trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Marist LiufauLB Notre Dame
NFL-team-logo

Walter RouseOT Oklahoma
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Isaiah WilliamsWR Illinois

mid round pick would work. not sure if were going to go all in on 1 in FA or not

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen does not make the decisions. No matter how much you want to pretend that he does.
Absolutely correct. Jerry may allow Stephen more input than he once did, but ultimately every decision is Jerry's to make

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is the least of my concerns........tons of options between free agency and draft. Besides it's not like they are a priority in MM scheme.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Absolutely correct. Jerry may allow Stephen more input than he once did, but ultimately every decision is Jerry's to make
If the story is correct from the draft, when Stephen got the phone call and did not even know who the player was, then did not even discuss it with anyone, we are in for another 30 years of the same if not worse.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
The draft is the correct answer. If the market for Henry or Barkley is dry, I'd strongly consider bringing one of them in as a stop gap, and team them up with a promising rookie for a year or two.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
This is the least of my concerns........tons of options between free agency and draft. Besides it's not like they are a priority in MM scheme.
This was the thought process last season and it burned us, badly. Sure, you can find good backs in the draft, but that means actually picking one, and not sitting around, hoping one falls to the next round. Dak is a much better QB with a strong running game. Everyone in Dallas knows this. Establishing the ground game needs to be a priority this offseason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The draft is the correct answer. If the market for Henry or Barkley is dry, I'd strongly consider bringing one of them in as a stop gap, and team them up with a promising rookie for a year or two.
The $5m wasted on Trance plus another $3M most likely would have gotten us Henry for 2024, but Trance was a great investment. He is young and has potential. He just needs to sit and watch for a few more years.

Also would have been nice to have our 4th to pick a new RB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If the story is correct from the draft, when Stephen got the phone call and did not even know who the player was, then did not even discuss it with anyone, we are in for another 30 years of the same if not worse.
The logic is correct but I’d have to think if they don’t win between now and when Jerry is out of the picture, I can’t see the kid insisting on it being him alone running it all.

Stephen isn’t the guy that has to prove that his college roommate wasn’t the man behind all the success, although he does think he is great at what he does. Results notwithstanding.

He will hire someone to run it all eventually, but will likely veto most big FA signings, deeming them “not worth it,” but let’s see what happens.

I can see it being the same, I can see him saying it was run that way because that’s how Jerry wanted it, now we change….etc, although that’s probably more about the desperate hope I’m trying to find these days.

Mannix

Reaction score
Barkley is trash....EXACTLY why I keep saying that we'll end up with him!