We have to be active in FA

nobody

Reaction score
Not a joke.

We got scrubs at RB.

RB1 in the 1st.
What good is a first round RB if you don't have a capable line dominating the LoS and making lanes? You can get a good RB in the second and third. This isn't the 90's anymore. Yes, RB is important, but you need an O-line that makes the holes AND pass protects. So by definition that's far more important than a RB drafted early.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think we can wait and get Ray Davis in rd 2 or 3. The Kentucky RB. Hes a stud. I like the Notre Dame rb too. Estime. In rd 1, if RB is rated highest on our board, you take him. But we really need to fix the trenches.
Jonathon Brooks
Trey Benson
Estime
Bucky Irving
All of these can be had rounds 2-3/4.
Corum might even slide to top of 2nd.

Sandyf

Reaction score
We have no money, we have limited picks, we have a lot of internal FAs to sign….active in fa is not happening
They will restructure multiple contracts along with probably extending Dak and Lamb and Parsons which could give them as much as $40 million in cap. Now would Jerry actually go out and sign significant free agents, seriously doubt it.

Toro9

Reaction score
1st Round: No. 24
2nd Round: No. 56
3rd Round: No. 88
5th Round: Comp Pick (Connor McGovern)
6th Round: Comp Pick (Dalton Schultz)
7th Round: No. 234 (Raiders)
7th Round: No. 245
I'm assuming this is confirmed?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We have 7* picks in the draft, exactly how many of them do you expect to be involved heavily as a rookie? I'm on the record to say if we keep going on with our same "we like our guys, we have to look at other contracts coming up, free agency is 365/24/7" but do nothing, things aren't going to be great around here! We have to be active, and if we're not going to target these 3 main areas of importance, get ready for more struggles: OL, DT, LB. We can hold off on the "cute" items (rb) for a bit, fix what needs to be fixed, and let's get better and more physical. Please give your thoughts..
Jerry does not have to do anything ,
And rarely does.

shabazz

Reaction score
No chance Dak is gone. It's going one way only. I just hope it happens quick enough to salvage an actual FA period.
It's a fact. And it has absolutely no bearing on whether he is deserving of an extension or not.....it's based on the GM not making another option

Chasing6

Reaction score
We have 7* picks in the draft, exactly how many of them do you expect to be involved heavily as a rookie? I'm on the record to say if we keep going on with our same "we like our guys, we have to look at other contracts coming up, free agency is 365/24/7" but do nothing, things aren't going to be great around here! We have to be active, and if we're not going to target these 3 main areas of importance, get ready for more struggles: OL, DT, LB. We can hold off on the "cute" items (rb) for a bit, fix what needs to be fixed, and let's get better and more physical. Please give your thoughts..
Have to get a LB in free agency or via trade. No way we move forward with a rookie, redshirt rookie and a Safety.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not expecting Jerry and son to do anything major in FA, other than maybe signing a few of their "own" FA's. That's their definition of being active in Free Agency. I seriously doubt they are going to go out a get a "tier 1" free agent....but maybe they'll surprise us. I'm not holding my breath.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Never going to happen. We will get a free agent Vet. Whichever one does not have a team when the music stops.
That worked well in 2023 didn’t it?

Less expensive to draft RB1 in the first round.

That gives us a 5th year option too.

UFAs are expensive and there’s usually a reason no one wants them.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm not expecting Jerry and son to do anything major in FA, other than maybe signing a few of their "own" FA's. That's their definition of being active in Free Agency. I seriously doubt they are going to go out a get a "tier 1" free agent....but maybe they'll surprise us. I'm not holding my breath.
This is likely because our Cap is jacked.

We will be lucky to keep Tyron, Biadasz, or Hankins.