We have no RB1 in 2024

Mr_437

Reaction score
Better work on run blocking/scheme no matter the RB
:thumbup:they still haven't gone out and hired a run game coordinator. Somebody needs to come in and help Solari n McCarthy figure out how to draw up run plays.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Why do we need one? The days of the workhorse back died a decade ago

Chasing6

Reaction score
We are not getting Henry folks. Stephen will not do it. Too much money. what’s the solution?
Save the RB1 money and use it on the OLine permanently. Draft a RB every 2 years. RB by committee. Keep them young, hungry and fresh. Trade them or let them walk. No extensions.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't know why they paid Emmitt when they could've just used Lincoln Coleman or Sherman Williams. LOL The line was that good. Unless they draft a guy in the 2nd or higher.. even then it's a crapshoot. But the crowd talking about just fixing the line will be seriously disappointed once again in January when it's all on Dak to shoulder the load. At least it won't really be a surprise.

This is a golden opportunity to go get Derrick Henry. There isn't a single back in this draft who can do what he does. A RB with double digit TDs 6 straight years. More runs over 50 yards than the entire league combined. And you can still draft a RB.. and you can still fix the line. You want a legit running game, it's here for the taking. This could be a back breaker for opposing defenses.

Derrick Henry has an unbelievable 20 plays with 50 yards or more is gained,

14 plays of 60 yards or more

7 plays of 70 yards or more

10 TDs scored 60 yards or more

99 yard TD run --Jax 2018
94 yard TD run --Hou 2020
76 yard TD run --Buff 2021
75 yard TD run --Hou 2017
75 yard TD catch --Cle 2019
74 yard TD run --Jax 2019
72 yard TD run --Indy 2017
69 yard run --Jax 2024
69 yard catch --Cin 2922
68 yard TD run --KC 2019
66 yard run ---BAL 2020 Playoffs
66 yard TD catch ---Jax 2017
63 yard run --BAL 2023
60 yard TD run --Sea 2021
56 yard run ---KC 2022
54 yard TD run ---Jax 2018
53 yard TD run ---Hou 2019
53 yard catch ----Hou 2020
52 yard TD run ---Hou 2021
50 yard run ---Jax 2022

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't know why they paid Emmitt when they could've just used Lincoln Coleman or Sherman Williams. LOL The line was that good. Unless they draft a guy in the 2nd or higher.. even then it's a crapshoot. But the crowd talking about just fixing the line will be seriously disappointed once again in January when it's all on Dak to shoulder the load. At least it won't really be a surprise.

This is a golden opportunity to go get Derrick Henry. There isn't a single back in this draft who can do what he does. A RB with double digit TDs 6 straight years. More runs over 50 yards than the entire league combined. And you can still draft a RB.. and you can still fix the line. You want a legit running game, it's here for the taking. This could be a back breaker for opposing defenses.

Derrick Henry has an unbelievable 20 plays with 50 yards or more is gained,

14 plays of 60 yards or more

7 plays of 70 yards or more

10 TDs scored 60 yards or more

99 yard TD run --Jax 2018
94 yard TD run --Hou 2020
76 yard TD run --Buff 2021
75 yard TD run --Hou 2017
75 yard TD catch --Cle 2019
74 yard TD run --Jax 2019
72 yard TD run --Indy 2017
69 yard run --Jax 2024
69 yard catch --Cin 2922
68 yard TD run --KC 2019
66 yard run ---BAL 2020 Playoffs
66 yard TD catch ---Jax 2017
63 yard run --BAL 2023
60 yard TD run --Sea 2021
56 yard run ---KC 2022
54 yard TD run ---Jax 2018
53 yard TD run ---Hou 2019
53 yard catch ----Hou 2020
52 yard TD run ---Hou 2021
50 yard run ---Jax 2022
Why did we let Pollard basically sit early in his career and not prolong Zeke's?

Jeruh seems to be more interested in selling jersey's or he believes SB's are won by a handful of highly paid players.

I do not believe GM Jeruh does any research and see how SB winning teams are constructed. How many high paid WR's did KC have? How many did a Brady play with?

If you have $60M for a WR group is it better to have 6 making $10M each? Or is it better to have 1 making $30M, 1 at $10M and the rest at $4M.

I don't even believe Jeruh has a strategy and if he does he does not follow it and wings it with gut instincts.

Big_D

Reaction score
Why did we let Pollard basically sit early in his career and not prolong Zeke's?

Jeruh seems to be more interested in selling jersey's or he believes SB's are won by a handful of highly paid players.

I do not believe GM Jeruh does any research and see how SB winning teams are constructed. How many high paid WR's did KC have? How many did a Brady play with?

If you have $60M for a WR group is it better to have 6 making $10M each? Or is it better to have 1 making $30M, 1 at $10M and the rest at $4M.

I don't even believe Jeruh has a strategy and if he does he does not follow it and wings it with gut instincts.

It doesn't seem like there is a really strategy or long term planning. Kind of winging it with that same idea that you have a shot every year but never really do.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like there is a really strategy or long term planning. Kind of winging it with that same idea that you have a shot every year but never really do.
Sad part, is we are not really that far off with a GM that has no idea what he is doing after winning 3 SB's and 30 years latter.

Jeruh = Al Davis

Hardline

Reaction score
We will have to use a 3rd round pick on a RB. They will fly off the board in the 4th round where we don't have a pick.

rambo2

Reaction score
The strategy is to sign a veteran and draft one. They hope to win 12 games again and get the 1 spot this time and win in the playoffs.

Big_D

Reaction score
The strategy is to sign a veteran and draft one. They hope to win 12 games again and get the 1 spot this time and win in the playoffs.

We thought that was the strategy last year. Ronald Jones and a very undersized 5th rounder? Is that what we're waiting on for a Super Bowl run? I'm hoping the best for Schoonmaker, but a 2nd TE and more of a blocker is something you should be looking for in free agency not taking in the 2nd round. Pressing needs constantly get overlooked. I don't see this year being any different from the bargain hunting we've grown accustomed to.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Is Pollard still signed? He was one of the best RB later in the season when he recovered from his injury. Who does KC have at RB that's so good?

rambo2

Reaction score
We thought that was the strategy last year. Ronald Jones and a very undersized 5th rounder? Is that what we're waiting on for a Super Bowl run? I'm hoping the best for Schoonmaker, but a 2nd TE and more of a blocker is something you should be looking for in free agency not taking in the 2nd round. Pressing needs constantly get overlooked. I don't see this year being any different from the bargain hunting we've grown accustomed to.
They will be able to sign a better veteran and draft a good back at 87.