We are so RIDICULOUSLY awesome

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Real1st;2264350 said:
I get bad vibes from you :lmao:
Well clearly, I only I have one thing left to say to you.

cnjkvvdvlrdvl;fdvmfdlsfdl;fndeki.

That is all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Real1st;2264369 said:
No hate here.

Just the truth.

We had games like this last year. It didn't win us a super bowl. We showed we can get through adversity but the penalties. These guys got to clean it up. Undisciplined football will kill this team in the playoffs.

Be realistic now.
Post #33 of this thread.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Real1st;2264369 said:
No hate here.

Just the truth.

We had games like this last year. It didn't win us a super bowl. We showed we can get through adversity but the penalties. These guys got to clean it up. Undisciplined football will kill this team in the playoffs.

Be realistic now.

You will not find anyone as fair or critical as I am.

Adam is right except I don't agree we can't win a SB. But we are going about it the hard way. And we won't get away with that everytime we do it. That's his point. And mine.

But I also see something good in this team. That wasn't last years' Bills out there last nite. That was a very, very good team that will fight to the finish with us for the number one seed. And who we may very well see in the playoffs. We're likely to see one or more East opponents in the playoffs.

The way they overcame last nite was awesome. So Superpunk is right as well.

I'm not going to wallow in pain over this victory. I'm going to revel in it and then I'll put it away and address the problems. Just like every single week in the NFL is.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Real1st;2264389 said:
read my post below
Luckily last year was last year.

and the Giants had games like this last year, and much worse.

Point being, we have as good a shot as anybody in this league after two weeks.

superpunk

Reaction score
We overcame adversity like this before, and didn't win in the playoffs.

We also overcame adversity like this before, and won super bowls.

I am going to focus on the first set though. Then, I'm going to make a ******** leap in logic that says "because we overcame adversity and lost last year, we will overcome adversity and lose this year."

Consequently, please disregard anything I say from now until the Cowboys prove me wrong in the playoffs, because nothing I say is worth anything. However I will continue to say it anyway, insisting that "I'm just being real and spitting troof, yo."

Thank you all for your time. See you in February when I'm coherent.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
superpunk;2264405 said:

I am going to focus on the first set though. Then, I'm going to make a ******** leap in logic that says "because we overcame adversity and lost last year, we will overcome adversity and lose this year."

Consequently, please disregard anything I say from now until the Cowboys prove me wrong in the playoffs, because nothing I say is worth anything. However I will continue to say it anyway, insisting that "I'm just being real and spitting troof, yo."

Flawless logic.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2264377 said:
Its a lose lose man.

Some of these guys will never get it.

That's no newsflash.

Wanna impress me? Then win the game 13-7, not 41-37. We already knew we had a great offense; we thought we had a vastly improved, shutdown defense.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
superpunk;2264405 said:

I agreed with you. We were awesome last night. It was the Thrilla in Manilla all over again. A slugfest between two great teams.

superpunk

Reaction score
bbgun;2264417 said:
That's no newsflash.

Wanna impress me? Then win the game 13-7, not 41-37. We already knew we had a great offense; we thought we had a vastly improved, shutdown defense.

bbgun's reaction after a 13-7 win;

"This offense has alot to prove. Putting up 13 points at home, when your defense holds the opposition to 7? We already knew this defense was really talented - now these overpaid hacks on offense need be dominant like they're getting paid to be."

Troof, yo.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
bbgun;2264417 said:
That's no newsflash.

Then people would be on here claiming that Romo is overrated.

We'd bring up something similar to what you just said and would be slammed with some snide comment about muttering "all is well" to ourselves.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
We already knew we had a great offense; we thought we had a vastly improved, shutdown defense.

IDK

We gave up 30, 23 If they caught Deseans hiarious fumble, 16 if not for the most hilarious PI call ever. But I will settle on 23 B/C Deseans play was unforced

Was the secondary shaky? Obviously. Am I worried what Greg Gennings will do when the Eagles WR's were wide open all night, yea. But were also just getting Newman back and working Pac into the mix

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
superpunk;2264405 said:

So then what is your point about adversity?

The adversity in the regular season and in the playoffs take a whole different meaning and level.

The pressure of adversity is far greater than in the regular season.

And the boys couldn't overcome it last season in the playoffs.

Hopefully they will come through this year

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Real1st;2264449 said:

The adversity in the regular season and in the playoffs take a whole different meaning and level.

I'd say it's evident that because we were not successful in last year, it does not mean we will not be successful this year in the postseason.

superpunk

Reaction score
Real1st;2264449 said:

my point, and I think you've captured it pretty well in your post, is that nobody should be happy about anything that happens in the regular season, because it is apparently meaningless.

In fact, I'm starting a petition to shut the forums down from now until February, just so we can allow the "realness" of the situation to set in, and not get carried away with a fantastic win against a very good team in September. Because if we allowed that to happen, who knows what might go down. :eek:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2264426 said:
bbgun's reaction after a 13-7 win;

"This offense has alot to prove. Putting up 13 points at home, when your defense holds the opposition to 7? We already knew this defense was really talented - now these overpaid hacks on offense need be dominant like they're getting paid to be."

Troof, yo.

This from a pale imitator of Leotis Brown. I'll continue to evaluate them as they really are, not as I hope them to be. And you'll continue to do .. whatever it is you do around here.

Reaction score
Didn't last years Super Bowl champs give up a combined 80 points in their first two games along with penalty filled sloppy games? But the Cowboys suck i guess

MrMom

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2264448 said:
We already knew we had a great offense; we thought we had a vastly improved, shutdown defense.

IDK

We gave up 30, 23 If they caught Deseans hiarious fumble, 16 if not for the most hilarious PI call ever. But I will settle on 23 B/C Deseans play was unforced

Was the secondary shaky? Obviously. Am I worried what Greg Gennings will do when the Eagles WR's were wide open all night, yea. But were also just getting Newman back and working Pac into the mix

That's not entirely true. That was a first down play. We don't know how the rest of the drive would've played out. They were already in field goal range.

superpunk

Reaction score
bbgun;2264472 said:
This from a pale imitator of Leotis Brown. I'll continue to evaluate them as they really are, not as I hope them to be. And you'll continue to do .. whatever it is you do around here.
Gay orgies, obv.

Clearly I nailed your possible reaction.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
superpunk;2264470 said:
my point, and I think you've captured it pretty well in your post, is that nobody should be happy about anything that happens in the regular season, because it is apparently meaningless.

In fact, I'm starting a petition to shut the forums down from now until February, just so we can allow the "realness" of the situation to set in, and not get carried away with a fantastic win against a very good team in September. Because if we allowed that to happen, who knows what might go down. :eek:

Nonsense. The win is fine. They played a good team at home and came out with the victory.

Its all good. But the point is what will they do in the road ahead when they hit bumps? Are they ready? That question remains to be answered

superpunk

Reaction score
Real1st;2264485 said:
Nonsense. The win is fine. They played a good team at home and came out with the victory.

Its all good. But the point is what will they do in the road ahead when they hit bumps? Are they ready? That question remains to be answered
Then let's shut this place down. I'm with you, bro.