We need a few moves to be a truly dominant D!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We have work to do to become THE DOMINANT Defense in the NFL, but it is definitely doable( what I mean by dominant is less than 14 points a game).

We need to pursued Wagner to come to Dallas. Micah should be recruiting right now!

We need to resign Hankins and sign another big run stuffing DT. Resign Watkins as a rotation player( good player who is under rated). Possibly draft the quick smallish DT from Pitt( pass rush ).

Hopefully, Sam Williams makes a 2nd year jump. He has the potential to be really good if not dominant! Does he want to be great? He has ALL the physical tools!

Have Micah add 15-20 lbs and attack the QB from all over the LOS.

This D is already set at CB and Safety!!

With these moves/improvements we still have draft capital to improve the OL and possibly grab Hopkins in FA!

Run Ist offense with Dak driving the bus!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We have work to do to become THE DOMINANT Defense in the NFL, but it is definitely doable( what I mean by dominant is less than 14 points a game).

We need to pursued Wagner to come to Dallas. Micah should be recruiting right now!

We need to resign Hankins and sign another big run stuffing DT. Resign Watkins as a rotation player( good player who is under rated). Possibly draft the quick smallish DT from Pitt( pass rush ).

Hopefully, Sam Williams makes a 2nd year jump. He has the potential to be really good if not dominant! Does he want to be great? He has ALL the physical tools!

With these moves/improvements we still have draft capital to improve the OL and possibly grab Hopkins in FA!

Plenty of time to roster build with the draft and remaining free agents. I don't think Wagner will be here with the signing of LVE, but working to get 2 MLBs on the field that can play would be a good problem to have.

vlad

Reaction score
For the love i wish for once we’d get a monster dt (like everyone else on this forum) that could push the pocket from the middle as well as hold the line. Much like sex with w/ a model i hear it’s awesome but wouldn’t know

Twin928

Reaction score

Wagner and 2 fat war daddy’s n the middle we will be complete

Havic

Reaction score
For the love i wish for once we’d get a monster dt (like everyone else on this forum) that could push the pocket from the middle as well as hold the line. Much like sex with w/ a model i hear it’s awesome but wouldn’t know
you can take my word for it. It's awesome.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Money talks to most players more than other players.
We definitely still have work to do on offense…..LG, RB, WR, another TE.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm really excited to watch this defense next year. Getting a stud DT and maybe one more quality Linebacker would make Daks errors cost a lot less in big games.

75boyz

Reaction score

Nice post.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Lol at saying Micah adding 15-20 pounds like it’s nothing. Not only is that a very difficult thing to do, but Micah’s dominance is largely due to his speed and flexibility. His strength is also just fine…

I am saying add 20 lbs, so has more bulk and stamina to rush vs 300lbers ALL game long. Micah gets beat up and fatigued at 245lbs.

I never said it would be easy to gain 20 lbs of muscle, but it can be done if he wants to rush the passer on a regular basis. He has already admitted he gets beat up rushing at 245lbs!

That was an awesome play!! Actually I think it was the defensive play of the year!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Plenty of time to roster build with the draft and remaining free agents. I don't think Wagner will be here with the signing of LVE, but working to get 2 MLBs on the field that can play would be a good problem to have.
LVE was signed to such a low cost contract we should still have an opportunity to sign Wagner.

Maybe he will give us a slight discount seeing he will be playing for Quinn and a possible transformative D!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yah, Im not with putting 15-20 in Micah. Why change a good thing? Williams need to step up this year.

ONLY way to get his defense dominant is to be able shut down the run. #1 would be a great DT. I think we know they aren't doing that. Next thing would have to be Wagner. But they wanted to go cheap and sign LVE the JAG.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yah, Im not with putting 15-20 in Micah. Why change a good thing? Williams need to step up this year.

ONLY way to get his defense dominant is to be able shut down the run. #1 would be a great DT. I think we know they aren't doing that. Next thing would have to be Wagner. But they wanted to go cheap and sign LVE the JAG.
I agree Micah is definitely doing really well as a 245lb LB/DE, but he himself has admitted it wears him down rushing the passer. I would love to see him add 10lbs and rush 75% of his snaps( let him take a few more snaps off on early downs) AND get Wagner as our MLB, get Hankins and Watkins resigned and pickup another solid DT.
With these very doable moves this D would take a huge step to true dominance.

Signing LVE to a very team friendly deal should not stop us from pursuing Wagner, quit the contrary. It gives us a better chance of signing him! Make it happen Jerry!!!

Also, Sam Williams stepping up could be huge! Does he have it mentally to be great? He definitely has the physical tools!!