We may have the two best CBs in the NFC

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Or the two most overrated.

Bland has to prove that last season was not a fluke. Diggs has to prove he's not damaged goods.

If they are up to the challenge, then we can start with the Renfro/Adderly, Thurman/Walls comparisons.
He’s proved it since he was drafted. He was an All Pro last year for crying out loud.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Did teams give him the picks sixes. What were they thinking, hey what the heck throw it to Bland.

Bland earned those pick sixes. Will he do it again, very unlikely.

And did he not have 6, not 5?
That was my point. He's not going to get them again. They know he's dangerous now. No more throwing short outs at Bland.

You know, I thought it was 6 too, but when I checked somewhere, it was 5. Maybe I asked an LLM and it was wrong. Dunno.

PFR says 5 TDs.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BlanDa00.htm

FVSTONE

Reaction score
A lot of things to be pessimistic about but assuming Trevon Diggs can come back from the ACL injury, when is the last time we could make the claim that our team may have the two best cornerbacks in the NFC? 29 interceptions in 3 seasons between the two. And that’s with Diggs missing most of last season and Bland not playing yet in 2021. How insane is that?

If the team can finally stop the run this year and they still have as much pass rush pressure under Zimm as DQ, these two when healthy will threaten the record of 20 interceptions by Everson Walls and Dennis Thurman 40 years ago.

We may not see the real Diggs until the second half of the 2024 season or worse yet until sometime in the 2025 season. It takes time for these athletics to get adjusted to a surgical repaired knee and you can bet the house that receivers are going to test Diggs often to see if he can cover their every move on the football field..................

plasticman

Reaction score
He’s proved it since he was drafted. He was an All Pro last year for crying out loud.
Yes, he made All-Pro. I think he took a lot of opponents by surprise. How will he fare when they gameplan him and believe they are ready for him?

Don't get me wrong, he earned All-Pro. I just think that it takes more than a single season to label a player's abilities.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes, he made All-Pro. I think he took a lot of opponents by surprise. How will he fare when they gameplan him and believe they are ready for him?

Don't get me wrong, he earned All-Pro. I just think that it takes more than a single season to label a player's abilities.
:facepalm:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
People are forgetting how good Diggs looked before the injury. His early rap was he was too much of a gambler on turnovers but he has worked hard to reverse that label. Bland is still not getting respect from the fans because of his draft position. Pick on Jourdan Lewis because our two outside corners are just waiting for the misthrow or misread.

Adreme

Reaction score
They probably have the best duo in the NFC but probably not the top 2 overall. Ward, Johnson, and Alexander, just to name a few, are certainly overall better CBs than either but, at least in the NFC, I don’t think there is a great CB duo at the moment outside of Dallas.

kskboys

Reaction score
They probably have the best duo in the NFC but probably not the top 2 overall. Ward, Johnson, and Alexander, just to name a few, are certainly overall better CBs than either but, at least in the NFC, I don’t think there is a great CB duo at the moment outside of Dallas.
GB: Douglas and Alexander.

sbark

Reaction score
They will go as our def can put pressure on QB's.

Last yr, as our ability to pressure got neutralized, Bland got passed on more

Life in the NFL

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't see Bland having the same kind of season that he did last year.
Bland can make the pick. He's pretty darn good. There's a lot to be desired when it comes to his coverage skills though. A lot of teams picked on him last year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Enjoy it while we can. Don’t see how they will re-sign Bland on top of Digg’s salary if they can’t even get the other ones done yet.