Reaction score
Indeed. Especially with a QB who:
1. had one of the easiest schedule in the league
2. has an APE on his shoulder thanks to Foles
3. has never played in the post season
4. has to adapt to new QB coach
5. has to adapt to new Offensive Coordinator
.....you want me to stop? One more.
6. Wentz's rehab, it's "realistic" to believe he'll be good to go for the opener. It's not a given, and no one knows for sure. But having both an ACL & LCL torn is not an easy recovery.

7. lost one of his go-to-guys, Celek

They'll be back in 2070. In
Another 52yrs. From Now!

tenor.gif

They "Are Not Catching"....
Our Cowboys Anytime Soon

@NorthwestDallas40

yet at start of year it was thought to be one of the hardest .... Strength of schedule is a BS lie people like to talk about . You never know what a team will do one year to the next . Do you really think the Giants will be as bad as they were last year ? Besides that ... its really only a 2 game difference from the rest of the division .. so all but 2 games were the same as the Dallas #1 seed. So if it helps you sleep at night , more power to ya .

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The eagles have never had to play with the target that is placed on them after winning a SB........plus there's no idea how Wentz will rebound.......he may come back fine or he may come back like RGIII did........either way he'll be favoring that knee....just a natural instinct after an injury like that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why even play the games against Philly? They are just so much more superior to the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

The Eagle worship going on in the "Cowboy Zone" is fairly sickening.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
yet at start of year it was thought to be one of the hardest .... Strength of schedule is a BS lie people like to talk about . You never know what a team will do one year to the next . Do you really think the Giants will be as bad as they were last year ? Besides that ... its really only a 2 game difference from the rest of the division .. so all but 2 games were the same as the Dallas #1 seed. So if it helps you sleep at night , more power to ya .
The patriots made moves after winning their last Super Bowl and everyone thought they were certain to repeat. The secondary is still average. The rb s are still average. Bennett is past his prime. We're two moves away from passing Philly.
Remember they have yet to beat the combination of Dak and Zeke in a game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This time last season, PHI wasn't catching us. It changes from year to year pretty dramatically in the NFL. And there's a lot to happen yet before our teams are each set. We can very easily catch them if we put the team together right. We could also get worse if we botch things the way we did in FA last season.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
This time last season, PHI wasn't catching us. It changes from year to year pretty dramatically in the NFL. And there's a lot to happen yet before our teams are each set. We can very easily catch them if we put the team together right. We could also get worse if we botch things the way we did in FA last season.
If we secure the left guard spot, and upgrade the we position, we’ll beat Philly.

Let’s not forget, the eagles got a bunch of wins from their defense. They woukdnt have scored against minn if not for that turnover. They would’ve lost to the skins in week one too. What are the odds of them getting clutch turnovers in back to back years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we secure the left guard spot, and upgrade the we position, we’ll beat Philly.

Let’s not forget, the eagles got a bunch of wins from their defense. They woukdnt have scored against minn if not for that turnover. They would’ve lost to the skins in week one too. What are the odds of them getting clutch turnovers in back to back years.

They won it all, so I've got little room to talk, but I did expect them to lose each postseason game they played, and I do think they had quite a bit of luck getting past ATL. I do envy that defense, though. Especially that front. Had we taken Cox instead of Claiborne, we might have won it all in 2014 or 2016 ourselves.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
They won it all, so I've got little room to talk, but I did expect them to lose each postseason game they played, and I do think they had quite a bit of luck getting past ATL. I do envy that defense, though. Especially that front. Had we taken Cox instead of Claiborne, we might have won it all in 2014 or 2016 ourselves.
They won’t do it again. It was a down year. A Rodgers was out. Zeke missed 6 games( he has never lost to Philly).

GreenMean69

Reaction score
They won’t do it again. It was a down year. A Rodgers was out. Zeke missed 6 games( he has never lost to Philly).

You talking about 2 seasons ago .... When Wentz and Doug P both Rookie QB / HC Combo . First game came down to a FG . Zeke did not kill it either game BTW . Zeke is a great RB but he is not unstoppable and he already showed kinda like OBJ you can get into his head. More teams will be getting him to sit on the bench pouting . Unless Dak steps up his game this year . Dak has the skill set he is just raw and need to fine tune his game . If he was smart he would get his butt to Tom House and worry less about commercials

Hadenough

Reaction score
There is nothing this FO can do in the draft that can make up for the ground lost by sitting on their hands in the trade and free agency market. No, free agency is not over. But every top and middle-tier WR and TE are spoken for. Meaning Dak will have the same uninspiring set of WRs and TEs to throw to (plus maybe a green rookie). Meanwhile, on defense, we lost Hitchens and could lose Irving to a team like Indy (who is flush with money and can offer a huge long-term deal). Shaping up to be another hugely disappointing offseason. *Cue the player suspensions*
Even if Dallas were big players in FA they still arent catching Philly because our coaching staff sucks!

Hadenough

Reaction score
People need to understand in this day and age that you can’t have it all. If Colts can pay more to get Irving then they get him. It’ll hurt our Dline but now the new secondary is another year older and hopefully will be getting additional help at S. Your best bet is finding ways to offset defencies. You lose a pass rusher but now the defensive backfield is better in coverage. The TE/WR corps is aging and coming up in expiration so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that whole group get revamped similar to how the secondary was next year.

The team is built around the running game and OLine. That is where the focus will be. Once the offense is humming on all cylinders again the WRs will suddenly look much better. It’s not a coincidence the passing game sucked when the Oline was banged up and the star runner was essentially on a week to week basis.
The other teams that lose a good player in FA are able to coach up his replacement but as we have seen that doesnt work in Dallas!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

That trade up for the next Deion killed us.