We beat a bad team!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We beat a depleted team. The Saints when healthy is actually not all that bad. Look at the teams they have beat... Packers, Pats, Bucs and our nemesis next week the WFT. We'll feel pretty good about ourselves next week if we get the "W" against the WFT.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And Aikman said it, Hill had a splinter on his finger making great throws with it. So their banged up backup QB gave us a run for our money (pun intended)
And they also beT the bucs, packers, and pats, so what's that say about those "legit," contenders?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
raw

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Hey it is what it is - a win, but we beat a team with a ton of injuries with their third string QB who by the way has rifle arm and with the right system could start somewhere. He is tough as nails. The bottom line we still are a long ways from being a contender for a Super Bowl. I do think once we get everyone back healthy we can make a run and after that who knows.

But what good is arm strength without accuracy, also footwork is terrible. Dude is a bum.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I'll give you a "like"...but only for everything before the comma.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It happens. Vikings lost to Cooper Rush.

Mind you, that backup QB gets paid like a NFL starter......
Lol yeah with 4 picks right he did. Played like a starting RB, I give you that.

We couldn't make ANYTHING out of 3 picks so the D said on the 4th "we better take care of that ourselves".

The offense is just in a horrible horrible shape.

conner01

Reaction score
We beat a depleted team. The Saints when healthy is actually not all that bad. Look at the teams they have beat... Packers, Pats, Bucs and our nemesis next week the WFT. We'll feel pretty good about ourselves next week if we get the "W" against the WFT.
They have a good run defense
Before we got ahold of them they were giving up 3.6
Per carry
We put 6.1 per carry on them
They were tops in the league before last nught

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
And they also beT the bucs, packers, and pats, so what's that say about those "legit," contenders?
And they were playing them without all those starters too? Didn't look it up, but I doubt it.

Sorry, but it was one more game that you can just call embarrassing as far as the O goes. Thank God our D was on against their "next man up" squad.

conner01

Reaction score
They have a good run defense
Before we got ahold of them they were giving up 3.5

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And they were playing them without all those starters too? Didn't look it up, but I doubt it.

Sorry, but it was one more game that you can just call embarrassing as far as the O goes. Thank God our D was on against their "next man up" squad.

I find this response HILARIOUS. Because when we were missing all those players and lost, did we get a pass? But bucs, pats and on and on lost to the REAL saints, right? Again, hilarious to me the double standard we use for other teams and the Cowboys.

morat1959

Reaction score
Agreed. Simple as that. Worst ground game in the league at the moment. Passing game insecure, D getting turnovers again but still letting too many big plays happen (Hill playing like an RB lol).

It was like we were playing a practice squad in pre season with our A roster.

Oh, and where's that conspiracy crowd that calling out the refs all the time. This time NO had some really bad calls on them.
Not a peep!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
No double standards here. Haven't seen any threads here about contenders winning against depleted teams. You might wanna head over to the Packers forum and see what they're up to then.

As far as the Cowboys go, missing starters is no excuse for a loss against mediocre teams while winning THIS way against a "next man up" squad still can be called what it was. If you think the O played well, fine, free speech n all. ;)