We don't need a WR , we need a new scheme!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's huge irony that when Moore was interviewed a year or 2 ago that his entire intention was what you describe here. The multiple plays out of same formation looks.

Now it looks like it's absolutely telegraphed predictability.

Same issues they have had for years all the way back to...Linehan, KM's mentor.

erod

Reaction score
Fire Linehan!

Fire Garrett!

Fire Moore!

Hmmm, who's the common denominator?

The next OC is already doomed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Forget about wasting draft capital for a player. The person that needs to be traded or gone is Kellen Moore. Season after season the offense struggles with basic game plans. Kellen Moore seems to get worse every season.

We've made the trade for Coop we've drafted players, yet we still struggle to score and have a basic attack on offense. One that actually makes a defensive coordinator have nightmares. Please give your thoughts...
your right in that another wr probably wont help much, and unless he runs routes better than our current guys.
kellen the schemes and play designs are mostly bad, and our wr run sloppy lazy routes that make no sense to me.
No innovation, no formations where they run a lot of plays off same formation. and kellen does not know how to use
his run game.

Amari helped when he came here because he ran sharp routes, but then after they got lamb his targets went down, and he lost interest.

75boyz

Reaction score
Fire Linehan!

Fire Garrett!

Fire Moore!

The next one's gotta be promoted to HC first. Like Garrett. THEN, after a few years of failure he can be fired.
One step at a time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fire Linehan!

Fire Garrett!

Fire Moore!

good point lol, maybe they just hire a lot of bad people for OC?

But actually I liked linehan, I think he got screwed by having JG as Hc and meddling, then lost murray, then romo, and all the while
having the worst defenses ever lol.
With a better defense , cowboys win 2014 nfc champ, catch or no catch.
Then 2018, was again no defense.

Linehan was the best OC cowboys have had since 20007

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still several more threads to go before you bring the QB into every thread, then you can sit back and have brewski and call it a day.
I made a comment tongue in cheek
You made it personal, check yourself.

erod

Reaction score
good point lol, maybe they just hire a lot of bad people for OC?

But actually I liked linehan, I think he got screwed by having JG as Hc and meddling, then lost murray, then romo, and all the while
having the worst defenses ever lol.
With a better defense , cowboys win 2014 nfc champ, catch or no catch.
Then 2018, was again no defense.

Linehan was the best OC cowboys have had since 20007
We celebrated Linehan in the beginning. I'm just saying.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Funny.

Things are different across the league.

Kellen Moore helped us go 4-1 with the backup QB, and kept our season alive.

And some people apparently think it's the scheme in Dallas that needs to change.

The truth is, defenses are just better this year. Look at Brady, Rodgers, etcetera. If you think this is still the same passing league it once was, you haven't learned much from this season.

Here's a great article on what's going on in the NFL right now. And if you're up to speed on what's happening, you know it has nothing to do with Kellen Moore.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/...nsive-decline-superstar-quarterbacks-run-game

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yes. I just don't think any of it has to do with losing Cooper.

It's the fact that defenses are playing more zone coverage and giving up short yardage in exchange for not giving up the long plays..

That's happening across the league. Not just in Dallas.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This team does not need another WR, lets go check first who is actually available.
Bust Toney just went to the Chiefs that gave up significant draft capital, no way the Jones are interested in WR acquisition at the going rate of WRs.
RBs can however be had at a cheaper price.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Forget about wasting draft capital for a player. The person that needs to be traded or gone is Kellen Moore. Season after season the offense struggles with basic game plans. Kellen Moore seems to get worse every season.

We've made the trade for Coop we've drafted players, yet we still struggle to score and have a basic attack on offense. One that actually makes a defensive coordinator have nightmares. Please give your thoughts...
Other than Ceedee Lamb, I don’t like any of our receivers. We definitely need a new scheme and play caller, but this receiving corps is garbage and bottom of our own division imo. Even Gallup has always been a guy who shows up for a big play or toe drag from time to time, but he’s not a good #2.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

I came into this thread just to give you a like. It won't matter what WR we bring in if we don't create a scheme to take advantage of their skills and mismatches.