We may have the two best CBs in the NFC

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They are both play makers, and better than any CBs we've had since Prime Time. Better by a long shot.

INB4 useless statistics meant to prop up non-play makers who couldn't make a pick to save their lives, let alone pick sixes.

The ability to make plays is the most important quality in a skill position player.
Then you're most likely going to hate Mike Zimmers defense. These guys wont get nearly the opportunities to make plays on the ball.

gtb1943

Reaction score
They are both play makers, and better than any CBs we've had since Prime Time. Better by a long shot.

INB4 useless statistics meant to prop up non-play makers who couldn't make a pick to save their lives, let alone pick sixes.

The ability to make plays is the most important quality in a skill position player.
the problem with too many play makers is they take too many risks; and give up more than they make
Favre was one of them later in his career; threw almost as many picks as he did TDs
That is why most secondary coaches want players who will keep the big plays from happening; willing to give up the possibility of making them since they believe in the long run its the better way to go

Motorola

Reaction score
the problem with too many play makers is they take too many risks; and give up more than they make
Favre was one of them later in his career; threw almost as many picks as he did TDs
That is why most secondary coaches want players who will keep the big plays from happening; willing to give up the possibility of making them since they believe in the long run its the better way to go
Brett Farve threw almost as many nterceptions as he did touchdowns
HIS ENTIRE NFL CAREER.
20 seasons as a starter - 18 with GB, 2 with MIN____
Farve only threw 10 INT or less only once____his first year with the Vikings.
13 - 15 INT___7 times
16 - 20 INT___6 times
20 - 25 INT___5 times
25 - 30 INT___1 time (29)
508 touchdown passes, 336 interceptions = a 1.5 /1.0 ratio.

Rodgers 4.52 /1
Prescott 2.73 /1

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll look forward to seeing a better defense taking the field this year.
A solid combo of pass and run coverage sounds good to me.:thumbup:

Defending the run as well as the pass should resolve things for us.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
His defenses when he was here before were bottom of the league for turnovers. Not sure if that followed him to Min or not.
High TO's is far from the most important aspect of a D. Why? Because those TO's dry up when playing playoff QB's who are mostly known for not turning the ball over. That was one of our big issues vs GB.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's why Favre only won one super bowl. He threw away a myriad of playoff games, including one w/ Minny.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
High TO's is far from the most important aspect of a D. Why? Because those TO's dry up when playing playoff QB's who are mostly known for not turning the ball over. That was one of our big issues vs GB.
While I agree to a point, being at the bottom of the league is no good either.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's like when Newmann would get called a"shut down corner" as an excuse to why he couldn't pick a pass off, like... ever, with the logic being that nobody would throw his way as to why his interceptions were nonexistent.

Deion actually was a "shut down corner" and yet he managed to pick passes off frequently.

Give me guys who can turn games with a huge pick six any day. If your starter is going whole seasons with zero picks then you have no chance of getting anywhere.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's like when Newmann would get called a"shut down corner" as an excuse to why he couldn't pick a pass off, like... ever, with the logic being that nobody would throw his way as to why his interceptions were nonexistent.

Deion actually was a "shut down corner" and yet he managed to pick passes off frequently.

Give me guys who can turn games with a huge pick six any day. If your starter is going whole seasons with zero picks then you have no chance of getting anywhere.
I think there’s some truth to it it was easier to throw at the other corner as opposed to Newman.

gtb1943

Reaction score

so a guy giving up two TDs for every pick is ok?

mcmvp

Reaction score
philly ?

slay and bradberry ?
I think he’s referring to their cb’s future potential. Not Bradberry…he won’t likely even make the team this year. Slay is older, but can still be solid.

Quinyon Mitchell will be one of the outside starters this year…probably with Slay to begin the year. I would not be at all shocked to see Slay replaced with Isaiah Rodgers or Kelee Ringo sometime this season, and certainly by 2025. Plus DeJean at nickel CB. Huge upgrade over last year.

But they are far too young to say they are the best CB group at the moment…they haven’t proven anything yet.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then you're most likely going to hate Mike Zimmers defense. These guys wont get nearly the opportunities to make plays on the ball.
Maybe that reason is, Zimmer never had CB's like he will have this season.
Just throwing it out there, as I can't recall who he had elsewhere.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Maybe that reason is, Zimmer never had CB's like he will have this season.
Just throwing it out there, as I can't recall who he had elsewhere.
If that’s a reason, it’s a very small reason. The main reason is because he’s much more conservative by nature than Quinn. He’s an older coach… I don’t see him turning these guys loose and having them jump as many routes as Quinn did. Under Quinn, there was a lot of feast or famine… And it led to a lot of feasting, especially when the Cowboys were playing with a lead. I don’t see that happening under Zimmer… very different philosophies