We Have Won Only 6 Games With Less Than 100 Yards Rushing With Dak As Starting QB Since 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They need to run the same offense that they are using for Rush. Get Dak some confidence.
Get back to basics and learn how to do that efficiently first and then let our superstar OC unleash his furry.
Go Cowboys!

Well, I'd love to see what his suit is that he'd unleash lol.

Zman5

Reaction score
Why are you avoiding the question? lol

Allen or Dak?

Who would you rather have?

I'm not avoiding the question. I'm asking why do you care? What does that have anything to do with your thread about useless stat to evaluate a QB?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm not avoiding the question. I'm asking why do you care? What does that have anything to do with your thread about useless stat to evaluate a QB?

That's still avoiding the question. lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why are you avoiding the question? lol

Allen or Dak?

Who would you rather have?

I would go with Allen even though both have one thing is common, no SB wins no SB appearances. Record vs winning teams Allen 7-10 and Dak 13-20. But sure If I could pick one or the other I would take Allen but would not batch about his contract which is also more.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care.

I'm just curious as to why you won't answer the question.

Allen or Dak?

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't care.

I'm just curious as to why you won't answer the question.

Allen or Dak?

I'm also curious as to why you won't answer the question.. What does this have to do with your thread about useless stat to evaluate a QB?

Zman5

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with it. That's my answers.

So, Allen or Dak?

Allen is the better QB right now. As I said before, why is this even a question? Then again you have no clue evaluating QBs so I guess it makes sense you would ask.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Allen is the better QB right now. As I said before, why is this even a question? Then again you have no clue evaluating QBs so I guess it makes sense you would ask.
The reason it was brought up was your strange response to me saying if the Bills cut Allen then I'd be all for the Cowboys picking him up.

Your response was "Why should we be surprised? You'd be on board picking up a roadkill to replace Dak.'

Allen isn't "roadkill" so I thought it was strange that you made it seem like that was a controversial opinion to have.

Zman5

Reaction score
The reason it was brought up was your strange response to me saying if the Bills cut Allen then I'd be all for the Cowboys picking him up.

Your response was "Why should we be surprised? You'd be on board picking up a roadkill to replace Dak.'

Allen isn't "roadkill" so I thought it was strange that you made it seem like that was a controversial opinion to have.

You said Allen has regressed. LOL. Talk about strange take.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Well then.

Does that mean that Aikman "needed" 100 yards to win a game? Or that running for 100 yards is the winning ticket to winning ball games?
It just means balance is the key for most teams. I think that's why guys like Favre, Brees, and Rodgers only won one. Their teams were too pass happy with them.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Was it the amount of carries or the effeteness of the run? Had Emmitt only been avg 2 or 3 yards per rush, I highly doubt Jimmy would have continue to have the Cowboys running. Believe me I want to see balance with run and pass, but if you are getting 2 yards a carry with only a certain number of possession with in a game it is hard to stick with running especially one you start falling behind.
Well it's been said it's now how well you run the ball, it's how often you run the ball. Like Aikman said, Emmitt would have never been the all-time leading rusher if they didn't run against eight man fronts. It's easy to stick to the struggling run game when you have guys like Aikman and Irvin to bail you out. 21 rushes a game sounds like one heck of a commitment to me. Just saying.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It's useless without context. It skews in favor of non running QBs. I bet Lamar Jackson has very few games he's won when the Ravens rushed for less 100 yards. That doesn't mean he wasn't a major factor in winning those games when they did rush for 100 yards.
I just think teams need to find that winning stat line like that and abide by it. You are what your record says you are, and you play the way the stats tell you to play. But that's just me.

GINeric

Reaction score
2016 - 0-1
2017 - 1-2
2018 - 3-5
2019 - 2-4 (The last time we did it with Dak)
2020 - 1-5 (Andy Dalton)
2021 - 1-6 (1-0 with Rush and 0-6 with Dak)
2022 - 0-1

Basically, last year alone we lost as many games (0-6) with Dak when we had less that 100 yards rushing then we've won with less than 100 yards rushing with Dak as the QB in his entire 6+ year career.

Oh last year when we were the most penalized team in the league we were 0-6????

I wonder if that could have had something to do with it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.