Twitter: We control our destiny

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It’s weird how they play pretty much all of the wild card competition at some point. Even played 4-4 Green Bay, though they are fading. Should simplify tie breakers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It seems almost too stupid for me to have to type out, but of course the Eagles also control their own destiny. And nothing I said in any way suggested otherwise. Because I know how to count.

"Controlling your own destiny" isn't a meaningless phrase in a football context. It's not all that important at the half way point, but it becomes increasingly important as the number of games left to play gets smaller. You don't want to count on somebody losing to get into the playoffs if you can help it.

You're wrong here, again, Roy, and just don't understand why.

LOL......When you actually start to get things right around here, then you can critique me. Until then, show respect for your betters.

As far as "they control their own destiny" nonsense its meaningless at this point in the season. Another misapplied statement by a guy that rarely says anything that isnt flippant or general in nature.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Did the Cowboys every lose control of their destiny? Nope...

Pants

Reaction score
the cowboys lost control of anything once Garrett got hired...sure, they could win DESPITE his bunglings, but hard to see it (see: 24-16 at halftime against LAR and then changing NOTHING in the 2nd half in the loss)

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I’m just hoping the Cowboys don’t have to go to Philadelphia the last game with a possible playoff birth on the line

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not going to apologize for being an optimistic fan, You should try it sometime. It's pretty great.

Overly optimistic I would call it. I prefer to be realistic and optimistically cautious. After 3 wins and a dominant defeat over KC I am getting there. But regular season wins dont cut it for at this point. This team should be going deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis yearly.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
the cowboys lost control of anything once Garrett got hired...sure, they could win DESPITE his bunglings, but hard to see it (see: 24-16 at halftime against LAR and then changing NOTHING in the 2nd half in the loss)

wrong

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As of now we have 2 DT's. Collins and Ash. Don't know who is gonna replace Price. Lewis Neal, i'm guessing, well be called up and at practice today. Another pass rusher for the DL.
I wonder what Vince Woolfork is doing right now?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think the schedule is as tough as it once appeared.
It never is. That is one of the biggest myths in football. Let me put it this way, didn't almost everyone predict the Raiders and Giants and Bucs and Packers will win their divisions?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

:hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It never is. That is one of the biggest myths in football. Let me put it this way, didn't almost everyone predict the Raiders and Giants and Bucs and Packers will win their divisions?

You can say that about some games, but for the most part it holds true. The Cowboys, Eagles, Rams, Saints are all products this year of easy schedule vs difficult schedule.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overly optimistic I would call it. I prefer to be realistic and optimistically cautious. After 3 wins and a dominant defeat over KC I am getting there. But regular season wins dont cut it for at this point. This team should be going deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis yearly.

I can see your point, but you should also try to enjoy the regular season while it's here.

Football season is short enough without making it seemingly meaningless if they didn't make it to or win in the playoffs.

Enjoy the journey along the way too. We put too much energy into it, not to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can see your point, but you should also try to enjoy the regular season while it's here.

Football season is short enough without making it seemingly meaningless if they didn't make it to or win in the playoffs.

Enjoy the journey along the way too. We put too much energy into it, not to.

I do enjoy the season. Unfortunately the Cowboys always bomb in the playoffs. To me these should be games they are winning.