We have to be active in FA

fivetwos

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I want Jerry to shell out the big bucks for an immediate impact play at DT. It may cause a problem in 2025 or 2026, but Going all in means trying to win now. So go for it and take the medicine later.
The problem is that should have been done two offseasons ago, giving themselves a better shot in each of the last three seasons.

They continue to think every mid round draft pick is going to be a solid starter and that’s just an insanely flawed approach…that uh, no other team uses.

A glance at the last few drafts, not just last year, explains why there are so many holes in the roster and/or too many guys you can’t count on.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can manipulate your way around contracts only for so long. I understand that much about the Salary Cap. You also have to be creative with when to cut, and trade your superstars and still get compensation for them.
Truth!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem is that should have been done two offseasons ago, giving themselves a better shot in each of the last three seasons.

They continue to think every mid round draft pick is going to be a solid starter and that’s just an insanely flawed approach…that uh, no other team uses.

A glance at the last few drafts, not just last year, explains why there are so many holes in the roster and/or too many guys you can’t count on.
Yeah these project players that should have been drafted in the first but slipped to the 5th due to injuries etc we have to stop doing this approach it's getting old

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Active in FA" and impactful in FA are two different things.

Last year was a slight deviation from the norm in that the Cowboys traded for Cooks and Gilmore, both of whom were starters and reasonably good contributors.

I do expect the Cowboys to continue their trend of filling holes with "bargain" FA. I don't expect any splash FA signings.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Get ready for Jerry explaining how “we were very active in free agency” after we re-sign a bunch of our guys.
What I don’t get about this team. What if “your guys” aren’t good, or coming off injury. Example Michael Gallup and Zeke contracts. Tyrone Crawford before that. It’s like they don’t mind bad contracts if it one of “our guys”.

kumizi

Reaction score
Mike Evans looks like he’ll be a free agent.

Not that there’s any chance we’ll sign him but it’s nice to dream.

shabazz

Reaction score
Knowing how aggressive Jerry is, I'm expecting Saquon and Wagner to be the first 2 additions......