We looking at 5 new starters on defense. Wish it could be 6

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do not believe any of that is true ....... I think you dislike him and are exaggerating about his play.

He has played out of position most of his career. That has been a scheme problem

That's what it comes down to...people just don't like him. Not because he's a criminal. Not because he beats women. No. Because he swipes, has businesses and has mental lapses out there on defense......

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree 100%.

And I'm turning into a "Jaylon defender" and I hate it but the hatred for him is just terrible. I've seen Greg Hardy get more respect from this fanbase.

Why would anyone not want to at least see what he looks like under Quinn before wanting to cut him? I just don't get it....
We will get to, just not sure a better scheme is enough to improve what he will never get back in lateral mobility.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
CB: Awuzie
FS: Woods
LB: Lee or Thomas
DL: A. Smith
DL: Crawford

I wish some one would step up and put Jaylon on the bench. Heck I wish the FO would grow a pair and cut him. Set a example.
Jaylon may end up a 2 down LB. I know Jerry has a soft spot for him, but Quinn will see that he is liability in coverage and will probably ease Cox in there over the course of the season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I hope so. This is probably his last shot here if he doesn't.
Too much exposure on Smith at this point,, media doesnt lie right...
So like you say, this is Jaylons time to shine,, his Brough raised when Dallas selected at 12.
Im good with that,, I dont have to love the player more than I love extracting all their value has to offer.
Would love to see an addition like Parsons just come in and elevate a veteran core,, of underachievers.
I say underachievers, because I still believe that Jaylon and LVE have higher ceilings, to a varying degree.
If drafting Parsons not only elevates the level of talent but also elevates the culture of the position, then we might as well just smile.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This unconditional hatred of Jaylon is getting out of hand.

He has been misused by most of his DC's and the one he had the most success with and played like an all pro was a student of his new DC.

If he still looks lost in Dan Quinn's defense then he can be cut or benched next year.

Its not his play so much as the absurd celebrations after every tackle. Dude celebrates plays while Cleveland is gashing us for 300 rushing yards.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score

He has been misused by most of his DC's and the one he had the most success with and played like an all pro was a student of his new DC.

If he still looks lost in Dan Quinn's defense then he can be cut or benched next year.
I am with you zrinkill the hate is a bit much

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I wish some one would step up and put Jaylon on the bench. Heck I wish the FO would grow a pair and cut him. Set a example.
Maybe Jaylin would be better. With help. He could be the linebacker he was at Notre Dame. Don’t throw him away yet

Loso86

Reaction score

I think it could end up being 7 honestly

Big_D

Reaction score
It's not hate. Some are ridiculous around here with the love/hate garbage. Tackles aren't the only stat. He favors the leg and doesn't shed blocks and it's an ongoing problem. This D has been routinely gashed against the run and his play is part of that. No DT is going to keep him completely clean from having to take on blockers.

I commend him for even playing a down of football after such a devastating injury, but if this defense ever hopes to turn the corner and become a championship caliber group it will be with better LBs.

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Totally agree, after last season it looked like everyone on D should have been replaced, yet the season before mostly everyone looked much better. Willing to give Jaylon another opportunity to be utilized correctly. Fans are harsh and we sometimes think we know better than the people in charge, but I doubt few could do the job. With the contract Jaylon signed I think most thought he would be playing like an allpro. Then when he made some bad plays many fans watched Jaylon every play looking for anything bad. Let's all watch this 2020 highlight video and get pumped!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It makes sense to see if Quinn and Edwards can "fix" him and LVE before you toss them on the trash heap
I think this is the jones boys plan.
Both were poor choices to draft and draft high lol.
This year I heard jerry say no injured players would be drafted, so the learning process is still ongoing with the jones boys.

I watched the rams game from last year again, and lee looked overweight, and slow, totally different from his previous years.
He needed the speed, not bulk.
Jaylon seemed slower too, so dont know if either can be fixed.
It is a burden on quinn to be forced to have to use them.

But we will see in sept.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Because of his contract, the Cowboys can not afford to just cut Jaylon. I'm hoping Dan Quinn can make him useful again.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

agree about the #JaylonHate

he’s a good player.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jaylon was terrible the last two years. Bad terrible. I didnt even think he deserved his pro bowl nod the year he got it. This defense would be much better served with him no longer on the team.

Yet the stat sheets say otherwise....

odd....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
he led the team in tackles.
That's true but the stat is nothing to brag about. His average tackle was 6 yards deep on our side of the line of scrimmage. Making tackles on the other side of the line of scrimmage is what really matters. Having the most tackles on a terrible defense is saying nothing.