We are not catching Philly

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
There is nothing this FO can do in the draft that can make up for the ground lost by sitting on their hands in the trade and free agency market. No, free agency is not over. But every top and middle-tier WR and TE are spoken for. Meaning Dak will have the same uninspiring set of WRs and TEs to throw to (plus maybe a green rookie). Meanwhile, on defense, we lost Hitchens and could lose Irving to a team like Indy (who is flush with money and can offer a huge long-term deal). Shaping up to be another hugely disappointing offseason. *Cue the player suspensions*

The season was already set up to be a disappointment the moment Jerry said Garrett was safe.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's not about catching Philly. The Cowboys need to improve the middle of defense, get better depth at LT and LB, develop a verticle threat in the passing game and knock off the knucklehead behavior. Philly is a damn good team, but a dynasty team.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think our WRs are fine and the problem is Dak, but that's just me.

Yep you're right. Dak must have something about his drop backs that make them run bad routes. He also must sweat too much as those pesky balls are so slick...............

Reaction score
People need to understand in this day and age that you can’t have it all. If Colts can pay more to get Irving then they get him. It’ll hurt our Dline but now the new secondary is another year older and hopefully will be getting additional help at S. Your best bet is finding ways to offset defencies. You lose a pass rusher but now the defensive backfield is better in coverage. The TE/WR corps is aging and coming up in expiration so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that whole group get revamped similar to how the secondary was next year.

The team is built around the running game and OLine. That is where the focus will be. Once the offense is humming on all cylinders again the WRs will suddenly look much better. It’s not a coincidence the passing game sucked when the Oline was banged up and the star runner was essentially on a week to week basis.

If we can't retain our own, and one of the best interior pass rushers in the league, it will make the free agency/trade inaction all that more infuriating. We should have locked Irving up before allowing him to get to the open market. Either that or tender him first round so no one makes an offer. His production at $4M for next year cannot be replaced by any draft pick.

lwehlers

Reaction score
What an embarrassment. Meanwhile, Stephen said free agency "is an area we have to improve." I guess he means that, if we sign no one, it's an improvement over this.
It would be actually. seeing that list is really depressing.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of this FO quite a bit but between Lawrence and Martin your probably looking at close to 28-30 just for this year alone, assuming Martin gets something around 12 million a year. Are you going to pay Hitchens 9 million a year? Or give S. Watkins a 48 million dollar contract like the Chiefs are doing? No way, you just can't. Now if you want to criticize the Cowboys for past mistakes I will pile on and I am with you.

kumizi

Reaction score
Their QB is better.
Their defense is better.
Their head coach is better.
Their GM is better.

Olines and WRs probably about the same.

We do have a better RB yippee.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Nothing but a bunch of slack-jawed *******s around here!