We Have Ourselves A Defense

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It has been a long, long time since I’ve see a defense in Dallas like this. They’re really good and will continue to grow as the season goes on.

I’ve seen the Dallas D go whole games without a TFL or a sack. Now, I’m disappointed if they don’t have one on every drive.

Parsons is just unreal, the coverage is better than it has been since… I don’t know when, and the safeties are really good.

Keeping Brady and Burrow contained is incredibly difficult. When this defense isn’t facing one of the best QB’s in the league, they really will keep the score down. 19 to Brady and 17 to Burrow… in this offensive explosion era is just about impossible.

You don’t have to have an offense that is lighting it up as long as you have a defense like this one.

As a long time defensive guy… I have really missed this.

They will keep us in nearly every game. They did it last season when the offense fell off too. If we can revert back to a ball control offense to keep the defense fresh and eat clock, this defense should be able to carry us home.

Our offense has shown that it will be able to run the ball this year. The line has been surprisingly good getting push up front against two good defensive lines so far. If we are going to make the playoffs with this roster we likely are going to need to be a top-10 rushing team with an efficient passing game going for approximately 200-250 yards a game with a TD.

Another encouraging sign is that they are doing this without getting turnovers like they were last season. In games when they give the offense a few short fields I think we can beat anyone if we lean into the ball control identity. This team CAN make the playoffs if our coaching is smart enough to embrace the defense and ball control strategy. If Moore gets pass happy with Cooper Rush (or Dak really) and these receivers we could be in trouble.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Wilson had himself a game.

Hits harder than any LB on team.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
I'll be honest, still not sold on this defense. Brady was missing 3 starters on his oline and Burrows was sacked 7 times last game and 6 times this game, he's on pace to get sacked 110 times. Parsons is a beast tho

Brady is the GOAT, so 3 starters missing on his o-line isn't an excuse, next man up, they're all paid professionals. As a matter of fact thats not an excuse for any starting quarterback, they supposed to be able to elevate the players around them no matter what..... Thats what ive been told on this board....

All jokes aside, our defense will get better and better as the season plays out. Micah scared the hell out of me when he was limping around in the game tho.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This pass defense has got the goods. Not only with the starters, but the depth is freaking fantastic.

The Bengals can spread you out with 3 quality WRs, and our coverage against all of them was airtight. It's not like we doubled Ja'Marr and let Tyler Boyd catch a bunch of slants... we shut them all down, and brought the rush on Burrow all day.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yep, they look legit.

Actually, I believe they would have had this defense last season if it hadn't been for devastating injuries all along the defensive line. The entire interior got wiped out for long periods of time. Urban, Gallimore, Hill, Lawrence, Gregory......it got so bad that there were times when the D-line on the field were four rookies.

When you add Barr and Fowler, and perhaps even Williams, this defense could end up being downright historic.

Micah Parsons is our Bob Lilly, our Randy White, our Charles Haley.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loving the defense, having hope for the offense finally.
This defense will need a name soon
Yeah, it's that damn good

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes the defense is playing great so far

I’m still not sold in our DTs and ability to stop a really good run game

both teams we have played so far have had mediocre OLs
Not many good offensive lines in the league anymore. We play Philadelphia twice and they are considered the best. I think we match up with them pretty well though.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LVE and Barr are stopgap at LB.

But Cowboys back 7 and front 7 are capable of playing with any team right now.
Say hello to Clark and Cox next season. The Cowboys built this defense around Parsons.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
NO doubt the defense played great today. But that was the worst Oline in the NFL they destroyed.

Couldn’t be…they have the great LC on their line. I was told by no less than 20 members here we would rue the day LC was not a starter.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think I’ll reserve judgement till we see how we do against teams that have lines that aren’t in shambles
I do know Micah is the truth what he does helps the other 10 players he is the key

I’m gonna enjoy this win and yell at the tv on Monday . I’m gonna call them stupid in the game thread after stupid penalties

I’m gonna scream with joy when they score. I’m then going to come to the zone and watch the vitriol for our qb especially if rush is able to get a win
I know this much and that is we have 15 more weeks at least and I’m gonna enjoy it to the best of my ability because it’s my favorite time of the year and I have 0 control over the outcomes