1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

We have a hard time getting to the SB because of draft position

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Jan 14, 2020.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,376 Messages
    18,550 Likes Received
    Garoppolo is a better thrower of the ball tgan Dak. If you can’t see that you’re beyond help. this season there have been multiple times where teams have forced the Niners to throw to win a Jimmy G has delivered. He has his team in the playoffs where Dak couldn’t even do it against a team (Eagles) whose CBs we’re bagging groceries the week before. Jimmy G is already in the NFCCG and will likely get to and win the SB this year , things Dak has never done. Any respectable GM in the NFL would take Garoppolo over Dak. You think the Niners would trade Garoppolo for Dak?

BoysForLife likes this.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

25,039 Messages
    11,839 Likes Received
    So basically you are just making stuff up and have absolutely 0 understanding of how coaching influences QB play. 10-4

3. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

648 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received

Dallas draft position since 2010:

2010- 24th
    2011- 9th
    2012- 6th
    2013- 31st
    2014- 16th
    2015- 27th
    2016- 4th
    2017- 28th
    2018- 19th
    2019- traded away for Amari Cooper
    2020- 17th

You can make any argument you want regarding Dallas' draft position yet New England has had very late 1st round draft positions and yet consistently is in the playoffs/Super Bowl. You can't blame draft position but instead drafting. Dallas blew draft capitol on the likes of CB Claiborne and DE Charlton in the last 11 years and traded away their 2019 1st round pick for Amari Cooper.

4. visionary

19,376 Messages
    18,550 Likes Received
    Wah wah
    It’s not poor Dak’s fault that he can’t hit the broadside of a barn

Wah wah

gotcha

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

17,623 Messages
    11,742 Likes Received
    we had a 4th pick in the draft and blew it by drafting a RB,i dont trust this FO to do the right thing even if they have a top pick.

6. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

10,189 Messages
    7,111 Likes Received
    They are but the difference being, the Pats are most of the time in the SB and winning. My co worker, who is a big stealers fan said this year, if the Pats are in the SB this year he would not watch. So I know he is ecstatic this year.

7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

25,039 Messages
    11,839 Likes Received
    The fact that you referenced this and think it matters exemplifies my point. You have no idea what you're talking about.

8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,729 Messages
    56,497 Likes Received
    Interesting question. Considering what it takes to earn the top pick or trade for the top pick. Both ways are pretty painful. I'd honestly rather be picking at 32.

But I'm guessing there are some on here would complain about that also. Even if it means the Cowboys just won the super Bowl.

beware_d-ware and Verdict like this.
  9. visionary

19,376 Messages
    18,550 Likes Received
    Apparently throwing accurately doesn’t matter for a QB in @Future Dak-stan land

:facepalm:

10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

25,039 Messages
    11,839 Likes Received

He's accurate, especially for someone throwing the ball down the field like he does.

beware_d-ware likes this.
  11. visionary

19,376 Messages
    18,550 Likes Received
    LOL, please bother to actually look at the stats you are posting. On that reference Garoppolo is above Dak. Kinda makes your argument irrelevant and thanx for making my point that Garoppolo is better and more accurate as a passer

:thumbup::lmao2:

12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

25,039 Messages
    11,839 Likes Received
    B/c Garoppolo doesn't throw the ball down the field, you're just too lazy to understand the diference in system.. His air yards is 44.8%. Dak's is 60.4%. If we do downfield passes:

13. visionary

19,376 Messages
    18,550 Likes Received
    Repeat after me: Garoppolo is MORE accurate than Dak

best part is I’m using stats you posted because youre too lazy to look, LOL

your stats
    :laugh:

Now new excuses are being made
    :lmao:keep moving those goalposts

14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

25,039 Messages
    11,839 Likes Received
    The fact that Dak throws the ball way further isn't an excuse. It's the reality of how quarterbacks rack up accuracy numbers in the NFL.

I'm not too lazy too look, I just don't care if Garoppolo is slightly more accurate, because he's asked to make throws that highschoolers can. The point is that Dak is accurate relative to the rest of the league.

15. 9of11

9of11 Well-Known Member

2,138 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    I read somewhere that SF had 16 wins total for the past 6 or 7 years..until this year....They have been sucking for a while and all those draft picks are finally paying off. They have the right staff to get them to perform and make them better. On the other hand, during that span our worse record has been 4-12 since JG took over full time. We have been 8-8 or better during SF sucking phase...We've drafted the same position or close to it for all that time while SF has been having high draft picks. I was hoping that we would win our 6th Super Bowl before SF but that doesnt look like its going to happen. SF has been given the Super Bowl...I'm cheering and hoping KC can get there and win it all.

Verdict likes this.
  16. visionary

19,376 Messages
    18,550 Likes Received
    Like usual moving the goalposts when stats you yourself posted show you were wrong, Garoppolo is more accurate than Dak

:laugh:

Your initial statement was

“the 9ers have way less talent than the cowboys”

I’ll let your own statement stand in all its ignorance

17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,211 Messages
    49,281 Likes Received
    Patriots...

18. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

9,255 Messages
    7,489 Likes Received
    Nick bosa?

Verdict likes this.
  19. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,671 Messages
    15,199 Likes Received
    You got me on that one. I’m not one of them, but I wholeheartedly agree.

20. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,671 Messages
    15,199 Likes Received
    While that IS true they don’t do well because they draft low. They do well in spite of drafting low.