We have to be active in FA

Carson

Reaction score
We can’t afford to pay Dak mega millions.

Cap is negative 20 million, as of this AM.
It’s literally the opposite.

Once you pay Dak, restructure Martin and Diggs you turn into positive +35-$40 million

Hell, you extend Lamb which you are going to do and lower his $17.99 million hit.

Gallup gives you an additional $9 million post June.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
it all depends on Tyron...will we need to address OT this year? if not I see us addressing OC and RB in the draft

leads me to think they will look for LBer help in FA...1st year LBer learning curve is something MM and MZ cannot afford

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
We have no money, we have limited picks, we have a lot of internal FAs to sign….active in fa is not happening
If that's true, then why bother resigning our FAs? Break the bank for 2-3 players and never win anything? That's been Jerry's philosophy for years. And Cap Boy wants us all to believe we have no money, we can't do what other teams seem to be able to do. Fine...if we will only ever win a Super Bowl by building through the draft, then best start trading those in-house FAs for draft capital right now. But instead this time next year Jerry will be selling Zimmer as the guy who will lead us to a Super Bowl in 2025. And then the cap will still be "a real thing". Repeat.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
it all depends on Tyron...will we need to address OT this year? if not I see us addressing OC and RB in the draft

leads me to think they will look for LBer help in FA...1st year LBer learning curve is something MM and MZ cannot afford
Odds are Tyron is gone.

He’s late career and UFA.

That girl of his wants $$$ and he will get it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We have no money, we have limited picks, we have a lot of internal FAs to sign….active in fa is not happening
Agree.

By mid March, the team has to cut players and restructure contracts to get under the cap.

Dak is a big part of that.

I want him gone. But this thing could go either way.

kskboys

Reaction score
We have 7* picks in the draft, exactly how many of them do you expect to be involved heavily as a rookie? I'm on the record to say if we keep going on with our same "we like our guys, we have to look at other contracts coming up, free agency is 365/24/7" but do nothing, things aren't going to be great around here! We have to be active, and if we're not going to target these 3 main areas of importance, get ready for more struggles: OL, DT, LB. We can hold off on the "cute" items (rb) for a bit, fix what needs to be fixed, and let's get better and more physical. Please give your thoughts..
Everyone keeps saying this, but no one will answer the question. Where do we come up w/ the salary cap room to acquire any but low budget FA's?

Kwyn

Reaction score
We have 7* picks in the draft, exactly how many of them do you expect to be involved heavily as a rookie? I'm on the record to say if we keep going on with our same "we like our guys, we have to look at other contracts coming up, free agency is 365/24/7" but do nothing, things aren't going to be great around here! We have to be active, and if we're not going to target these 3 main areas of importance, get ready for more struggles: OL, DT, LB. We can hold off on the "cute" items (rb) for a bit, fix what needs to be fixed, and let's get better and more physical. Please give your thoughts..
So, what you’re saying is that it’s critical that we extend Dak?

Please give your thoughts.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying this, but no one will answer the question. Where do we come up w/ the salary cap room to acquire any but low budget FA's?
The *only* way is to extend Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
The *only* way is to extend Dak.
Yup. I don't agree w/ it, but I expect and accept it.

That's part of the reason this team will quickly degrade into mediocrity. Paying Dak and Lamb are simply the first steps.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They have to cut dudes.

Gallup, cooks, LVE…

That’s 20 mill

Cutting DLAW saves 10

The big one….Dak. Saves 34 million

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
We all know that IF Jerry and stevie decide to jump into FA, it will be the scrubs, rejects, castoffs, and misfits who have one foot in the Home Depot door and the other foot on a banana peel. We need for them to sign at least a couple of difference makers, impact players who are going to start or get a lot of PT. Not those who may not even make it out of camp. We are only fooling ourselves if we think they are going after anyone in the top 50 FA list. More like the bottom 50, Jerry likes to not have to outbid anyone and have all the leverage.

Said before, this FO has put themselves into a very undesirable situation; that it is almost impossible to sign anyone of value other than their own.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You seem to think the FO doesn't know these things already. Btw, the two major improvements the Cowboys need to make are stopping the run on defense and running the ball on offense. So a high-quality RB is not a "cute" item. It's a position of great need. King Henry would be a great get for this team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tyron, Hankins, and Biadasz are important players.

Tough to replace that amount of talent and exp in the draft.

Plus we have to have an elite RB. And the draft is the best way.

Need LB1/2 and WR2/3