We can only keep Micah or Dak

FoxF

Reaction score
Parsons has trade value so I am going to see what I can get for him, although it would have to be a haul to trade him. I don’t believe in Dak under this organization, although as a fan of his and rooting for him to have success somewhere else. Parsons diva attitude just turns me off, the organization doesn’t know how to handle the locker room and the players are publicly stabbing each other in the back, pointing fingers, etc…

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’d keep Micah and I think the new D coach better use him better. He clearly can’t be a right DE for 17 games.

Adreme

Reaction score
Why did JJ and son agreed in no trade? it is a mind boggling and very stupid. Now they are cornered .
Because they waited so long to negotiate the contract that they had no choice but to give in on every demand he made.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Parsons has trade value so I am going to see what I can get for him, although it would have to be a haul to trade him. I don’t believe in Dak under this organization, although as a fan of his and rooting for him to have success somewhere else. Parsons diva attitude just turns me off, the organization doesn’t know how to handle the locker room and the players are publicly stabbing each other in the back, pointing fingers, etc…
Have you noticed that all of the "backstabbing" and finger pointing is directed at 1 player?

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.

I have rooted for Dak and I have staunchly defended him. However, I just don't see paying him the kind of money he will be sure to demand. However, i also don't see how the Cowboys can afford to take the hit on his salary next season, some 60 million, isn't it?

I think they should trade Parsons, he only plays elite for three months. After November, he is completely average. In four playoff games he has one sack. Is that elite? Then why give him an elite contract?
To be honest, the entire team seems to taper off as the season progresses.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am talking about the salary cap. Cap is projected to be $240M. If you don't extend Dak he will be 25% of the entire cap. CD at $30M that is 38% of the cap on 2 players.
They can designate Dak a post June 1st cut which break up the 60M cap hit for getting rid of him. But that’s not going to happen. Jerry decided when he gave Dak his current contract that he would be the QB for the long term and he/ we are stuck with Dak for the foreseeable future. Thats just reality.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No way you exercise Micah's 5th-year option as we will lose him to FA.
Extending Dak who needs mucho help is counterproductive as you will not have the cap $ to put a good enough team around him.
CD is getting paid this offseason.
The only viable option is going QB cheap (Lance) and building up the defense to keep us in game while we see what Lance can do out there.
Ok so we don't make the playoffs (or do as Rush went 5-1) but we get a higher pick in 2025 to go get our new franchise QB prospect.
Face it this team as it is structured at BEST is one and done.
Trade micah to philly where he really wants to be!!! Dan Quinn will be there soon

starfan1

Reaction score
Yup.

You always keep Trent Dilfer instead of Ray Lewis.
Micah is my favorite player (other than his mouth) and Im not advocating for dak over him.If you were forced to do one or the other id rather keep Micah but he doesnt deserve at this point to be mentioned in the same breath as a ray Lewis or LT. he dissappears in big games just like the QB. He just hasnt done the dissapearing act as long.

everyone knows the gang is getting back together so every thread on this board isnt going to change that. The real question is are they going to make any key additions like go all in on a Chris jones and a real LB and not just this hybrid. I love Micah but his body will be Romoesque at his current pace of misuse.

count on the cowboys to jack up a good thing its what they do

nobody

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep either one at this point.

I have rooted for Dak and I have staunchly defended him. However, I just don't see paying him the kind of money he will be sure to demand. However, i also don't see how the Cowboys can afford to take the hit on his salary next season, some 60 million, isn't it?

I think they should trade Parsons, he only plays elite for three months. After November, he is completely average. In four playoff games he has one sack. Is that elite? Then why give him an elite contract?
I think Parsons playing well for only three months is on coaching allowing him to dictate where he plays instead of sticking him where he remains good at and has the physical build. I believe he'd hold up if he was at LB all year.

Dak on the other hand? Hit eject now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I expect Jethro to resign both. And probably extend Prescott sooner than later to avoid massive cap hit of over 59 million.

Jethro has more time to get a deal done with Parsons probably pushing later in 2024 season or beyond. This will only be his 4th season in 5 year Rookie deal.

If Micah chooses to test FA market then there’s always the possibility we could lose him and not even receive much benefit for him.

We also always have to remember our dysfunctional ownerships agendas and priorities aren’t specifically aligned with ours.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results.
All roads lead to Dakko being a post-June 1st cut and Big Mike developing Trey as our new starter.
How important are those DOG WINS during the season.........really now????
You don't need Dak to beat the Giants, D.C. etc, etc.
Our ownership is the definition of insanity. And why we’ve been stuck in this perpetual mediocrity puddle of poop almost 3 decades thru numerous coaching staffs , rosters and QB’s this era.

In his own words Jethro has said that remaining interesting and relevant is the priority. He feels more comfortable with 12-5 than the potential of starting over and possibly getting better. The uncertainty is much more work and effort for him.

Remember this ole snake oil salesman sold the hell out of 8-8. 12-5 is easy peasy. He doesn’t even need a scapegoat. Lol

Regardless whether he actually believes this team is close which he probably does that’s the front he’s going to hype and promote. And if history has proven anything to us this era he will ride this until it totally collapses.

And that’s what fans will need to root for if they want change which unfortunately won’t ultimately bring all the changes needed. But it could bring in a new coaching staff and possibly even a new QB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I expect Jethro to resign both. And probably extend Prescott sooner than later to avoid massive cap hit of over 59 million.

Jethro has more time to get a deal done with Parsons probably pushing later in 2024 season or beyond. This will only be his 4th season in 5 year Rookie deal.

If Micah chooses to test FA market then there’s always the possibility we could lose him and not even receive much benefit for him.

We also always have to remember our dysfunctional ownerships agendas and priorities aren’t specifically aligned with ours.
Get the benefit of not having to think so hard, just get a pass rusher who does it all and doesn't need to be moved around

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way you exercise Micah's 5th-year option as we will lose him to FA.
Extending Dak who needs mucho help is counterproductive as you will not have the cap $ to put a good enough team around him.
CD is getting paid this offseason.
The only viable option is going QB cheap (Lance) and building up the defense to keep us in game while we see what Lance can do out there.
Ok so we don't make the playoffs (or do as Rush went 5-1) but we get a higher pick in 2025 to go get our new franchise QB prospect.
Face it this team as it is structured at BEST is one and done.
They'll keep Parsons even if they have to decrease the roster size from 53 to 11.

Trading for Trey Lance was a "Jerry Move". Stephen/McClay now make 99% of the decisions on players, but Jerry made the trade for Trey Lance.

Jerry will push McCarthy to develop Lance.

McCarthy is in the last year of his contract. He has 2 options to get a new contract:
1: Win a Super Bowl with Dak.
2: Make the playoffs with Trey Lance as the starting QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They'll keep Parsons even if they have to decrease the roster size from 53 to 11.

Trading for Trey Lance was a "Jerry Move". Stephen/McClay now make 99% of the decisions on players, but Jerry made the trade for Trey Lance.

McCarthy is in the last year of his contract. He has 2 options to get a new contract:
Jerry stated it was his call and no one, not Dak or Big Mike was aware before Jerry pulling the trigger.
Why if he was 100% happy with Dak?
4th rounders have value.
We await the Spring for further answers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Press option 2