We beat a bad team!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Hey it is what it is - a win, but we beat a team with a ton of injuries with their third string QB who by the way has rifle arm and with the right system could start somewhere. He is tough as nails. The bottom line we still are a long ways from being a contender for a Super Bowl. I do think once we get everyone back healthy we can make a run and after that who knows.
The Boys beat a bad offense, who were led by a banged up QB who looked like a high school QB at times with a splint on his middle finger on his throwing hand. The Saint's defense actually did enough to win the game, they shut down the running game for 95% of the game. If not for that missed tackle in the back field, they could have won the game. Fortunately for the Boys Pollard picked a great time to avoid a tackle and took it to the HOUSE for a sweet TD run. Also, the Saint's defense beat the hell out of the O-Line all night long, a long with no running game Dak struggled most of the night because he had no time in the pocket. The Boys were able to beat an under manned Saints team and now have 12 days to fix the O-Line issues before they go up against WFT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Boys beat a bad offense, who were led by a banged up QB who looked like a high school QB at times with a splint on his middle finger on his throwing hand. The Saint's defense actually did enough to win the game, they shut down the running game for 95% of the game. If not for that missed tackle in the back field, they could have won the game. Fortunately for the Boys Pollard picked a great time to avoid a tackle and took it to the HOUSE for a sweet TD run. Also, the Saint's defense beat the hell out of the O-Line all night long, a long with no running game Dak struggled most of the night because he had no time in the pocket. The Boys were able to beat an under manned Saints team and now have 12 days to fix the O-Line issues before they go up against WFT!

And then when we beat wft, it will be how we beat them with all their injuries, wouldn't have scored except for a DB falling down, and one of our td runs was only because the wft linebacker was still in the restroom taking a piss.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I said this after the Chargers game too. Or even after the NE game, which wasn't so bad after all. But yesterday was just embarrassing. Why can't I say this and accept that a win is a win at the same time?
a wins never embarrassing,

your attitude towards your team and win is very embarrassing , FOR YOU!!!!:facepalm::angry::thumbdown:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t a very good team right now and are fortunate they won. They’ve struggled to win at the dome. We’re just lucky they didn’t have Drew Brees at QB and Alvin Kamara in the lineup.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you look at Taysom Hill’s rushing and passing totals you would think we faced Lamar Jackson.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Any decent offense would take the win but be very disgusted with that performance.

Hadenough

Reaction score
And then when we beat wft, it will be how we beat them with all their injuries, wouldn't have scored except for a DB falling down, and one of our td runs was only because the wft linebacker was still in the restroom taking a piss.
I'm kinda worried about that game. That team is playing smash mouth football and has a solid run game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hey it is what it is - a win, but we beat a team with a ton of injuries with their third string QB who by the way has rifle arm and with the right system could start somewhere. He is tough as nails. The bottom line we still are a long ways from being a contender for a Super Bowl. I do think once we get everyone back healthy we can make a run and after that who knows.
Looking at the Saints schedule they easily could finish 9-8 with Kamara and the two offensive tackles returning.

Reaction score
What you're saying is that a team who was without their starting QB, RB, DE, DT, & both starting OTs shouldn't have given a quality, Super Bowl contender such a hard time. I agree. If we can't thump a team with half their starters out, how can we ever expect to beat the best.

Reaction score
We HAVE everyone back on the offense, & we still struggled against backups. I've rarely seen our offensive line look as bad. Once Coop & Elliott get totally healthy, we'll have zero excuses.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
a wins never embarrassing,

your attitude towards your team and win is very embarrassing , FOR YOU!!!!:facepalm::angry::thumbdown:

If you see it that way, fine, everyone's the right to an opinion. I stick to mine, calling the O what it is at the moment, crap. Even more in the light of everyone being back 'n all. Let's hope they can show more competence vs Washington. Behind the draw board and on the field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you see it that way, fine, everyone's the right to an opinion. I stick to mine, calling the O what it is at the moment, crap. Even more in the light of everyone being back 'n all. Let's hope they can show more competence vs Washington. Behind the draw board and on the field.
most sane people see it that way..players see it that way , coaches see it that way..you are in very small faction that do not.no style points for wins and losses still only count for one loss..each game is one off an doesn't reflect on prior or future ghames..it simply DOES NOT..there new reason for loss or win each week..

case in point offense played well enough team put up 33 on the raiders and well where was that defense from the saints game, non exisitent..it happens its week to week game by game league, you paly them, all and hope to be on top when the dust clears..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’re not a long ways from being a Super Bowl contender.

Look at the rest of the league.

Dallas has everything they need to win a Super Bowl. No excuses just go do it. Figure it out.
And we're not a long way from bad, one and done either.

We're definitely enigma. So good....so bad....back and forth we go.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
most sane people see it that way..players see it that way , coaches see it that way..you are in very small faction that do not.no style points for wins and losses still only count for one loss..each game is one off an doesn't reflect on prior or future ghames..it simply DOES NOT..there new reason for loss or win each week..

case in point offense played well enough team put up 33 on the raiders and well where was that defense from the saints game, non exisitent..it happens its week to week game by game league, you paly them, all and hope to be on top when the dust clears..

You contradict you own logic. So vs the Saints the win matters and therefore the offense was good enough? But vs the Raiders the points mattered so even the outcome was a loss the Offense was good enough?

What's it gonna be then? I have made up my mind but I'm still open to any change. Whatever Daks problem is, whatever is needed to give the oline back its strength and whatever makes the receivers getting better separation and focus, I hope they find the cure. And Zeke? Why play him when somethings up? I'll be more than happy if they can bring back the performance from the 6-1 period.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Some of the more negative Cowboys fans picked the Saints to beat the Cowboys. There should be some unwritten fan rule that if a NFL fan or pundit knows about a team's injuries or a team being short handed coming into a match up against the Cowboys, but they still picks the injury riddled, short handed team to beat the Cowboys, then those very same fans can't turn around and go "Well, the team the Cowboys beat has injuries and are short handed, so the win doesn't count." Anyone who picks a team with injuries to defeat the Cowboys, shouldn't be able to then turn around and discredit the Cowboys for beating said team with injuries. If they are confident enough in that short handed team to pick them to win, then they should own up to their predictions and still give the Cowboys credit for finding a way to win against said team.

But, when the Cowboys are injured or short handed, you have some of the very same fans saying things like "No excuses, next man up, if the Cowboys are any good then they should be able to win this game, no matter what."

blueblood70

Reaction score
You contradict you own logic. So vs the Saints the win matters and therefore the offense was good enough? But vs the Raiders the points mattered so even the outcome was a loss the Offense was good enough?

What's it gonna be then? I have made up my mind but I'm still open to any change. I'll be more than happy if they can bring back the performance from the 6-1 period.
no contradiction, you are insane, calling a win embarrassing, ill stick to that..go away sad sack charlie..just move on..you are on an island by yourself..

Wilson is your only friend.lOL Wilson!!!:muttley::laugh:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

As long as some don't call Washington a "bad team" if the Cowboys beat them. After spending a couple of weeks hyping them up as a dangerous or good team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As long as some don't call Washington a "bad team" if the Cowboys beat them. After spending a couple of weeks hyping them up as a dangerous or good team.
right ATL was on roll when we beat them down yet we wont get credit for that they are bad team and well, we should have won.lol