Twitter: We have to act quick if we want Rivera

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ron Rivera is a damned good football coach, and as good as we can hope for as long as Jerry is trying to run things his way.

You can all dream about some tough guy coming in here and restoring order, but you're pretty much smoking what Jerry is.

Rivera as not an option makes me even less optimistic about success anytime soon.

Gaede

Reaction score
Any coach that requires Kellen to stay on is not the coach I want. This team needs a complete culture refresh, not just a new guy to do press conferences

I'm worried that Rivera would be given Moore like Wade was given Garrett.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Its gotta be Giants now that I think of it.

Gettleman and him have ties, and this has probably been in the works for weeks.

The Garrett to NY thing was probably floated to deflect attention. Haha funny.

I have little to zero doubt Jerry screws this up also and we are looking at another full rebuild before this team has a chance again.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yes that might be true bro, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to our Cowboys. If Urban or someone else comes in and gets things rolling and has us looking truly legit for a few years I'm okay with a short term success story.

We would have no choice because we know what would and will happen, you can put lipstick on a pig but guess what?

johneric8

Reaction score
We would have no choice because we know what would and will happen, you can put lipstick on a pig but guess what?
I guess I'm confused by your statement... Wouldn't you rather have chance at a super bowl than not? What about this scenario because we all know anything is possible. What if Jerry hires Urban Meyer and gives him tons of control, and lets say Urban gets us to a super bowl in year two, would you not say that was a good move even if Urban exits year 3? I guess the bar is low, so if Jerry gives up some control and we get a few successful years I would think that would be better than the alternative right? Also, who is to say that Jerry's health prohibits him from being as hands on down the line! This could lead to Stephen taking over and possibly surprising us with him in that role..

I know we all fear much of the same with Stephen but until he is in charge I'm not going to automatically assume he is going to be Jerry #2. Right now he has to appease his father at all cost, but lets see what happens when he is wearing the pants for real. If I'm being honest, I actually have more faith in Jerry that I do Jason. I honestly feel like with Jason he has proven nothing in the NFL, and had zero skins on the wall before he was hired to be our coach. At least Jerry had some major skins on the wall as an owner and not matter how much we can't stand his tactics that can't be taken away from him.. I think Jerry is borderline senile, but I also think he is the lesser of the two evils between him and do nothing Jason Garrett.

cellarrodent

Reaction score
Ron Rivera is a damned good football coach, and as good as we can hope for as long as Jerry is trying to run things his way.

You can all dream about some tough guy coming in here and restoring order, but you're pretty much smoking what Jerry is.

Rivera as not an option makes me even less optimistic about success anytime soon.
A reputable coach won't come here with JJ in the mix on the field, unless he has nowhere else to go, and only looking for a quick final payout! Regardless, it won't fix this org/team run the way it has been under JJ... He'll be gone in 4 yrs max, and the result will be the same.

cellarrodent

Reaction score
I realize I'm a bit slow...but can someone please help me understand how to "like" a post please? The interface I'm seeing doesn't have a "like" button, and there are posts I'd like to acknowledge. Thanks in advance...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I realize I'm a bit slow...but can someone please help me understand how to "like" a post please? The interface I'm seeing doesn't have a "like" button, and there are posts I'd like to acknowledge. Thanks in advance...
Don't think you have posted enough to unlock it

cellarrodent

Reaction score
Just seeing all the posts saying "pass" are amusing to me since most excused worse performance from Garrett for a full decade. Now you get all finicky?
I'd say with the "primary" problem still intact, we might as well just extend JG another 4 years...cause it's only going to continue as is anyway... Not sure it gets any lower, and our "special situation" is all related to the primary issue...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'd say with the "primary" problem still intact, we might as well just extend JG another 4 years...cause it's only going to continue as is anyway... Not sure it gets any lower, and our "special situation" is all related to the primary issue...
tenor.gif

It is bad enough to suck.

To have to look at Jason Garrett more while doing so, absolutely not.

cellarrodent

Reaction score
tenor.gif

It is bad enough to suck.

To have to look at Jason Garrett more while doing so, absolutely not.
Well...prepare to get sick of looking at the next "puppet" that won't make a difference then... Fix the "primary Jonz" issue, and all will function well...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ron Rivera has only 4 winning seasons in 9 years and a 3-4 playoff record. Not sure why anyone would be excited about him as the next HC. He’s not the answer!