We are so RIDICULOUSLY awesome

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
peplaw06;2264820 said:
Good thing we got 14 more games this season... maybe that can happen. Or maybe we should be at our best in Week 2.
I'd rather peak in Week 2. Makes the "December collapse" threads more fun.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
superpunk;2263523 said:
No, I'm not joking. The more I look at this game, the more I think, "Wow. This is an outrageously talented team."

But superpunk! We allowed 30 points on defense! That's horrible!

It wasn't good.

But think about what we overcame.

Boneheaded mistakes in the first half leading to 14 points for Philly in a matter of seconds. Horrid officiating that went almost completely against us except for a couple missed facemasks. A blown call on a turnover by Jackson that SHOULD have been our ball, instead the Eagles got another TD. Boneheaded penalties and a huge disparity in yardage given up by penalties.

All that, and we STILL won the game.

And it's not like we STILL won the game against a team like the Rams, or the Bengals. We GAVE all of that to one of the best teams in the league, and STILL beat them.

We are so RIDICULOUSLY awesome.

you could say 23 points...our offense pretty much handed them 7points with that int return so close to scoring and another 7 points from romos goof up..

superpunk

Reaction score
DALLAS D;2264847 said:
you could say 23 points...our offense pretty much handed them 7points with that int return so close to scoring and another 7 points from romos goof up..
You're right, of course. I was trying to stay on the conservative side, but who am I kidding?

We freaking murdered 'em.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I still can't comprehend the level of awesomness we've attained.

Its pretty sweet.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
peplaw06;2264820 said:
Good thing we got 14 more games this season... maybe that can happen. Or maybe we should be at our best in Week 2.

Just because we have 14 games left doesn't mean this team will necessarily improve. They can but will they?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2264908 said:
Just because we have 14 games left doesn't mean this team will necessarily improve. They can but will they?

BEcause they sure as hell didn't improve last year when the excuse were the cushions are because of Jacquee Reeves....

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
windward;2264838 said:
I'd rather peak in Week 2. Makes the "December collapse" threads more fun.

us peaking wasn't the problem last year.

The defense showed up in last year in the playoffs

The offensive line and the dumb penalties totally cost us that game

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Real1st;2264908 said:
I didn't say that we will necessarily improve. Do you really think that this is as good as this team will be though?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
peplaw06;2264957 said:
I didn't say that we will necessarily improve. Do you really think that this is as good as this team will be though?

No but like i said.

Will they get better?

The question remains.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
That's not entirely true. That was a first down play. We don't know how the rest of the drive would've played out. They were already in field goal range.

Well if you factor in that it should of been offensive, then that pushes them back, so there

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Real1st;2264964 said:
No but like i said.

Will they get better?

The question remains.
You're avoiding my question by restating it... My question is do you think they have peaked aka... do you think they will get better?

Or is your position that we're as good as we're gonna be in Week 2?

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2263523 said:
No, I'm not joking. The more I look at this game, the more I think, "Wow. This is an outrageously talented team."

But superpunk! We allowed 30 points on defense! That's horrible!

It wasn't good.

But think about what we overcame.

Boneheaded mistakes in the first half leading to 14 points for Philly in a matter of seconds. Horrid officiating that went almost completely against us except for a couple missed facemasks. A blown call on a turnover by Jackson that SHOULD have been our ball, instead the Eagles got another TD. Boneheaded penalties and a huge disparity in yardage given up by penalties.

All that, and we STILL won the game.

And it's not like we STILL won the game against a team like the Rams, or the Bengals. We GAVE all of that to one of the best teams in the league, and STILL beat them.

We are so RIDICULOUSLY awesome.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
peplaw06;2265090 said:
You're avoiding my question by restating it... My question is do you think they have peaked aka... do you think they will get better?

Or is your position that we're as good as we're gonna be in Week 2?

Umm do you read?

I said we can get better. But just because we say they can get better doesn't mean that this team will get better. This is a long season. They can absolutely get better. But like i said it remains to be seen.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Real1st;2263893 said:
Why must you act like that any one who disagrees with you is inferior? I don't get it. You try to be funny but you really aren't

I don't think SP is saying you are inferior.. I think, however,that he is saying that you are being ridiculously superior.

It's ultimately a game, sports, entertainment. While our team didn't in fact play flawless football by any standard. It was still a freaking hell of a game.

It was awesome.

We are awesome.

Embrace it.

Enjoy it.

Because, if we had lost yesterday, there wouldn't be a thing to embrace or enjoy now would there?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Real1st;2265098 said:
Umm do you read?
You're the last person who needs to be asking that question. Let's take a look at your comprehension skills...

First I said...
peplaw06;2264957 said:
Then you responded.
Real1st;2264964 said:
No but like i said.

Will they get better?

The question remains.
So I ask you if you think this team has peaked, and you say no... Then you say, but "will they get better?" You've already said they will get better. And that's after I already said that I can't say we WILL necessarily improve. So again, you were just repeating your question. Good substantive talk here buddy.

Real1st;2265098 said:
I said we can get better. But just because we say they can get better doesn't mean that this team will get better. This is a long season. They can absolutely get better. But like i said it remains to be seen.
Well hooooo-ray for captain obvious... We don't know the future. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's much more Real1stic to believe that we're as good as we're gonna get in Week 2.

Captain Obvious has delusions that he is a Jedi.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2264060 said:
You think I'm being sarcastic? I'm dead serious. If we don't fix these problems on our offense, it's going to kill us.

What happened last year in the playoffs? No running game when it counted. No pass protection when it counted. No big plays when it counted. Just the usual sloppy garbage -- penalties, a game-losing turnover, three points in the whole second half and the biggest choking loss in franchise history.

Were you happy with that? And what has changed this year? We get the same stupid penalties, the same lack of a running game, the same sloppy turnovers, and the same overthrows in the clutch by fumblefingers Romo.

Thank goodness Nick Folk bailed out the offense twice last night, or we'd be in last place in the division right now.

Forgive me Adam, but isn't that ultimately the goal of having a fieldgoal kicker? To bail out the offense when their drives stall?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
You asked me if i thought this is as good as this team will get.

And i replied No.

You keep on asking me "Will they get better" "Will they get better" And i answered the same way i did before. But yet you still kept asking me the question.
If you ask me that have they peaked yet. And i say No. What does that mean genius? Are you really that dumb?:lmao2:

Really you proved nothing. Which is hilarious because you think that you did.

And as far as a Jedi its a damn Rap group.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
stealth;2264920 said:
Dare I say we are more awash with awesomenicity than Chuck Norris?

Be careful, you are wielding great power when making such a statement.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I love the fact that there's more infighting after a win than a loss. It shows that we're paying attention and won't settle for anything but the best.