Twitter: We have to act quick if we want Rivera

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
One of the weird parts of the Rooney rule is you can’t basically just offer RR a contract without interviewing him. Even though he’s a minority who you want to hire

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Considering Rivera had Cam Newton to work with I think I would be on board. There are others I would prefer but I think Rivera would be worth a 5 year contract.

Dak is a better passer than Cam IMO, and Rivera would let Dak be more natural in using his legs as well.

It is also possible my judgement is off after so many years of the Red cloud polluting this team as HC and OC.

Plankton

Reaction score
Rivera is a good coach. However, if he came to Dallas, the Joneses will not take the step back necessary to overcome their incompetence. The Cowboys need a coach that will do that.

quickccc

Reaction score
Rick " Goose" Gosslein made an interesting comment during his 1310 ticket interview in that Defensive HCs tend to oversee entire team
and phases more than Offensive HC's who seem to want to focus more on play calling and X's and O's of the offense.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sorry I just dont see Rivera as an auto pass.

I think he would be a good hire.

I'm of course intrigued by some of the bigger college names, but if I will not at all freak if Rivera is the guy.

That said, Jerry has no way of knowing if they are in the playoffs or not, so if Rivera expects to sign somewhere soon, it wont be here.

He is the best I can see of those w NFL experience but ok to the rest of you.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jacksonville could be a landing spot.

He has connections to nyg GM...could be there.

I like him.
good man.
solid coach.
I'd take him here but there are others ahead of him...Meyer...Riley...Petersen...that I'd prefer.

The owner came out today as said the rumors about them firing their Marrone are not true.

Not sure if it is true or not, it seems like he should be gone.

Also read that Marvin Lewis is on the short list for the Skins job.

Praxit

Reaction score
....I was looking up Rivera stats. They are similar to JG with the exception of the Super Bowl run year. He basically averages out to 8-8, if you take all 9 season.

Praxit

Reaction score
LOL.. Rivera is a failed head coach, I can't imagine anyone wanting him quite honestly. He would be okay a defensive coordinator though.. Hopefully Urban already has his flight booked on Monday to come in and tell Jerry how it's going to be.
..lol.. you mean, Jerry will be holding the cards telling Urban, this is how Texas is run. ;)...

nobody

Reaction score
Jerry act quick on anything? BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Not while there is still any chance of redeeming his choice in sticking with a bad HC.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Apparently the panthers got rid of him because he refused to embrace analytics so that’s a hard pass from me. But anything is better than Garrett lol