We Have Won Only 6 Games With Less Than 100 Yards Rushing With Dak As Starting QB Since 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well let’s start here do you or do you not agree that good teams typically start off strong and control a lead and don’t commit penalties? Does that sound like the Cowboys at any time during the Garrett or McCarthy era?
I need to see how many games we crossed the 100 yard rushing threshold while having a big lead already.

How could I deny actual facts if they are posted?

Qcard

Reaction score
Oh I remember very well. That’s why I’m not even taking this serious lol. They hopped off that train real fast.
Oh..... Andy Dalton got dropped like bad habit.

I love Cooper Rush. I've got nothing against the player but these Dak Haters are shilling Cooper Rush to spite Prescott.

I hope Cooper Rush keeps winning but Dak Haters act like Jonathan Allen and Constable defense voted Rush top 100 player:lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I only brought up the other QBs when some people started asking about the other QBs or saying things like "oh, this is a problem for all the teams blah blah blah".

You'd know this if you actually read through things before hitting reply.
I did. still yet, I don't get the comparisons. Allen, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes blow almost all QBs out of the water. its not just a Dak thing. its those 4 and then there is the rest of the league over the years. of course they are elite and expected to be more impactful to their teams victories. its like saying I discovered sky is blue. of course it is.

Dak and many other QBs need help for the team to be successful. that's a fact. its not a precursor to being doomed. there have been many QBs, not elite and have reached the heights and won superbowls.

with that said, it was interesting that I looked at the 6 games we rushed less than 100 last year with Dak every game except for tampa the opponent rushed for 100. the tampa game was a strange won, which we should have pulled off, but coaching sucked.

and as one of the posters said, 80% of games that a team rushes for 100 they win. essentially ability to rush equals to ability to control the game. I am going to look through, the defense probably plays a great deal in any win/loss. for example the Minny game, defense gave up 16. the only other loss we gave up less than 20 and lost was the KC game.

thus, this is not a Dak discovery. its an NFL discovery....but yeah, sky is blue

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile. :lmao2::lmao2:

Run along before you get doxxed!!
his profile was public, until I called him out about 98% of his posts being Dak related and he is Dak Obsessed. then he went dark....go figure.

he will ignore your response...he doesn't like be exposed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If my research is not correct, and if not somebody will surely point it out, then please correct me if I am wrong here.

But, according to PFR Week 11 of 2019 against the 3-6-1 Detroit Lions is the last time we won a game with less than 100 rushing yards with Dak at QB.

Andy Dalton lead us to victory in Week 15 of 2020 with under 100 yards of rushing support.

Cooper Rush lead us to victory in his lone start against the Vikings in 2021 without 100 rushing yards of support.

When/If Dak comes back it is absolutely necessary that we continue to keep the rush game going and balanced if we want to win games and be successful more consistently. We cannot give up on the run quickly and we must limit the ability for Dak to audible out of plays so much if we want to have success. There NEEDS to be a balance and that needs to come from both the play calling and Dak sticking to the runs instead of audibling out of them as he has been known to do.
I'm pretty sure most fans have been saying this also......good post

IMO.
He thinks he is slyly back hand slapping Dak. This was not meant to be a compliment to Dak.
Good post on the stats (otherwise, not), but it is meant to say, Dak can't win without a run game. Which goes for most QB most of the time. Unless that defense has a horrible secondary.

The 1989 Dallas Cowboys had the best pass defense only because they had the worst run defense. So everyone ran the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.