Twitter: We control our destiny

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not a believer in a few of the teams that are positioned above us.

-New Orleans still has a bad defense. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see them as contenders. They will probably fall off, but their schedule is pretty easy, so who knows.

- Minnesota keeps winning despite their questionable QB situation as well as losing their main RB. And their remaining schedule isn't very easy.

- LA Rams are a darkhorse. I'm not sold on them at all. Lots of unknowns there.

Bottom line is that we are in a good spot. If we can win ALL divisional games remaining, we should make it in. It'll probably come down to tie breakers, so we need that good divisional/conference record. If we're going to lose, hopefully it'll be to the Raiders or Chargers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're dangerous though. They can beat anybody when they bring their A-game.

The same as the Cowboys right now. But I see issues with Seattle. The entire offense relies on Russell Wilson willing them to victory. It's all on him. Every single play.

And their pass rush and overall defense just isn't what it once was. Seeing them get ripped up by rookie Deshaun Watson showed me that.

While the Cowboys were showing their A-game on Sunday, the Seahawks were showing their many flaws. Getting beaten at home by a Commanders team on life support was another eye opener.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a believer in a few of the teams that are positioned above us.

-New Orleans still has a bad defense. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see them as contenders. They will probably fall off, but their schedule is pretty easy, so who knows.

- Minnesota keeps winning despite their questionable QB situation as well as losing their main RB. And their remaining schedule isn't very easy.

- LA Rams are a darkhorse. I'm not sold on them at all. Lots of unknowns there.

Bottom line is that we are in a good spot. If we can win ALL divisional games remaining, we should make it in. It'll probably come down to tie breakers, so we need that good divisional/conference record. If we're going to lose, hopefully it'll be to the Raiders or Chargers.

Those teams you mentioned are division champs at this point, not teams Dallas has to worry about in a wildcard race as it looks now.

But I don't agree. I've been impressed with all three. Especially New Orleans after their terrible start. They're getting it together, and if Brees ever has anything resembling a competitive defense? Look out!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If we best the eagles in a few weeks, they will fold. They won't be able to handle the pressure. That's my prediction. We beat Atl, We beat Philly, Lose to the Chargers and then win out with the possible exception of the last game, because it won't matter at that point.

Zman5

Reaction score
Seattle looks seriously flawed to me.

Their decision to try to go cheap on the offensive line has blown up in their face. To the point they're grossly overpaying draft bust Luke Joekel and have just had to trade multiple picks (I believe) to now have to pay Texans disgruntled left tackle Duane Brown.

They can't run the ball at all and just lost at home to that same Commanders team that we just beat which is decimated by injuries. I don't see them currently being much of a threat to any good teams.

I don't think they are good either. Even though they lost to the Deadskins at home, Seahawks do tend to play better at home. That's why I think we have it easier since we get them in Dallas and the EaGirls have to play them in Seattle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they are good either. Even though they lost to the Deadskins at home, Seahawks do tend to play better at home. That's why I think we have it easier since we get them in Dallas and the EaGirls have to play them in Seattle.

There's definitely a difference, but if the Commanders - as beat up as they are - can beat the Seahawks at home, I have to believe Philadelphia can do the same.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We control it but we're not in a optimal spot when you consider our schedule.

If we win these next 2 games it will change things considerably.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if our rookies start playing great, we get no more injuries, we sweep the Eagles, and everything goes great going forward then.............................ummm..........."we should be fine"?

:lmao2::lmao:

Somebody explain to Roy what the phrase "control our destiny" means in a sports context. I don't have the patience to help him here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Somebody explain to Roy what the phrase "control our destiny" means in a sports context. I don't have the patience to help him here.

somebody explain to IDGIT that the Eagles control their own destiny too. And if EVERYTHING goes right for them then we dont control our own destiny. Someone explain to him how statements like "we control our own destiney" and "if everything goes right" are useless statements that are meaningless.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If we best the eagles in a few weeks, they will fold. They won't be able to handle the pressure. That's my prediction. We beat Atl, We beat Philly, Lose to the Chargers and then win out with the possible exception of the last game, because it won't matter at that point.

Of course that is your prediction.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
somebody explain to IDGIT that the Eagles control their own destiny too. And if EVERYTHING goes right for them then we dont control our own destiny. Someone explain to him how statements like "we control our own destiney" and "if everything goes right" are useless statements that are meaningless.

It seems almost too stupid for me to have to type out, but of course the Eagles also control their own destiny. And nothing I said in any way suggested otherwise. Because I know how to count.

"Controlling your own destiny" isn't a meaningless phrase in a football context. It's not all that important at the half way point, but it becomes increasingly important as the number of games left to play gets smaller. You don't want to count on somebody losing to get into the playoffs if you can help it.

You're wrong here, again, Roy, and just don't understand why.

morasp

Reaction score
I am as well. I don't see where it should be any sort of a given that they bring up Lewis Neal. He doesn't help against the run at all the way Price did. They need size at that position. I'm expecting to hear some names from a "Tryout Tuesday".

My thoughts too. I'm sure our scouting department must have reviewed the list of available defensive tackles after Paea retired.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I don’t think the schedule is as tough as it once appeared. Atlanta is the game they really need and where they match up pretty badly against the teamt. Seattle doesn’t look as good as their record and Oakland has their own issues. After that it’s just divisional games really. Split with the Eagles and those Washington, NYG games should have this team favored pretty heavily. The biggest question mark I see is what happens with Zeke, and not the schedule at this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thoughts too. I'm sure our scouting department must have reviewed the list of available defensive tackles after Paea retired.

I hope so. But upon a cursory look, I didn't see much out there.