We can only keep Micah or Dak

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way you exercise Micah's 5th-year option as we will lose him to FA.
Extending Dak who needs mucho help is counterproductive as you will not have the cap $ to put a good enough team around him.
CD is getting paid this offseason.
The only viable option is going QB cheap (Lance) and building up the defense to keep us in game while we see what Lance can do out there.
Ok so we don't make the playoffs (or do as Rush went 5-1) but we get a higher pick in 2025 to go get our new franchise QB prospect.
Face it this team as it is structured at BEST is one and done.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.

I have rooted for Dak and I have staunchly defended him. However, I just don't see paying him the kind of money he will be sure to demand. However, i also don't see how the Cowboys can afford to take the hit on his salary next season, some 60 million, isn't it?

I think they should trade Parsons, he only plays elite for three months. After November, he is completely average. In four playoff games he has one sack. Is that elite? Then why give him an elite contract?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys would've been better served turning Micah Parsons into Roquan Smith rather than pretending he's Demarcus Ware.

But that ship has sailed. They've convinced a 245 pound man that he's a 4-3 defensive lineman - I can only imagine what Micah could've been in a 3-4. Think TJ Watt on steroids. But it is what it is now. Micah doesn't see himself as a LB, isn't very good at it, and edge rushers get paid more.

The Cowboys drafted a remarkable talent and have figured out how to minimize it. He fades in the second half of the season because he is not big enough to do what they're asking him to do, for 17 games in a 4-3 defense.

It's almost as if the two people who ultimately make all personnel decisions own the team, and no other team would hire either of them, or something. :rolleyes:

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Micah is an immature loudmouth but I’d like to see him under a DC intelligent enough to understand he‘s not built to be a full time DE. Not sure I’d make him the highest paid defensive player in the league but his talent is undeniable.

Dak on the other hand we know what he has to offer: not much. Easy choice to make between an elite talent and a middle of the pack overpaid fraud.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.

I have rooted for Dak and I have staunchly defended him. However, I just don't see paying him the kind of money he will be sure to demand. However, i also don't see how the Cowboys can afford to take the hit on his salary next season, some 60 million, isn't it?

I think they should trade Parsons, he only plays elite for three months. After November, he is completely average. In four playoff games he has one sack. Is that elite? Then why give him an elite contract?
Yup. I think Parsons is great, but he isn't happy here, and why would he be? He knows he won't win here. And whether it's a matter of how he's used, how hard he plays or doesn't play the entire season, or if you believe the refs look the other way when he's held 90% of the time (they do), just trade the guy. We're going to be rebuilding before people realize.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Extending Dak who needs mucho help is counterproductive as you will not have the cap $ to put a good enough team around him.
The only viable option is going QB cheap (Lance) and building up the defense to keep us in game while we see what Lance can do out there.
Ok so we don't make the playoffs (or do as Rush went 5-1) but we get a higher pick in 2025 to go get our new franchise QB prospect.
Running it back and paying big money to Dak, CD and Micah will only create similar results. Just my opinion.

We are stuck with Dak regardless of opinion. GM Jeruh has backed us into a corner at QB. So we must build a stronger team around Dak.

CD will get paid this year. We can wait a year on Micah then a decision will need to be made.

Question becomes what creates more value Micah or 2 first round picks and $30M in cap space.

If we end up taking a step back next year, it almost forces us to make a trade or stuck in early playoff exits.

I would love for DQ to become a head coach and over pay for Micah in a trade.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Running it back and paying big money to Dak, CD and Micah will only create similar results. Just my opinion.

We are stuck with Dak regardless of opinion. GM Jeruh has backed us into a corner at QB. So we must build a stronger team around Dak.

CD will get paid this year. We can wait a year on Micah then a decision will need to be made.

Question becomes what creates more value Micah or 2 first round picks and $30M in cap space.

If we end up taking a step back next year, it almost forces us to make a trade or stuck in early playoff exits.

I would love for DQ to become a head coach and over pay for Micah in a trade.
So you keep a choke artist playoff QB and get rid of the main reason our defense was top 5.
Smart................. :facepalm:
P.S.No one is giving you 2 # 1 picks and he's an fa next year so you get a comp pick.
P.S. No one is stuck with Dak there are viable options.........stop misrepresenting the facts!

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you keep a choke artist playoff QB and get rid of the main reason our defense was top 5.
Smart................. :facepalm:
P.S.No one is giving you 2 # 1 picks and he's an fa next year so you get a comp pick.
Let's deal with reality vs feelings or opinions.

Dak's current contract is detrimental to the team. It will be extended, whether your or I like it or not.

Adreme

Reaction score
You 100% exercise Micah's 5th year option and then extend him just like what is done with every other top tier 1st round pick. He wont mind as his 5th year option is the same number as the franchise tag would be (as he made 2 pro bowls). Meanwhile there is 0 stopping you from signing both from a cap perspective. This myth that they somehow have to pick and choose is not rooted in reality.

You move on from Dak though and you probably are going between 5-12 and 7-10. That is not high enough to get one of the premium picks so you are going to be now stuck in the 1/3 chance that your guy is even a tier below Dak. That is the gamble you are taking.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Franchise tag if you have to. Then if need be trade him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How do you pay CD without a new contract for Dak?

Chasing6

Reaction score
You 100% exercise Micah's 5th year option and then extend him just like what is done with every other top tier 1st round pick. He wont mind as his 5th year option is the same number as the franchise tag would be (as he made 2 pro bowls). Meanwhile there is 0 stopping you from signing both from a cap perspective. This myth that they somehow have to pick and choose is not rooted in reality.

You move on from Dak though and you probably are going between 5-12 and 7-10. That is not high enough to get one of the premium picks so you are going to be now stuck in the 1/3 chance that your guy is even a tier below Dak. That is the gamble you are taking.
I love Micah. I believe he is a generational player. I don't believe we are using him correctly and we are putting his career in danger by having him play 100% of the time as DE and being double and triple teamed.

This reminds me of Zeke getting way too many carrier's while he was a young stud. Then a big contract and down hill.

A good GM does not give future contracts based on past performance. Good GM's base contracts on current and projected future performance.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
I love Micah. I believe he is a generational player. I don't believe we are using him correctly and we are putting his career in danger by having him play 100% of the time as DE and being double and triple teamed.

This reminds me of Zeke getting way too many carrier's while he was a young stud. Then a big contract and down hill.

A good GM does not give future contracts based on past performance. Good GM's base contracts on current and projected future performance.
RBs and pass rushers are not the same thing. RBs wear out after 3-4 years of intense workload. Pass rushers tend to play well until they are 29-30, some longer but in general that is the window. The projected future performance for Micah is to be a DPOY candidate for the next half decade and possibly get over the hump in the right year under the right circumstances (as the other 3-4 players in that tier also can make the same claims).

Chasing6

Reaction score
Easy as trust me he has shown he can produce and catch passes from other QB like Rush.
Please man even CD mama dont even want Dak and ya she heard it from CD!
I am talking about the salary cap. Cap is projected to be $240M. If you don't extend Dak he will be 25% of the entire cap. CD at $30M that is 38% of the cap on 2 players.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am talking about the salary cap. Cap is projected to be $240M. If you don't extend Dak he will be 25% of the entire cap. CD at $30M that is 38% of the cap on 2 players.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results.
All roads lead to Dakko being a post-June 1st cut and Big Mike developing Trey as our new starter.
How important are those DOG WINS during the season.........really now????
You don't need Dak to beat the Giants, D.C. etc, etc.