We don't need a WR , we need a new scheme!

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I genuinely believe if you have

Ceedee, Tolbert, and Simi on this field the offense would look a lot better.

Rotation should always have one of the 4.

CD, Tolbert, Simi , Brown

If the others aren't good enough to see the field they need to trade for someone

Noah Brown is hurt, and James Washington isn't back. They should be able to see the field and do something. Remember folks..Jalen Tolbert is not a guy that needs polish ...he has speed, size, has good hands, and can run routes.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys had 6919 yards. 4800 passing and 2119 rushing.

Did you look at the stats? Clearly the Cowboys had the best offense in the league.

More yards than TB, BUF, KC and any other team.

Special teams yards and TD's don't count towards the offense in any way.

Yards doesn’t equate to points on the board.

And ESPN includes pick 6s and fumble returns did TDs in offensive scoring.

Further, Winston threw for 5019 yards in TB in 2019, leading the league in passing yardage. It didn’t make him the best QB in the league nor was TB the best passing offense in football.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The NFC east used to suck for the most part too, now they have one of the best division records in the NFL. No more feasting on weak team to pump up our offensive stats.
So, I guess we’re the only team that played weak teams. OK. LOL

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yards doesn’t equate to points on the board.

And ESPN includes pick 6s and fumble returns did TDs in offensive scoring.

Further, Winston threw for 5019 yards in TB in 2019, leading the league in passing yardage. It didn’t make him the best QB in the league nor was TB the best passing offense in football.
How many interceptions did he throw that season? If I’m not mistaken (without looking it up), it was in excess of 30.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
So, I guess we’re the only team that played weak teams. OK. LOL
No, were the only team that had 6 games against divisional weak team, plus a scattering of other weak teams also.

Since the NFC east was the worst division in football over the last few years, except this year, it is only logical that our offense feasted on theses weak teams. The stats prove this out also.

So to answer your question, yes, we had an easier schedule than most, just like the Patriots had it easy for many years with the Jets, Buffalo and Miami not being strong teams during their dynasty.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Honestly wouldn't be able to tell if he is gone, can barely tell he's in the game when he's playing

We are watching different Cowboy games . 20 plus downfield on the receiving end is 88 just about every time . Did you miss the OT TD catch against NE or this year that spectacular TD catch Cooper Rush tossed to him against the Giants .

Lamb right now is the singular downfield threat I’m hoping to see Gallup make an appearance against Chicago . I have zero complaints on Lamb . I see Jerry pulling a franchise tag contract on 88 when it’s time.,

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I genuinely believe if you have

Ceedee, Tolbert, and Simi on this field the offense would look a lot better.

Rotation should always have one of the 4.

CD, Tolbert, Simi , Brown

If the others aren't good enough to see the field they need to trade for someone

Noah Brown is hurt, and James Washington isn't back. They should be able to see the field and do something. Remember folks..Jalen Tolbert is not a guy that needs polish ...he has speed, size, has good hands, and can run routes.
huh?

what have tolbert and Simi done to make you feel that combination would be better?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We are watching different Cowboy games . 20 plus downfield on the receiving end is 88 just about every time . Did you miss the OT TD catch against NE or this year that spectacular TD catch Cooper Rush tossed to him against the Giants .

Lamb right now is the singular downfield threat I’m hoping to see Gallup make an appearance against Chicago . I have zero complaints on Lamb . I see Jerry pulling a franchise tag contract on 88 when it’s time.,

You're saying it like rush didn't have big plays for us

RonWashington

Reaction score
You're saying it like rush didn't have big plays for us

I thought Rush played very well for Dallas . I thought this was a WR thread . Been complimentary of Rush throughout . Lamb has to be targeted by either 4 or 10 and when he is the refs signal FIRST DOWN .

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I would love more crossing routes
It’s the hardest route to cover and allows the reciever a better chance at attacking the defender in space
Works against man, but the issue is getting good plays against zone. Putting defenders in conflict to make for easier reads. All offenses have plays that put a defender in conflict. The great offenses have multiple reads that make it easier.

conner01

Reaction score
Works against man, but the issue is getting good plays against zone. Putting defenders in conflict to make for easier reads. All offenses have plays that put a defender in conflict. The great offenses have multiple reads that make it easier.
Experienced receivers find the open spot in zone
But our scheme does need more options and creativity
I’d be figuring out a way to get tarpin involved some and I’d be figuring out a way to get pollard more involved in passing game. The ball in his hands in space is a big play waiting to happen

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, if the guys are not open by a yard of more shakey will not throw in his direction. shrugs.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I think the OP is right. Our slow starts and no starts started when Moore took over in 2019. Dallas used to have a better gameplan. Our run game is boring. Whatever happened to the delayed draw? Zeke would be the perfect back for that. Do a few more toss plays. That's where pollard comes in. Enough with this right up the middle 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

If I ever see another Jason Garrett delayed draw again I will EXPLODE. WORST PLAY EVER. Followed by lateral pass to to receiver at the line of scrimmage which was also TERRIBLE.