We don't need a WR , we need a new scheme!

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
My problem with Moore is that he seems to just throw away a couple of possessions every game, like a tennis player will just lose a set to catch their breath.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Forget about wasting draft capital for a player. The person that needs to be traded or gone is Kellen Moore. Season after season the offense struggles with basic game plans. Kellen Moore seems to get worse every season.

We've made the trade for Coop we've drafted players, yet we still struggle to score and have a basic attack on offense. One that actually makes a defensive coordinator have nightmares. Please give your thoughts...
i watched this from last year, it is a good breakdown of our offense and QB. You can see things Moore needs to work on and things he and qb coach should be working with Dak on:

(103) Dallas and Dak Don't Show Up – NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend | Kurt Warner Game Tape Breakdown - YouTube

75boyz

Reaction score
lol if that happens, it will be a mess.

Lol, It's already a mess with this hot potato blame game between QB and OC.

Just gotta wait on the Kellen promotion and Dak's well deserved mega extension.

Good times awaitin'.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thsts because they count defense and special teams TDs in those numbers.
The Cowboys had 6919 yards. 4800 passing and 2119 rushing.

Did you look at the stats? Clearly the Cowboys had the best offense in the league.

More yards than TB, BUF, KC and any other team.

Special teams yards and TD's don't count towards the offense in any way.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Funny.

Things are different across the league.

Kellen Moore helped us go 4-1 with the backup QB, and kept our season alive.

And some people apparently think it's the scheme in Dallas that needs to change.

The truth is, defenses are just better this year. Look at Brady, Rodgers, etcetera. If you think this is still the same passing league it once was, you haven't learned much from this season.

Here's a great article on what's going on in the NFL right now. And if you're up to speed on what's happening, you know it has nothing to do with Kellen Moore.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/...nsive-decline-superstar-quarterbacks-run-game

I agree that Kellen did a good job game planning with a limited QB, but let’s not kid ourselves…

The defense and special teams led us to being 4-1 with Rush.

I’m not a fan of Moore. He’s just so incredibly inconsistent. Running Zeke outside when he no longer has speed, barely ever calls screens for Pollard and zero crossing routes.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's huge irony that when Moore was interviewed a year or 2 ago that his entire intention was what you describe here. The multiple plays out of same formation looks.

Now it looks like it's absolutely telegraphed predictability.

I would love to be a defense game planning for us, it would take me 12 minutes for my guys to study

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Don't know what to make of Moore at all. Early last year I thought he finally was starting to figure things out. We maintained that number one ranking based on the beginning. Our offense was not good at all half way through to the end. That was very misleading when in the playoffs they were still calling us the leagues NO.1 offense - we weren't and hadn't been that for awhile. If he happens to make a good call and we get a big gain, he never does it again. He goes to goofy trick plays or plays the other team seems to know is coming. If we start running the ball good, he stops running the ball and kills the drives with incomplete passes we don't need to keep forcing. He drives me nuts. I was hoping based on that number 1 ranking last year that someone would have hired him away from us, lol. Oh well.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If the ground game keeps going, the passing game is good enough. Another RB would do more for the offense than another WR. It ain't as exciting to watch, but as long as we don't turn the ball over, our D will keep us in the game against anyone.

Two things . Who’s backing up Pollard on Sunday . Hoping to see Malik Davis get the rock a handful of times but this team seems to have a Rico Dowdle fixation . Get someone who hits the hole for positive yards and doesn’t dance around .

And yes wasting draft capital on a WR when a bye week is coming up and surely James Washington should be good to go by the GB Minn road games coming up . Then you have a 3rd round pick in Tolbert collecting dust , what is the deal folks ? MM field any questions on his development ?

RonWashington

Reaction score
And for those posters who complain about 88 I don’t know what games your watching . He’s the main downfield threat on this offense until Gallup hopefully starts looking like 13 used to look .

Jamar Chase out 4-6 weeks in Bengal land with hip injury , losing Lamb in the passing game would be a disaster let’s hope he’s getting all the Spinach he needs at the buffet line at the Star in Frisco , man is slight of build takes a pounding .

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Forget about wasting draft capital for a player. The person that needs to be traded or gone is Kellen Moore. Season after season the offense struggles with basic game plans. Kellen Moore seems to get worse every season.

We've made the trade for Coop we've drafted players, yet we still struggle to score and have a basic attack on offense. One that actually makes a defensive coordinator have nightmares. Please give your thoughts...

The biggest headscratcher for me is when KM apologized for not giving Gallup more attempts/catches....as if every receiver should be used equally.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No, we need a true 1WR. It was a huge mistake to dismiss Amari Cooper.

Id argue that you need the receiving corp to suit the QB. Would Dak favor a true no.1 or a decent corp (and especially TE's) that give him numerous options?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And for those posters who complain about 88 I don’t know what games your watching . He’s the main downfield threat on this offense until Gallup hopefully starts looking like 13 used to look .

Jamar Chase out 4-6 weeks in Bengal land with hip injury , losing Lamb in the passing game would be a disaster let’s hope he’s getting all the Spinach he needs at the buffet line at the Star in Frisco , man is slight of build takes a pounding .

Honestly wouldn't be able to tell if he is gone, can barely tell he's in the game when he's playing

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Two things . Who’s backing up Pollard on Sunday . Hoping to see Malik Davis get the rock a handful of times but this team seems to have a Rico Dowdle fixation . Get someone who hits the hole for positive yards and doesn’t dance around .

And yes wasting draft capital on a WR when a bye week is coming up and surely James Washington should be good to go by the GB Minn road games coming up . Then you have a 3rd round pick in Tolbert collecting dust , what is the deal folks ? MM field any questions on his development ?

Rico doesn't dance that much he does get yards, he's a big back that is more agile than Zeke I hope to see him and how things go or even with Davis

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Moore is burning garbage as an OC and backup QB.

What we need is to draft another star RB , and get an OC .[/QUOTE

One that will make us want to run the ball because he's making big plays, instead of just trying to run over people

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don’t necessarily disagree about Moore, but just last year we were the # 1 offense in the league from both a yardage and scoring standpoint.
The NFC east used to suck for the most part too, now they have one of the best division records in the NFL. No more feasting on weak team to pump up our offensive stats.