back to CZ for discussion. Am I getting this right? I'm not clear what the point of this is when you can simply just come here to see the same threads.
You're not too busy savvy are you? It's more exposure for this site. As a business man you want about three different web addresses to link back to your main website. Like the bad guy said in Pirates of the Caribbean..."It's just good business."

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. Great job to those involved!!

So I guess this is a way to feature "serious" threads instead of the bait threads? Just call it the @Bobhaze Zone ;)

This is hilarious because he was the first poster I pictured having a lot of threads over on that site.

Looks awesome! Great job! Should start a Youtube and Merch channel.
Not to hi-jack the thread, but not a bad idea. I'd be 100% in on merch. I'd gladly rock a Cowboyszone shirt.:thumbup:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

You're not too busy savvy are you? It's more exposure for this site. As a business man you want about three different web addresses to link back to your main website. Like the bad guy said in Pirates of the Caribbean..."It's just good business."

You're right - I'm not a business person and have no business savvy whatsoever. I have made a career in public safety, not business.

I'm not saying I think this is a bad idea, I'm just admitting I don't understand the business part of it. I will still check it out, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.