we have the personnel... what exactly is the problem with our D?

locked&loaded

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1224097 said:
Zimmer is the one who never bothered to scheme for those rediculous swing passes. You know, the ones that beat us like a drum every other play.

lb should see it as a responsibility to cover out of the backfield. this is taught from a young age. there is a 11 on each side of the field, you can not throw 45 points on zimmers back. that is laughable.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
locked&loaded;1224131 said:
lb should see it as a responsibility to cover out of the backfield. this is taught from a young age. there is a 11 on each side of the field, you can not throw 45 points on zimmers back. that is laughable.

Whats laughable is that you are making excuses for him.

Ren

Reaction score
it's that stupid 2 deep zone that Zimmer loves so much,
someone put me in a koma or something and wake me up when he's been ran out of dallas

Bob Dole

Reaction score
This was Zimmer's waterloo. There's no way he can survive this with his job intact.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Bob Dole;1224103 said:
There's no reason to even argue about it anymore. The Zimmer nuthuggers have been trying to defend him for years. You can't defend what happened tonight, because tonight wasn't about missed tackles.

Tonight was about the fact that Sean Payton made Zimmer look like the ****** he is. He beat Mike Zimmer with a fricking FULLBACK who had no touchdown's in his career before scoring three tonight.

The Saints came in here with a gameplan to work the defense underneath and did exactly that, with Zimmer left befuddled and unable to make any adjustments to stop the offensive juggernaut known as Mike Carney.

Ding Ding!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Mash;1224072 said:
Our DE's are overrated.....Spears is not playing up to his 1rd status...

Our LB's are average.....Bradie James isnt a above average MLB.....

Our safties cant cover

Newman....Ware and Fegie are the only ones worth anything.....Roy is a player but not playing cover two....

On offence....our OL is average.......JJ is a good back but lacks vision....our WR's are very good but TO is overrated......or not used properly in this scheme.

Romo is what he is......a player playing in his first season as a starter that was undrafted......

Coaching has been average at best....no identiy....no emotion....

Its basically a man up vanilla defence...

In todays NFL....this may win you a playoff spot if the stars line up.....but it will never win u a championship.

JMHO
You guys are cooking with grease. IF this many fans can agree on something...then I am very condifent we cannot be that off base

We are easy to gameplan for on BOTH sides of the ball. Parcells will admit that he does not try to trick or disguise. We play you straight up and EXPECT our guy to beat your guy. A creative mind or a team with the right personell will beat you every time. And a team with 2 weeks to prepare will certainly beat you. We DO NOT get the QB to the ground NOR do we pressure him. We are not an elite defense. I have no idea how we get that ranking...I guess we play enough teams that suck....but we were taken to school badly tonight by guys that WILL never sniff the Pro Bowl.

Sean Payton was just brilliant....just brilliant

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
this no real 3-4 D, a real 3-4 D is supposed to confuse the O and get u turnovers n sacks and we do neither. We wont improve till we get a real D-Coodinator that can run a successful 3-4 D, Seriously is Parcells retarted??? for having a D-Coordinator that had never coached the 3-4 D before

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1224044 said:
i wonder if you said that on november 19th?

gimmie a break. it's a bad game. it happens.

Nov. 19? Oh yeah, the Colts game. Isn't that the same team that had just beat the Texans 17-16 and that got beat last week by the Titans and drilled yesterday by the Jags?

This just in, the Colts aren't the second coming of the greatest show on turf anymore.

Zimmer sucks.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
It's unbelievable we can have this many #1 picks and first day draftees on defense and still consistently look bad.

Even in crunch time last week we let the fricking Giants romp down the field for the tying TD.
Either our players are all overrated or it's a coaching problem. Or both.