We are the only fan base that could blame the QB for this performance?

DezTroy97

Reaction score
that could have our QB complete 66 percent of his passes (with how many drops), throw for 374 yards, and three touchdowns on the road against the best team in the NFL...

And still assign him the most blame at the end of it.

I may leave this site because it's clear either half of you all are trolling, or Dak wronged you by not taking a picture or signing an autograph for your son. This is beyond ridiculous. It's why no one takes us seriously as a fan base.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
that could have our QB complete 66 percent of his passes (with how many drops), throw for 374 yards, and three touchdowns on the road against the best team in the NFL...

I may leave this site because it's clear either half of you all are trolling, or Dak wronged you by not taking a picture or signing an autograph for your son. This is beyond ridiculous. It's why no one takes us seriously as a fan base.
the sacks coming from Steele side was his fault, according to some. he should have anticipated those and changed the play that was called in by the coaches. he should have over ridden the coaches decision on almost every play. that's his fault

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Sure, Dak should've stayed in bounds on the two-point conversion. He could've also thrown it into the end zone on the final play instead of three yards short.

And Steele could've protected better, the refs could've not made bone-headed calls, the receivers could've caught passes, Mike McCarthy could've had more urgency, the list goes on and on.

Tua threw for just 216 yards in this same building two weeks ago. No one assigned total blame to him that night. This is just beyond ridiculous. What are we doing here?

DezTroy97

Reaction score
the sacks coming from Steele side was his fault, according to some. he should have anticipated those and changed the play that was called in by the coaches. he should have over ridden the coaches decision on almost every play. that's his fault
I've seen those posts and laughed. They have to be Beagles, Commanders, or Giants fans.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
We are also the only fanbase who complains that its the refs fault for EVERY L.

I Think Dak played great, but he can't step out on the 2 pt conversion he has to play to win not play to not get hurt.
Seriously, how can you watch the first play of the second video and think he's playing not to get hurt? Did you watch the game?

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

No, have to say this is not on Dak here, sure a few plays would love to have back but ask yourself, where are the Horsemen? Even they have been silent for their standards. Lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak played well. As I've said on a thread that I started, he wasn't perfect, but he played well enough to win. Gallup's unreliability, Steele's poor blocking effort, and a few unlucky moments (including two Eagles fumbles that our defence couldn't recover) were the difference. I feel encouraged by the game because we were right there on the road against Philly. I think we will beat them when we play them at home.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
No, have to say this is not on Dak here, sure a few plays would love to have back but ask yourself, where are the Horsemen? Even they have been silent for their standards. Lol
Exactly. And I blame Dak for what happened in San Francisco twice this year. I also blame him for our loss to Arizona. He's not immune to criticism. But when Gallup is dropping a crucial third-down ball, the penalties are flying, the o-line is not living up to its reputation... it's hard for any QB to overcome those obstacles.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Dak played well. As I've said on a thread that I started, he wasn't perfect, but he played well enough to win. Gallup's unreliability, Steele's poor blocking effort, and a few unlucky moments (including two Eagles fumbles that our defence couldn't recover) were the difference. I feel encouraged by the game because we were right there on the road against Philly. I think we will beat them when we play them at home.
Bingo.

If anyone thinks the sky is falling, leave the fan base. We are a better team than Philadelphia. Where they have the edge over us -- and it's a massive one -- is the clutch gene. Just have to close out games better, but this season is not over. All of our goals are still in front of us.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In my opinion Prescott the last three games it's probably the best three games in a row he's playing a while trying to overcome the offensive line the lack of a run game the defense giving up a lot of points some of the lack of creativity and execution by players and coaches he literally is doing just about everything he can he is not flawless but the man has played great three straight games which means he took the momentum from the other two games and he played one of his best games this season with a porous offensive line guys dropping footballs no strong run game and bad defense guys can we not talk about the boom or bust defense they either give up big plays or they give us big plays when they're not turning the ball over they just allow far too many long scoring drives..

bottleKids

Reaction score
Seriously, how can you watch the first play of the second video and think he's playing not to get hurt? Did you watch the game?

Yeah you are right I didn't watch, and either did most of the media calling out his awareness on that play. Yep you are right.

Listen he played great, probably one of his best games this season against a top team (record wise at least), but there are still things that hurt at the end.

