We are not very good, and I'm fading

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say it, but I've got a bad feeling about this season. In year's past, the offense has looked great in the pre-season. This year has been a disgrace. Our defense is great and will help us win more games than we lose, but our offense is mediocre and will prevent us from making it any further than we went last year. The main person I put the blame on is Jason Garrett. After this season, he'll be gone. But then again, Wade'll probably be gone too if we perform as poorly as I anticipate. I'm thinking 9-7, maybe 10-6, and a very unhappy Jerry Jones.

I realize most of the pollyanna folks at Cowboys Zone will chide and heckle me for what I'm saying, but I am so tired of this big numbers, modest success offense. It has no heart, no gusto - no Troy or Emmitt or Michael or Big E or Big Larry. It's got sweetness and style, but puts fear in nobody.

Give me the old days when it was 3rd and 2 and everybody in the stadium knew Emmitt was getting the ball, but it didn't matter. Give me 3rd and 8 when everybody in America knew it was going to be slant to Michael, but it didn't matter.

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire 48 year old life. I stuck with the Cowboys when Jerry fired Tom Landry and many people jumped ship. But I am so tired of this team, year after year of no playoff success. I'm tired of celebrity athletes who haven't earned the right to be called one of the great Cowboys, but don't seem driven to keep getting better.

Maybe Dez Bryant and Sean Lee will breathe new fire into the team, but I don't really think so. Like the U.S. government, I believe the problem is systemic. Something is missing in the culture of the entire Dallas Cowboys organization. I'm not necessarily blaming Jerry, because I like owners who are passionate about winning. But I'm fading as a fan, and might soon fade away unless something signficant changes.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
cuban2.gif

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
It....Is....Pre...Season.

Say that over and over in your head please. The lions went 4-0 in pre-season and then went 0-16.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Yeah, we might suck this year, but I'll never "fade as a fan". What the hell is that?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If a 2-1 record in preseason and a 2 point win w/o 3 starters can get you off the bandwagon you were never on it to being with.

We upgraded at LT and safety and had an immediate-impact draft. Im sorry but this is a 13 year olds reaction you are having right now

Outtayourleague

Reaction score
Muhast;3508237 said:

Say that over and over in your head please. The lions went 4-0 in pre-season and then went 0-16.

Agreed. I understand what he is saying but it is just preseason. Once the season starts then we can start worrying about stuff like that. But for now just watch the individual players and see who stands out

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:
I'm sorry to say it, but I've got a bad feeling about this season. In year's past, the offense has looked great in the pre-season. This year has been a disgrace. Our defense is great and will help us win more games than we lose, but our offense is mediocre and will prevent us from making it any further than we went last year. The main person I put the blame on is Jason Garrett. After this season, he'll be gone. But then again, Wade'll probably be gone too if we perform as poorly as I anticipate. I'm thinking 9-7, maybe 10-6, and a very unhappy Jerry Jones.

I realize most of the pollyanna folks at Cowboys Zone will chide and heckle me for what I'm saying, but I am so tired of this big numbers, modest success offense. It has no heart, no gusto - no Troy or Emmitt or Michael or Big E or Big Larry. It's got sweetness and style, but puts fear in nobody.

Give me the old days when it was 3rd and 2 and everybody in the stadium knew Emmitt was getting the ball, but it didn't matter. Give me 3rd and 8 when everybody in America knew it was going to be slant to Michael, but it didn't matter.

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire 48 year old life. I stuck with the Cowboys when Jerry fired Tom Landry and many people jumped ship. But I am so tired of this team, year after year of no playoff success. I'm tired of celebrity athletes who haven't earned the right to be called one of the great Cowboys, but don't seem driven to keep getting better.

Maybe Dez Bryant and Sean Lee will breathe new fire into the team, but I don't really think so. Like the U.S. government, I believe the problem is systemic. Something is missing in the culture of the entire Dallas Cowboys organization. I'm not necessarily blaming Jerry, because I like owners who are passionate about winning. But I'm fading as a fan, and might soon fade away unless something signficant changes.

I can't decide.

This one:

http://i949.***BLOCKED***/albums/ad336/SaltwaterServr/okay.gif

or this one?

http://i949.***BLOCKED***/albums/ad336/SaltwaterServr/whiny.gif

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3508249 said:
I can't decide.

This one:

or this one?

http://i949.***BLOCKED***/albums/ad336/SaltwaterServr/whiny.gif

I like whatever folder you keep these in

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
what really sucks is these kinds of fans get to enjoy the super bowl victory when the cowboys win it this year.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

these guys agree..........

http://i102.***BLOCKED***/albums/m109/dadymat/They_see_me_rollin.gif

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3508276 said:
Just FYI. They sell rope and gas ovens at Home Depot. (Make sure it's gas)

In his case electric on broil might be the better way to go.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Muhast;3508237 said:

:hammer:

You the man Muhast.

btw, *** is your name? ....and your woman is fiiiine. Do work son. :)