We better be a top 5 offense this year

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With the money that we are tying up in the top 3 offensive positions (Dak, Zeke, and Cooper) we can't go out and be a so so offense, or our talent people, (Jerry, Stephen, Will McClay, and Jason) have to be held accountable. We are investing a huge part of our salary cap in these 3 players.

Where do you think the team will finish on offense? Will they live up to their contracts? I know a good portion of that will be on Moore will he get the most out of them?

I know there is no 100% answer but I'm curious as to people's gut feel. We can look back at the end of the year and see if we were right.

I think the offense will excel against the Giants and other lowly teams but struggle early against good defenses. But I think midyear that they will figure it out and finish barely in the top 10 (7-10) by the end of the year. Thoughts?

I think when you are paying players as the best the expectations must come along with it. I have no issue with people expecting a lot out of this offense, same with the defense.

aria

Reaction score
So we’re supposed to go from middle to lower pack offensively to top five with a healthy Beard, Cobb and a new OC? Lol, good luck.

People act like just because we signed Zeke we have a new team. Zeke played all but one game last year and this offense still sucked. We should be better but the majority of that will rest in the OC IMO and it certainly won’t be top 5.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the money that we are tying up in the top 3 offensive positions (Dak, Zeke, and Cooper) we can't go out and be a so so offense, or our talent people, (Jerry, Stephen, Will McClay, and Jason) have to be held accountable. We are investing a huge part of our salary cap in these 3 players.

Where do you think the team will finish on offense? Will they live up to their contracts? I know a good portion of that will be on Moore will he get the most out of them?

I know there is no 100% answer but I'm curious as to people's gut feel. We can look back at the end of the year and see if we were right.

I think the offense will excel against the Giants and other lowly teams but struggle early against good defenses. But I think midyear that they will figure it out and finish barely in the top 10 (7-10) by the end of the year. Thoughts?

Zeke will lead the League in rushing as usual!
Passing needs to step it up or step DOWN and lets us win another Superbowl....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hate to break it to you guys, but Dak already lead a top 5 offense in 2016

And in "Band Camp" that year.......:muttley:

what-done-lately.jpg

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If this team loses its identity and becomes a passing team, I don’t think they will be up there this team must run
It needs to be more balanced though. When Romo was here we relied on the passing game too much and with Dak it's the running game. We need both.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Here we go with players magically getting even better when you pay them.

Can't wait for the endless "not living up to their contract" posts. :rolleyes:

quickccc

Reaction score
Amazing how we still get folks talking about money ,..cap money, .. tying into 3 players ,..we better have top offense,… etc, etc.
But it still remains the defense that has got us kicked out of the playoffs the last three times we were in it.

Either we don’t have a pass rush to stop Aaron Rodgers .. (and an even one-legged Rodgers at that in 2014 playoffs) .. and yes, we will have to face him again
.. or we simply cant stop the damn run vs Rams (and why do we tend to have this issue On the Road ?)

- Get the damn, big imposing playmaking horses upfront that will finally make the differences in disruption and penetration in the backfield. :mad:

Creeper

Reaction score
This is an excellent point. If the offense does not produce again this year, be it in the red zone or in general, then the Cowboys put themselves in cap jail again and will have nothing to show for it.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We probably won't be a top 5 Offense. But are we better than we were 12 months ago? Are we better 3 years from now than we would have been without these deals? Every team spends money and most spend up to the cap. Not everyone can be top 5.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Have Dak and Cooper even signed yet? Sheesh

staubach24

Reaction score
I think we will. Zeke and Pollard are going to be a huge part of the reason. Both are great receivers out of the backfield. I think a good portion of the chunk plays on offense are gonna come on screen plays. Zeke’s signing allows Pollard to be the backup and learn instead of having the pressure of carrying the whole load where he probably would’ve failed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because by gum if we are the #6 offense that's it for me! No more abusing this fan, if we have the #6 offense I'm cutting my 50 year allegiance to the Cowboys!

No more Sunday BBQ and beer! No more looking forward to laying in my big comfy chair watching the game! I'll just do whatever it is my wife can find for me to do around the house with that time. That will show those damn Cowboys!