It is amazing to me when the team wins its Dak, when we lose its everyone else. Maybe you should follow through with your threat. Welcome to the United States where free speech is a critical part of our makeup, even when concerning Thad's brother.

bottleKids

Reaction score
In my opinion Prescott the last three games it's probably the best three games in a row he's playing a while trying to overcome the offensive line the lack of a run game the defense giving up a lot of points some of the lack of creativity and execution by players and coaches he literally is doing just about everything he can he is not flawless but the man has played great three straight games which means he took the momentum from the other two games and he played one of his best games this season with a porous offensive line guys dropping footballs no strong run game and bad defense guys can we not talk about the boom or bust defense they either give up big plays or they give us big plays when they're not turning the ball over they just allow far too many long scoring drives..
Agree with everything you said here. We are the better team, and I love what I am seeing out of Dak the last few weeks, what the difference was this time was the small things cost us. Next time maybe they don't, and we will should beat them in our house 100%.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Well said. He's really entering his Tony Romo era of carrying a team and putting them on his back. The lack of a run game and an offensive line that is not elite would've killed him in the past. He's been phenomenal the past few weeks.

John813

Reaction score
Not that I agree with it, but it's year 8 of the Prescott era. Some are just so set in their beliefs that any negative play they can do some mental gymnastics to blame a player they don't like.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Yeah you are right I didn't watch, and either did most of the media calling out his awareness on that play. Yep you are right.

Listen he played great, probably one of his best games this season against a top team (record wise at least), but there are still things that hurt at the end.

It is amazing to me when the team wins its Dak, when we lose its everyone else. Maybe you should follow through with your threat. Welcome to the United States where free speech is a critical part of our makeup, even when concerning Thad's brother.
I am disagreeing with your conclusion that he is playing not to get hurt. That's obviously not the case.

So what you're saying is you wanted him to play a perfect game, correct? Well, if you're expecting perfection, you'll always receive disappointment. Keep doing that.

Those people aren't me. Dak isn't the reason we beat the Rams, the Giants, the Jets, or the Patriots. He is the reason we beat the Chargers and could've beat the Eagles. I'm not a Dak fan boy, but the response following yesterday's game is laughable.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I am disagreeing with your conclusion that he is playing not to get hurt. That's obviously not the case.

So what you're saying is you wanted him to play a perfect game, correct? Well, if you're expecting perfection, you'll always receive disappointment. Keep doing that.

Those people aren't me. Dak isn't the reason we beat the Rams, the Giants, the Jets, or the Patriots. He is the reason we beat the Chargers and could've beat the Eagles. I'm not a Dak fan boy, but the response following yesterday's game is laughable.
Fair - maybe I was too strong on the play not to get hurt. I am a man and can walk it back 100% and eat crow. Like most of us I get frustrated when we lose big games...

As I stated Dak played well and good enough to win, just the small things cost us. That is not all on him.... Steele was awful yesterday, and Gallop had a few big drops.

I really felt we were gifted a second change but Sirani's stupid play calling, and I thought we were stealing that W on the road.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Exactly somehow Prescott is held to a different standard than any other player in any sport ever you're not allowed to make a single mistake or you get all the blame even though you've overcome just about every obstacle you can and the deficiencies of the team.. The last three games Prescott is the reason we beat the chargers the Rams and could have beat the Eagles you saying he's not the reason we beat the Rams are you kidding me he played a great game he played as well as he can under the pressure that he was under so yeah he was the reason we won the Rams game and he was the reason we didn't lose those other games you realize we could look at it that way as well..

It took a while for the head coach and play caller to realize this conservative play calling that they had the first four weeks of the year because they thought they were gonna have one of the best defenses in the league we're very wrong it was misplaced we do not have a top five defense in this league we have a boomer bust top ten defense which allows big plays and they give us big plays but they are not stout they are not stopping teams when necessary I mean they're giving up scores every single first drive of every game and they've now started giving up scores in every first drive coming out of halftime you can't blame anybody but them for that because they can't say they're tired I mean those are the times of the game when you're the least tired..

Prescott and the offense is not putting this defense in harm's way when are they fumbling or throwing a bunch of interceptions and all this kind of crap that they say keep the defense on the field too long they are literally way underachieving on defense right now and that's why we lost that game last night that's why we lost the Arizona game and that's why we couldn't keep up with San Francisco someone needs to look at the defense they either give up big plays or they get some it's called boom or bust this is starting to look like marinelli's defenses

if they turn the ball over great they look great they keep the team from scoring on those drives but the rest of the drives they're basically are being walked down the field giving up so much time of possession and giving up easy scores both on the ground and in the air there is no other area I would look at that Defense that's 60% of our issues, the other 25% offensive line, lack of a run game and 15% is penalty's and execution by all..

Seriously if you really wanna find a single phase of our team in the three losses it is the defense #1 we could start there.. They are not who we thought they were....

SwagSurfer

Reaction score

Cowboys went for long developing routes(going for the TD) on that crucial sack. We asked Steele, who had been struggling all game to give his QB time and he failed. Where was Dak supposed to go with the ball there?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bingo.

If anyone thinks the sky is falling, leave the fan base. We are a better team than Philadelphia. Where they have the edge over us -- and it's a massive one -- is the clutch gene. Just have to close out games better, but this season is not over. All of our goals are still in front of us.
:hammer: :thumbup: