We have no RB1 in 2024

jay94

Reaction score
You don't need one, I'm ok giving a discounted contract to Pollard, but paying above 6mil for anyone would be a mistake, look at the paid rb super bowl winners. The line makes the run game, the line made Zeke.

Sydla

Reaction score
NFL-team-logo

Graham BartonOG Duke
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Cedric GrayLB North Carolina
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Kris JenkinsDT Michigan
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Will ShipleyRB Clemson
NFL-team-logo

Jaden DavisCB Miami (FL)
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Marist LiufauLB Notre Dame
NFL-team-logo

Walter RouseOT Oklahoma
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Isaiah WilliamsWR Illinois

mid round pick would work. not sure if were going to go all in on 1 in FA or not
Shipley? Ehhhhh.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dive into the draft and just draft one for crying out loud RB is the easiest position to draft, grade schoolers could even get it right in todays game.
Why is this even a challenge to get this right is beyond baffling.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want upgrades at running back?
Upgrading your OLine automatically upgrades your RB situation. RB's performance historically drops after their 4th year. Are their exceptions, absolutely.

NE won multiple SB without having a high profile RB and used a committee approach. I am a fan of plagiarizing what works especially when it is cost effective.

The drop in the RB position has indicated the rest of the league has figure that out. The same for drop in 1st round RB's being take in the draft.

We can easily find good RB's in the middle rounds. It is very difficult and cost prohibited to find a RB that can do it all. If and when you do you end up wearing them down too quickly and they demand a big contract because of their stats from being over the used.

I would prefer to use 3 RB's ny committee and use them accordingly to their strengths and your opponents weaknesses from week to week.

If one gets hurt you have 2 more. 3 backs doing the job of one is significantly cheaper than paying one to do all 3.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The draft is the correct answer. If the market for Henry or Barkley is dry, I'd strongly consider bringing one of them in as a stop gap, and team them up with a promising rookie for a year or two.
Nobody pays old Rbs in this league anymore unless they are contenders that somehow need one.
Most contending teams have secured the position already.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You don't need one, I'm ok giving a discounted contract to Pollard, but paying above 6mil for anyone would be a mistake, look at the paid rb super bowl winners. The line makes the run game, the line made Zeke.
I think Zeke was special before we ran him into the ground, and we had a solid OLine as well. It just frustrates me why we drafted Pollard and let him basically sit for 2 years. We do the same thing with the TE position.

You would think when you draft someone high top 3 rounds, you would have a plan to use them immediately. Otherwise you are just wasting the entire point of cheaper labor in the draft.

coult44

Reaction score
We are not getting Henry folks. Stephen will not do it. Too much money. what’s the solution?
2024 season hasn’t even began official business yet . It’s even way too early for me to have to utter the words calm down lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don't worry, the brainless trust will tag Pollard again. Even though they have no current cap room to do so.
Don't think so.
Don't think the market for Pollard will nearly justify a 2nd tag in a row.
May still sign him.
But won't tag him again.

Spotrac has him at 2 years, 13mil.
I'd probably take that. Of course, I think I'd use Pollard more productively than they do too. For how they use him, I wouldn't take that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not necessarily tied to the guy I just feel bigger needs are C, LB and DT I’d rather pick up another in FA.

Fix the scheme and Line is the bigger issue
No. Scrubs at RB.

Draft RB1 in the 1st round. There are 3 on the board that are immediate starters.

Trade up if we have to.

Fix the problem.

Big_D

Reaction score
This idea that you just “fix the line” and any draft pick will do is hilarious! This Oline is in a constant state of flux, but I’m sure they’ll have everything ironed out by April?!

starfan1

Reaction score
No. Scrubs at RB.

Draft RB1 in the 1st round. There are 3 on the board that are immediate starters.

Trade up if we have to.

Fix the problem.
the problem isnt just the talent at RB its both RB because of his injury (TP) and we had issue at Center and RT that prevent us from running effectively. Not sure the blocking schemes were effective either. I definately am not on board with trading up for a RB we have larger needs at LB and DT and arguably OL. Im going with the OG from Duke Barton or JPJ from oregon or best DT available long before Im going RB and if for some reason the LB from texas A&M is around id take him before RB

Id be more apt to trade down then up we need capital. That being sad you need a partner to dance with in either scenario