Twitter: We have to act quick if we want Rivera

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I think we can do better than that. That's not enough sizzle for Jerry anyway.
Right now Jerry is on his knees praying for a miracle so he can keep Garrett.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Joshua -the weasel- McDaniels,Riverboat Ron and Mike McCarthy should not be on our list none of them that good

johneric8

Reaction score
..lol.. you mean, Jerry will be holding the cards telling Urban, this is how Texas is run. ;)...
I'm not so sure man. I see a very distraught and down Jerry Jones right now, and I can see him realizing at least for a few seasons he has to let go of some of his control and idiosyncrasies.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'm not so sure man. I see a very distraught and down Jerry Jones right now, and I can see him realizing at least for a few seasons he has to let go of some of his control and idiosyncrasies.

Then he will do just like he did with the tuna once things are rolling and undermine the coach to get back in the spotlight again.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Will the next YES man stand and be accounted for!!
Jerry should just name himself the Head Coach and save on the salary!
You know it's funny, I've thought this for awhile now. Just name yourself head coach and do it already so you can fail and we can move on. Problem is Jerry is too much of a coward to put himself out there. He likes hiding behind puppets. He wants to coach but not take responsibility for the failures. Imo, that's why Garrett never takes responsibility. He learned it from Jerry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No thank you..

He’s had some good rosters and those teams have underachieved.

He shouldn’t even get the Browns job. I’d love it if he goes to Washington.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He's had more post-season success than Garrett but his "good year/bad year" pattern hits too close to home.

Pass.

Exactly. If the refs didn't screw Dez Bryant out of going to the NFC Championship game, there's a good chance nobody would want Rivera over Garrett.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know it's funny, I've thought this for awhile now. Just name yourself head coach and do it already so you can fail and we can move on. Problem is Jerry is too much of a coward to put himself out there. He likes hiding behind puppets. He wants to coach but not take responsibility for the failures. Imo, that's why Garrett never takes responsibility. He learned it from Jerry.

Yep, sole reason he did away with Jimmy how dare he steal Jerry's limelight.
You are correct Jerry likes to be the guy behind the guy - behind the the guy.
Like a mafia boss who wants to avoid prison!

willia451

Reaction score
It's fun to speculate.

But it's probably going to be Kellen Moore. We'll get a new DC and ST coach. Jason Witten will be brought in to coach and maybe Sean Lee as well if he retires.

JG gets a FO job in the corporation. Maybe Assistant GM. But disappears from the media. Just absorbed in the giant blob so to speak.

johneric8

Reaction score
Then he will do just like he did with the tuna once things are rolling and undermine the coach to get back in the spotlight again.
Yes that might be true bro, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to our Cowboys. If Urban or someone else comes in and gets things rolling and has us looking truly legit for a few years I'm okay with a short term success story.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The owner came out today as said the rumors about them firing their Marrone are not true.

Not sure if it is true or not, it seems like he should be gone.

Also read that Marvin Lewis is on the short list for the Skins job.
saw that about Lewis.

espn ran a crawler saying Marrone is gone...that was earlier today...don't know if they have changed that based on what the owner said.

the giants GM was with Rivera at carolina...thats why i think he goes there.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rivera's team has missed the playoffs for 5 straight years. Let's not bring him in to continue that here.