We are the only fan base that could blame the QB for this performance?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that could have our QB complete 66 percent of his passes (with how many drops), throw for 374 yards, and three touchdowns on the road against the best team in the NFL...

And still assign him the most blame at the end of it.

I may leave this site because it's clear either half of you all are trolling, or Dak wronged you by not taking a picture or signing an autograph for your son. This is beyond ridiculous. It's why no one takes us seriously as a fan base.
No, we're not the only fanbase that does that. Fans tend to blame the best players on the team for everything. Philadelphia in particular is notorious for this.

The RT can't pass-protect? The WRs can't get open? There's no running game? Well, blame the QB for not overcoming all of that and carrying the team on his back to a victory.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Bingo.

If anyone thinks the sky is falling, leave the fan base. We are a better team than Philadelphia. Where they have the edge over us -- and it's a massive one -- is the clutch gene. Just have to close out games better, but this season is not over. All of our goals are still in front of us.
The Cowboys are 2 games over 500 and the Eagles are 7 games over 500. Which team is better?

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Dak played well.
But he did missed couple of crucial pass plays he could have made that could have have won the game.
If Dak made those crucial pass plays, he would've played a perfect game, correct?

So, is the expectation from him perfection, then?

DezTroy97

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 2 games over 500 and the Eagles are 7 games over 500. Which team is better?
Not sure if you know this, but if we win our next five — Giants (home), Panthers (road), Commanders (home) and Seahawks (home), Philly (home) — and Philly loses at the Chiefs or home against Bills/49ers, we're tied record-wise.

So, continue to think the sky is falling.

CWR

Reaction score
that could have our QB complete 66 percent of his passes (with how many drops), throw for 374 yards, and three touchdowns on the road against the best team in the NFL...

I may leave this site because it's clear either half of you all are trolling, or Dak wronged you by not taking a picture or signing an autograph for your son. This is beyond ridiculous. It's why no one takes us seriously as a fan base.

Yeah man, they are idiots. There's no logical way to blame the qb for that loss. We have a ton of trolls and morons on this board.

GINeric

Reaction score

You have to understand who you're dealing with. The only people who would blame Dak after that performance is....

1. The people who didn't watch the game.

2. The very dumb, low IQ fans who don't know a damn thing about football past playing Madden.

3. The low IQ cowards who pose as fans but are really trolls from other fanbases.

Don't let these losers who lack intelligence get under your skin. Half of them are losers in life, broke and living in a relative's basement, and/or a weak cowards whose been bullied most of their life.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Cowboys went for long developing routes(going for the TD) on that crucial sack. We asked Steele, who had been struggling all game to give his QB time and he failed. Where was Dak supposed to go with the ball there?

Probably should have stepped up to his right.

If Ceedee is able to catch that last pass in stride and not come back for it, he walks into the end zone.

Everyone is responsible for a win, and everyone is responsible for a loss.
So, everyone gets blame for this, including Dak.

However, I wouldn't really expect more from a QB than what we got last night. Generally speaking, that was a pretty good game from the QB perspective. I'll take it if I can get it the rest of the way.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It is par for the course. They are worse then the media with the agendas.

Dak threw the ball 44 times yesterday. In comparison, the Eagles let Jalen throw it 23.

That is called putting the game on a players shoulders. Yes, they came up short...on the road....vs the NFC Champs. It could have EASILY been different if they don't call an illegal formation after everyone checked in (should be investigated) or if they call the PI on the Schoon's.
Those kind of number discrepancies are generally due to the way the game played out. When you're down by two scores late in the fourth quarter, the passing attempts tend to pile up.
Conversely, when you're up by two scores later in the game, they don't.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We just a QB who can step up when it counts and block the rush, call the right play, ensure the receivers run the routes correctly, and ref the game accurately. Is that too much to ask?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

It’s more than half of Zoners crapping on Dak constantly. It’s great insight into their lack of football knowledge. They have zero clue. They’re miserable people who try to make others miserable to make them feel better. It’s really one of the lowest forms of human behavior.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

100%.
This is why I call our fans idiots.
I feel bad for being overly harsh at times but then this stuff happens.

But, Dak but Dak but Dak.

The bar is what?? PERFECTION? That's again, idiotic.

Dak is your 3rd highest graded offensive player.
Behind CeeDee and Tyler Smith.
He is graded out higher than Zack Martin and Tyron Smith and people are complaining about him????

It is literal insanity.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It’s more than half of Zoners crapping on Dak constantly. It’s great insight into their lack of football knowledge. They have zero clue. They’re miserable people who try to make others miserable to make them feel better. It’s really one of the lowest forms of human behavior.
If Dak would "Constantly" start being clutch you wouldn't hear a thing. Stop acting like he doesn't deserve the criticism.

He played great yesterday and then choked the last 27 seconds and the game away.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
100%.

He is graded out higher than Zack Martin and Tyron Smith and people are complaining about him????

It is literal insanity.
They love it when the Cowboys lose so they can blame the QB regardless of how well he plays. They forget the 4 drops, the 10 penalties and the revolving door at RT. It’s pure hate agenda and a sad reflection of those who are guilty.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think anybody is blaming. the quarterback for the loss
, although by the end of the game, the eagles had a secondary.that wasn't even sure who to cover.
And they were a bad secondary when the game started
. Could he have played better at the very end? I think so, while he's not too blame for the loss. He certainly shoulders part of it.
The secondary play of both the rams and the eagles we're just putrid.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bingo.

If anyone thinks the sky is falling, leave the fan base. We are a better team than Philadelphia. Where they have the edge over us -- and it's a massive one -- is the clutch gene. Just have to close out games better, but this season is not over. All of our goals are still in front of us.

Exactly, but one of the things that needs to be fixed is the penalties. The team needs to find a way to play to the point where it's not a 50-50 decision for the refs.

Brooksey

Reaction score
100%.

It is literal insanity.
Are you saying Cowboys fans are "Idiots" for criticizing Dak Prescott on a fan forum?
Excuse me but isn't that the epitome of being an idiot?

Why not try discussing your points without insulting people. Let's start there.

Dak played great yesterday and then had 1st and 5 from the 6 with 27 secs.

He blew it.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Everyone deserves blame. It's a 60-minute game, there were good and bad moments from every unit. If you want to blame the OL for giving up the sacks at the end then are you also going to credit them for giving Dak generally good pass protection for most of the game to allow him to get those stats that everyone is raving about?

Brooksey

Reaction score
They love it when the Cowboys lose so they can blame the QB regardless of how well he plays. They forget the 4 drops, the 10 penalties and the revolving door at RT. It’s pure hate agenda and a sad reflection of those who are guilty.
You seem really sensitive about Dak. People who criticize Dak love it when the Cowboys lose?

That's a nice conspiracy theory.