We are not very good, and I'm fading

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Keith Vetter;3508420 said:
I have heard Koiser may not be back until after the bye week
Hey Keith, where the hell have you been hiding?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
As a true fan how does one respond to such negativity especially in preseason? Dude it will get better, much better. I say our schedule is gonna be tough this year and if you are "fading" now you ain't gonna last very long when the games count.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Maybe you guys should all think about moments in your Cowboys fandom when you were at your wits end, but internalized all of it and never told anyone. Maybe this guy is at that point and just chose to speak about it. Maybe it was bad timing, but at least be honest with yourselves before you come down on someone else.

DavidS

Reaction score
tupperware;3508457 said:
Maybe you guys should all think about moments in your Cowboys fandom when you were at your wits end, but internalized all of it and never told anyone. Maybe this guy is at that point and just chose to speak about it. Maybe it was bad timing, but at least be honest with yourselves before you come down on someone else.

Hippie

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
It's whatever you want to call it.

A better word for some of the people in this thread would be hypocritical.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
tupperware;3508462 said:

Those points didn't come halfway through the preseason the year after we won a playoff game with a dependable franchise QB.

Sickwitit

Reaction score
Never have I thought or said anything that would even come close to assuming that I would not be a cowboys fan, to me the Cowboys are football and there's no way around it period.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
We beat the Chargers so if we suck, I wonder how bad they are.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I think all of you are a little too reactive toward negative posts. It's called whistling in the dark.

I challenge any of you to name a current offensive player whose name deserves to be uttered in the same sentence with Troy, Emmitt, Michael, Big E, and Big Larry. Maybe Jason Witten. Maybe. But there's only so much a TE can do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tupperware;3508462 said:

Don't be so hard on yourself, let us be hard on you.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Awakened;3508474 said:
I think all of you are a little too reactive toward negative posts. It's called whistling in the dark.

I challenge any of you to name a current offensive player whose name deserves to be uttered in the same sentence with Troy, Emmitt, Michael, Big E, and Big Larry. Maybe Jason Witten. Maybe. But there's only so much a TE can do.
Stop watching the games then and start watching reruns of old games. You old timers stuck in the past are the worst types of Cowboys fans.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Awakened;3508474 said:

My response has nothing to do with your negativity. I have that in buckets at times.

Fade away. Don't make a threat. Do it. Those are your words. So don't celebrate with us if we are a good team, and really don't do it if we are a great team. Fade away.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Awakened;3508474 said:
There's no maybe when it comes to Witten. He's well on his way to being one of the Top 5 all-time TE's. No maybe where Ware is concerned either. After that, you've got half-a-dozen to a dozen maybe's and maybe not's, so just enjoy as we find out which.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3508328 said:
http://i949.***BLOCKED***/albums/ad336/SaltwaterServr/Gem_plantkick.gif

:laugh2:

I have a comment on the OP... I'm with you in not loving Garrett's offense. Maybe that's exacerbated by seeing it versus Norv's offense, because Norv is the best OC in the NFL in my opinion. He knows exactly what he wants his system to do, and he has a great feel for calling the right play at the right time. It looks so simple, yet it just works.

But that said, it is just preseason, so you can't ever get too worked up one way or another. Remember, we have Dez, and by all accounts -- and I mean all accounts -- he's an incredible player.

But one thing you said about the coaches getting fired for a 10-6 season... I think a lot of fans think that should happen, and I think it's ridiculous. We've been incredibly spoiled the last few years with all the wins we've piled up. You routinely see the 9-7 season when Tony was out for several games called a "disaster". Even Andy Reid, who is an excellent coach, went 6-10 a few years ago. It happens in the NFL, especially when injuries hit. And yes, it could happen to us at any time -- maybe even this year.

Anyway... I have a sure-fire way to make yourself feel better: Turn on NFLN and watch Mike Patrick and Theesman call the Skins preseason game. Episodes of The Office aren't this funny.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Venger;3508485 said:
Boy you guys DO love to eat your own around here...
You're damned right. Especially when one of our own calls the rest of us names like Pollyanna. He can take that crap and shove it where the sun don't shine so his head has company.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Awakened;3508474 said:

Jason Witten definitely.

DeMarcus Ware may be the greatest defensive player the Cowboys have ever had when it's all said and done, but if not, he is Top 5 very easily.

Insert Romo into the 90s offense and I think they still win three super bowls. It would be very different, and Romo is not as talented as Troy, but I think they still win.

Go ahead and fade away. It's a shame you've spent your 48 years pretending you love a team. You'd probably be happier as a bandwagoner. There are 31 other teams out there. Take your pick.

Don't let us see you around here when we're winning in the playoffs.