We have to be active in FA

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have 7* picks in the draft, exactly how many of them do you expect to be involved heavily as a rookie? I'm on the record to say if we keep going on with our same "we like our guys, we have to look at other contracts coming up, free agency is 365/24/7" but do nothing, things aren't going to be great around here! We have to be active, and if we're not going to target these 3 main areas of importance, get ready for more struggles: OL, DT, LB. We can hold off on the "cute" items (rb) for a bit, fix what needs to be fixed, and let's get better and more physical. Please give your thoughts..

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every team uses free agency to improve, and they also understand that draft picks may not pan out, especially immediately.

The Joneses have a different plan. One which hasn’t worked, but they speak of it arrogantly as if it’s proven to be perfect.

That “all in” comment was taken way out of line.

ghst187

Reaction score
We have no money, we have limited picks, we have a lot of internal FAs to sign….active in fa is not happening
Maybe there will be some guys who will play for get minimum we can pick up per usual

Rayman70

Reaction score
Id like to trade back if we can in rd 1. Unless a stud falls into our lap that we must have. My fear is we will overdraft a linebacker early due to a dire need, like we did with Mazi and the DT need we had last year. We can't do that again. I see Mazi being much better this year but the fact is, he was drafted like 2 rounds too high.We gambled, had him ranked too high on our draft board, as did many teams. Let the draft fall to us, no overreaches. Lets get us a couple alpha dogs in free agency.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're serious, we draft OL, DL, LB.
Trade Parsons for a #1,2, 4.
Don't re-sign Dak, tell him he's free to seek a trade, which we'll cover a portion of his salary.
Competition between QBs in TC and pre-season.
Use multiple #1s to get a solid NFL QB in the 2025 draft and we're off.
PS were not serious about winning anything this year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry has no intention of going all in, he only said it in attempt to get his lemmings back in line.
I don’t even think it was that.

He meant they would do all the restructures necessary to keep status quo….which in his world is coming up with tens of millions in up front cash…

It does NOT mean an outside free agent bonanza, and even if it did, the kid will kibosh when the time comes. At least we don’t need to wait until September for that to be proven.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If we're serious, we draft OL, DL, LB.
Trade Parsons for a #1,2, 4.
Don't re-sign Dak, tell him he's free to seek a trade, which we'll cover a portion of his salary.
Competition between QBs in TC and pre-season.
Use multiple #1s to get a solid NFL QB in the 2025 draft and we're off.
PS were not serious about winning anything this year.
need RB1 in the 1st.

We have scrub RBs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Id like to trade back if we can in rd 1. Unless a stud falls into our lap that we must have. My fear is we will overdraft a linebacker early due to a dire need, like we did with Mazi and the DT need we had last year. We can't do that again. I see Mazi being much better this year but the fact is, he was drafted like 2 rounds too high.We gambled, had him ranked too high on our draft board, as did many teams. Let the draft fall to us, no overreaches. Lets get us a couple alpha dogs in free agency.
Need RB1 in the first.

Might have to trade up.